ISP Cityfibre Vodafone

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have Fibre internet with Cityfibre - Vodafone?

I am asking as I have recently got internet with them and it works pretty well but I am not getting the advertised speed. the cheeky gits only guarantee half the advertised speed which is still great but annoying. Anyway the router they provide is a bit naff so I want to use my own. They do not officially support using 3rd party routers although they do provide the Vlan id and user name and password required. I have been searching and thee is not much out there on how to set this up but there are people claiming to have successfully done it and claim it has helped with speed issues. It should be simple by setting the Vlan id to 911 and entering the user name and password but for some reason it will not work for me! The router does not have a modem only mode and I don't fancy setting it on DMZ and having to power 2 routers up. this will also not help with my speed issues.

Has anyone had any experience in setting a netgear (rax10) router up with Cityfibre, or have any ideas please?

Don't let this thread turn you off city fibre, even with not getting the advertised speed and the crappy router it is still cheaper and better than Virmin!

Thanks

All sorted now, Vodafone had given me the username with an extra - in it for some reason and told me the wrong vlan Id. All sorted now, would recommend them but took 3 attempts before I got the correct I for out of them. Should not need to speak with them now though.

Back