Virmin Media

I have 100 meg, basic tv , anytime phone calls, all for £35, i have a monthly £15 discount so should be paying £50 per month .

M350 Fibre Broadband Player TV (M) and Talk Weekends Your new monthly bundle cost is: £47.99

They have just phoned me to see if I want to just change the name on the account, instead of starting a new sub but it would be £25 a month and no £75 voucher🤔
I declined his offer. 🤑

I cancelled mine 2 weeks ago 350mb, line rental and weekend calls ( never use landline ) £47.99 going u to £56 in 8 weeks. Waiting game to see if they call back once I get closer to disconnection. failing that will go with Zen.

They have rung again and offered me 100meg with phone and weekend calls for £21 a month on a 18 month contract. I accepted his offer🤑

Cheeky feckers sent me my new contract and it states my new monthly bill will £28 a month.
The retention staff member lied to me and stated that I would be paying £21 a month instead of the full package price of £49 a month. He has just took £21 of the full package price😡.
So I called this morning and cancelled under the 14 day cooling off period and will just stick with the original deal my wife sighed up for.
I have learnt my lesson and will not phone up and negotiate a deal again with the devious barstewards.

Last edited:
I thought you had to not have an account for 90 days at your address before you became a "new" customer?

No to sure but all I know is that when my contract ends my wife’s new contract starts the day after. Well hopefully 🤞🏻

I thought you had to not have an account for 90 days at your address before you became a "new" customer?

Nah mate, did the same myself 6 months ago.
My package was going up to £59, cancelled and signed up in the wife's name, now it's £29.

Awaiting for all the crap posts of bb speed issues lol

Awaiting for all the crap posts of bb speed issues lol

never had any issues with BB speeds, the SH wifi is poor, I turned mine into modem only mode and got a AC wifi router which gives me 200 mb/sec speeds over wifi

Was paying £51 100md and landline( witch i never use) phoned them and now getting 50mb no landline no contract for £25

Quiet happy with that will just take longer to download my backup games and still use their free virgin newsgroup :)

Never had a problem with speed on VM just the BB would just keep cutting out. The way I see it some areas (prob very few) have a real problem others dont

Was paying £51 100md and landline( witch i never use) phoned them and now getting 50mb no landline no contract for £25

Quiet happy with that will just take longer to download my backup games and still use their free virgin newsgroup :)

I didn't know they still had a 50Mb package. Is that a typo for 150Mb?

Back