Virmin Media

Got a letter from VM yesterday -- telling me that they are NOT putting the price of my package up this year !!

Which is nice of them, but, as I only signed it in April, I wasn't expecting it to go up anyway...…!

Got a letter from VM yesterday -- telling me that they are NOT putting the price of my package up this year !

Which is nice of them, but, as I only signed it in April, I wasn't expecting it to go up anyway...…!
They have increased the price mid term a few times, normaly around £3.50.
Ive just had an email saying the same as your letter.
But you can choose to leave if your not happy with the mid term increase.

A little update, after the shenanigans of the call on tues got up to find an email explaining what changes we had made to my contract...£122 was the supposed amount,what do you know email said £129..So onto the phone i went, 2 calls later(2nd one was 2hr's 17m long) and i had another new deal Ultimate Oomph..lol Cost £116...for that im getting 1Gb service all the Tv channels i had before(which was most available) except Premier Sport. Three V6 boxes,Talk More Anytime(Landline) and Oomph Unlimited data SIM
Got told the £7 increase was for the HD Channels,told them exactly what i thought of that lol. Still waiting on a call from them about the muppet that was dissing me,but tbh not expecting one as i had been put onto some Asian lady after a lengthy wait only to be appologised to for about ten mins. Happy enough now with what i got as the sim card is gonna save me another almost £40 p/m

They have rung again and offered me 100meg with phone and weekend calls for £21 a month on a 18 month contract. I accepted his offer🤑

That's a fantastic offer mate, I'm about to ring them and may quote what you have been offered.

Was paying £51 100md and landline( witch i never use) phoned them and now getting 50mb no landline no contract for £25

Quiet happy with that will just take longer to download my backup games and still use their free virgin newsgroup :)

Well did a speed test and still on 100mb and phone line still connected ????????

Wonder if the nice woman I was talking to from Scotland has just reduced my bill and left me with the same connection I had in the first place?

That's a fantastic offer mate, I'm about to ring them and may quote what you have been offered.
Spent an hour waiting and got sick of the wait - will ring again when I have more time.

Well did a speed test and still on 100mb and phone line still connected ????????

Wonder if the nice woman I was talking to from Scotland has just reduced my bill and left me with the same connection I had in the first place?

I hope so mate, possibly too much work to change it.

Hope so m8 that would be a result

@willin

Cheeky feckers sent me my new contract and it states my new monthly bill will £28 a month.
The retention staff member lied to me and stated that I would be paying £21 a month instead of the full package price of £49 a month. He has just took £21 of the full package price😡.
So I called this morning and cancelled under the 14 day cooling off period and will just stick with the original deal my wife sighed up for.
I have learnt my lesson and will not phone up and negotiate a deal again with the devious barstewards.

I phoned up to complain about this and a staff member told me that some retention staff are offering deals that they can not fulfil.
So be careful and keep this in mind.

Last edited:
A lot of the retention teams are working from home so when I put my cancellation in they called me a day later and offered me a deal but I wanted more and held out. No one called so I called back a week before it was due to go off. The people in the call center could not match what the guy who called me who was working from home had offered. They told me they had a way to get the rententions team who were working from home to call me. They did and I took the first deal that they have offered me.

I was paying 70 a month for 350 BB Phone and TV M package

I knew it was way too much but could never be bothered calling in, anyway after reading this thread called this morning and now same package for 49 pounds a month

A lot of the retention teams are working from home so when I put my cancellation in they called me a day later and offered me a deal but I wanted more and held out. No one called so I called back a week before it was due to go off. The people in the call center could not match what the guy who called me who was working from home had offered. They told me they had a way to get the rententions team who were working from home to call me. They did and I took the first deal that they have offered me.

The guy I spoke to from the retention team was definitely calling from a Call Center as I could hear all the noise in the background and
didn’t have British accent. So may have been a CallCenter abroad.

im currently on 350, tv and landline for £75 and they said due to mates rates they cant discount it. had a letter saying oh we found you a good offer and its £110 :rolleyes:

The guy I spoke to from the retention team was definitely calling from a Call Center as I could hear all the noise in the background and
didn’t have British accent. So may have been a CallCenter abroad.

A lot of the time you are now contacting British call centres but getting people at home so the extra accents are those of the same family

im currently on 350, tv and landline for £75 and they said due to mates rates they cant discount it. had a letter saying oh we found you a good offer and its £110 :rolleyes:

They offered me 300mb for £36.00 per month but i did not need the internet to be that fast. I was happy with 200mb.

M350 Fibre Broadband Player TV (M) and Talk Weekends Your new monthly bundle cost is: £47.99

Back