Virmin Media

It really is crazy, all this haggling, they must have lots of customers who leave it at full whack.

I was offered a 12 month contact it came through at 18 month, last one was £34 it came through at £39, this seems to be a regular thing with them, maybe they think people will not notice.

That is exactly why they do it, and because it must work and a lot of people must carry on paying the increased amount. Which allows them to offer the rest of us good deals. So thanks all those who do nothing about it.

I think there are lot’s of people who can’t be bothered to go through the process of moving suppliers of lots of service’s eg gas, electric,
insurances, mortgages, saving ect ect.
It just needs a little effort and you can save yourself imo.

There could be many reasons for same surname same address new contract, divorce or separation and the original account holder moving out.

Well done and dusted with 18 hour change over. They did call with about 10 days to go to speak to me but I was at work and wife told them to call back but they didn't. Net result is we've gone from 350Mbs with line and weekend calls for £61pm ( £53.50 with their every so generous discount) never used phone, to 200Mbs BB only for £30pm. 200Mbs is plenty for us and its £23.50 a month in our pockets for next 18 months barring price increase which we will deal with in time. Irony is for the 18 hours down time we managed fine with our phones and hot spotting laptops and TV.
In 18 months we will do the same again but hopefully we might have a viable alternative cable provider by then.

For me it was worth the hassle as we only had the one day without internet.

Signed up to VM over 4 weeks ago, bb only £25 per month with cashback (£50 I think) still no sign of an engineer, had two install dates cancelled. Very poor so far, luckily have not cancelled bt yet, the wait goes on.

Apparently they need 6-8 weeks to carry out some external work whatever that means, although I have a long drive which might explain things, they have over 30ft of cable to lay across a drive, no grass verge, just tarmac.

Go on their forum and tell them, they will shite themselves.
I hope that your recording includes the first part "hi my name is XXXX, how can I help you today"?
I can imagine they will be the one with brown trousers LOL

Got a postcard letter type thing from Virgin yesterday .

It said congratulations you are in the top 10% of downloaders have a look at virgin best bits to see your usage. Best bits usage url did not work lol.

What are they up to is this some sort of back handed warning? Do they think we purchase their very fast expensive internet packages to browse with :D

Anyway i checked my usage for last month with bandwidth monitor id downloaded 173gb i dont see that as high and a lot of it would of been streaming i assume, files wise i would not have downloaded that.

Had that recently as well. Had the sane years gone by and it is usually followed up by a notification.of price increase..

M200 plus home phone, home phone not even connected no phone lol..never use landlines all for £27 a month 18 month contract

M200 plus home phone, home phone not even connected no phone lol..never use landlines all for £27 a month 18 month contract

Mines £34 i just can not be bothered swapping it from mine to wife's name etc. Last time i did i was offline 8 days they knew what they were doing.

Just had a letter of these thieving fooker!!

I currently pay £36.50 for 100Mb and a landline (not connected/never used).

So i presumed it would go up to £40 month.

I have just logged in to my account and it sems i have another discount ending at the same time as the Price increase -17 Mrach 2021.

With both of these factors my bill will jump from £36.50 to £51.50!!!! :mad:

An increase of £15 a month!!!

How do i handle this guys, i don't mind switching contracts/changing names (i am the sole occupier though), but there is NO way i am paying that for just 100Mb broadband (i get 30Mb max on wifi) and an unused landline!!

** I also do not want to lose internet as it's essential to work from home **

Any advice?

CheersVirgin Price.JPG

Tell them to lose the phone and go broadband only because you can't afford it, also look for a compatible offer to get them to price match.if not then you may have to move companies.
30 meg wifi is crap , point that out to them , i get 109 megs off m100 fibre.

I'm on BT and pay £28 for internet/landine (don't use landline also) ang get 70mb
plus got £125 + £80 cash back via Quidco,
was due to go up back in December to £35 gave them a call to leave but they offered me the same deal (£28 for internet/landine) which I took

100 meg Broadband is currently been offered at £26.99 for new customers.

Tell em you want some loyalty applied to your account. What's BT charging for 74mb if it is lower than your £51.50 tell them youll go there before pay them their inflated prices.

First thing is to be very polite to them and be aware that if you use live chat they can see what you are typing before you send it. Just for reference, i pay £38.00 for 200mb including phone and weekend calls + tv with hd and extra documentaries bolted on. There is a deal to be had. Just tell them you want to leave and give your notice. They will offer you a deal it may be the same one you are on now but you can hold out for more. If you don't like it, give your notice and await the call from them. I only got one call last time which gave me the offer as i mentioned above and i did not accept. They never rang me back so i called them and have to get a retentions team member to call me. You can rescind you notice at any time up until you leave.

Cheers guys, still not got around to sort this, i'm not overly concerned about speed tbh ( i have not even fitted the latest router from them and have existing one in modem mode with a Linksys wireless).

So it looks like my contract is up on the 18th March (not confirmed it yet).

So i basically state i can not afford it and have to cancel, i have been with them since i have had net tbh, over 10 years easily ( i will ask).

If they accept my cancellation, i presume it's a waiting game then or i may get put through to retentions?
Also if they do accept/agree with my cancellation does that mean i will lose my connection on the 18th March?

As i first stated i can not go without net due to work etc and tbh in all my years i can never recall losing signal/network down.

Thanks guys.

You could get a sim card from another network and put it in a wifi dongle , i used 3 network which was fine. Still got the dongle and its open to any network, see whats best for your area and you can borrow my dongle (ooo err missus) , just find who else gives you a good signal. @bilabonic

Back