Is a motorised dish worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last!

What is the tuner config and also how have you got dishes connected.

fixed dish set to tuner a "simple"
motorized on tuner b, tried it "simple - positioner" and "advanced - all sats" tried "simple - singlle" all settings I try crash it.

Did have some sucess finding sats setting the dish to a fixed bird, ( simple - single - sat eg 19.2e) got 7w and 26e which the installer said I would not get :)
just a ballache doing every sat singley like that tho.

Installer was screwed by my "very new" firmware lol, a previous job he had the same problems, he did stay over for an hour or so messing, even tho I only paid him to install the dish, so that was cool.

seemed a bloody big rigmarole for a straight facing south wall..... just wait until you start thinking that the TD110 isnt big enough and you want a gibby/andrew 1.25 lol. anyway its done now so enjoy. regards mdt

seemed a bloody big rigmarole for a straight facing south wall..... just wait until you start thinking that the TD110 isnt big enough and you want a gibby/andrew 1.25 lol. anyway its done now so enjoy. regards mdt

lol, TD110 will have to be big enough, I cant go bigger in my area, TD110 is pushing the 1m limit as it is :)

thanks mdt, im sure its going to be a fun journey.

There was an issue where advanced messed things up, reverting to simple did not undo any changes. The only way to undo it was to reflash without reverting. ( this was for another receiver on a PLI image). For now reflash without restoring settings and try the following:

Config mode: Simple
Mode: Postioner

Enter long and lat details and leave the other options as they are.

For the other tuner connected to 28.2
Mode: Single
Sat: 28.2
send diseqc : no

There was an issue where advanced messed things up, reverting to simple did not undo any changes. The only way to undo it was to reflash without reverting. ( this was for another receiver on a PLI image). For now reflash without restoring settings and try the following:

Mode: Postioner

Enter long and lat details and leave the other options as they are.

For the other tuner connected to 28.2
Mode: Single
Sat: 28.2
send diseqc : no

thats exactly how i have it set up now, dish wont bloody move now :(

ok, restored tm to the settings I had earlier, tried manual scan of 7w, dish moves, red light flashing on motor, I guess its doing something now lol, bugging me tho that it keeps crashing when I use satfinder, might have to try a different (easier ) image lol.

try OPEN-PLI image to see if its any better,regards mdt

I dont think the problem is that of the image. I have latest vix working here without any problem on my vu duo. It may be just dish alignment problem.

I dont think the problem is that of the image. I have latest vix working here without any problem on my vu duo. It may be just dish alignment problem.

Its definately not a dish alignment problem, the problem is the image crashes when I select satfinder, dish alignment would not do that.

Its definately not a dish alignment problem, the problem is the image crashes when I select satfinder, dish alignment would not do that.

You are right then. do a total reflash with different image then. maybe pli as quoted MTD. ( dont forget to do full factory reset)

try OPEN-PLI image to see if its any better,regards mdt

When I first got my twin it had openpli on it, but I found it very buggy, stuff would not install (even though box said it had) stuff wouldn't un-install lol.

When I first got my twin it had openpli on it, but I found it very buggy, stuff would not install (even though box said it had) stuff wouldn't un-install lol.

Ah! Yes good times ahead welcome to the wonderful world of Linux, i have a Twin here and it was running the latest 4D image from around 4 days ago and that has caused me Zero problems, Generally its User error and not the Box/Image itself after all you are dealing with a Mini PC of sorts and so it reacts the same way as any other operating system if it does not like something it reboots or stops working the same as a normal PC in the way that not everything is compatible with it either

Ah! Yes good times ahead welcome to the wonderful world of Linux, i have a Twin here and it was running the latest 4D image from around 4 days ago and that has caused me Zero problems, Generally its User error and not the Box/Image itself after all you are dealing with a Mini PC of sorts and so it reacts the same way as any other operating system if it does not like something it reboots or stops working the same as a normal PC in the way that not everything is compatible with it either

I don't see how it is "user error" tho Digi, I try to install stuff into the image and it installed 100%, it just wasn't there when I came to use it, likewise when I Tried to uninstall stuff I didn't like or didn't use, it would uninstall it but it was still there, i'm not the only person to have had that problem either :)

I don't see how it is "user error" tho Digi, I try to install stuff into the image and it installed 100%, it just wasn't there when I came to use it, likewise when I Tried to uninstall stuff I didn't like or didn't use, it would uninstall it but it was still there, i'm not the only person to have had that problem either :)

So you never had software that you used say on something like windows 2000 and came to use it on windows 8 and guess what it does not work even with the compatibility mode thats what i am trying to explain.

Plus the fact images and Linux distros get updated and what worked on the previous Kernel does not mean it will work on the new one either, you have only just got your box others have had years of this frustration including when some people may have a plugin working on there's but you cant get it to work on yours.

All i can say is welcome to the club and may the weeks,months of cursing your box begin

So you never had software that you used say on something like windows 2000 and came to use it on windows 8 and guess what it does not work even with the compatibility mode thats what i am trying to explain.

Plus the fact images and Linux distros get updated and what worked on the previous Kernel does not mean it will work on the new one either, you have only just got your box others have had years of this frustration including when some people may have a plugin working on there's but you cant get it to work on yours.

All i can say is welcome to the club and may the weeks,months of cursing your box begin

I understand what your saying Digi and I agree, but the app I am using came with the image that is installed, I didn't add or install it, so in theory it should work 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back