what about the Birds

bigadec

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just stood looking out the kitchen window saw a blackbird. Dont know what came over me but decided to throw some bread out for the poor thing. Good job the cats in, lazy thing wont venture out in this.

Lately there have been groups of 5 or 6 blackbirds, robins and wood pigeons in my back garden. Don't know why they keep coming but they seem to be mating on the fence nearly got the rifle out for the wood pigeons but didn't want to shot any of the other birds

Lately there have been groups of 5 or 6 blackbirds, robins and wood pigeons in my back garden. Don't know why they keep coming but they seem to be mating on the fence nearly got the rifle out for the wood pigeons but didn't want to shot any of the other birds
why shoot the wood pigeons
they are a nice wild bird

It's a bad time of the year for the little birdies, we should all be throwing our scraps out for them.

Pound shops have peanut feeders and fat balls in stock, stick one or two in your garden to help the poor wee things out :)

It's a bad time of the year for the little birdies, we should all be throwing our scraps out for them.

Pound shops have peanut feeders and fat balls in stock, stick one or two in your garden to help the poor wee things out :)
definetely mate i always throw out the bread for them!

i used to have a robin visit me in the winter and some blue tits , i think my pussy put pay to the blue tits.
Its a shame as i had a few nesting boxes up for them , they were going in e.t.c but must have been put off by the pussy.
Maybe we can see curlys tits soon.

i used to have a robin visit me in the winter and some blue tits , i think my pussy put pay to the blue tits.
Its a shame as i had a few nesting boxes up for them , they were going in e.t.c but must have been put off by the pussy.
would love to see curlys tits out again, seen the original thread of them and a few videos but it would be fun to watch them live!

would love to see curlys tits out again, seen the original thread of them and a few videos but it would be fun to watch them live!

going to the pound shop tomorrow to stock up on bags of nuts for the little birdies :) just hang them on the washing line as it ain't getting used this weather lol

There's a little Wagtail coming in my garden 2 or 3 times a day. He's getting bolder and bolder by the day coming closer to the house with me at the window. Haven't seen one in my garden before.
I bought a couple of bags of Wild Bird Food at Poundland, don't know how they sell it for a quid.

My tits will be out soon guys lol

In the meantime, here's my robin :)

15433_213657663073_749673073_3279716_7978586_n.jpg

I've been putting scraps out every day and encourage everyone else to, it makes all the difference in this weather.

Curly

heres my robin, he wouldnt leave me alone lol

when unrar'd its a .3gp file

I remember last year about this time i woke up and went downstairs i could hear noise coming from my gas fire in living room. kids thought it was a rat called a corgi guy out and found a wood pigeon that fell in the chimmney. took it outside after couple of mins it flew away costing me £40

pity she wasn't outside or they'd be a pair of blue tits ! lol

Next door put out loads, so as our cat is a pretty good hunter, mostly mice, I dont put any food out so the birds are safer next door, but like watching them, the birds not the neighbours

heres my robin, he wouldnt leave me alone lol

when unrar'd its a .3gp file

Thats a cracker digi, how long did it take him before he landed on your hand?
We have a wee stuckie who is getting braver by the day and is now coming up to the kitchen door.

For some reason we have a lot of magpies this year,,i never knew they were so big..

Been putting out some dog food every morn. The blackbirds seem to love it, great worm substitute for the wee fellas.

Back