Virgin media bargaining.

I phoned and got

phone and 4mbit for £18 a month for life and im pretty happy with that as I got full TV package anyway ::wink:wink::

I Phoned just the cancel my broadband as I have moved out of the familly home. Really, no one else in the house uses broadband and there is no computer there since I have moved.

BUT. When I asked to cancel they offered me Broadband for £1.50 per month. It was so cheap I couldn't resist saying yes. Will be alright for when I go back and visit.

Someone just rang me up and asked if I wanted the land line for 2 pound a month for life :)

but I have no use for a land line oh well!

im paying £35 per month for phone evening and weekends tv xl and 4mb broadband. i just tried to get 20mb bb saying that i know a few people that have it for the price i pay and he said no way theres no way anyone has that. he said if they have i have no idea how they got it.

The guy just said all's I have to do is sign up for another 12 months.

Also, he said the line was on an old suomething or other and said he would boost it up to a 2Mb connection.

Hi

I dont know how you guys are managing this. I`ve been a customer for last 5 odd years I rang VM disconnections dept and I was told that NTL stuffed them with some of the deals they agreed to just before takeover and they cant give me a better deal and straight away gave me a disconnections date didnt even try to talk me out of it said keep box ready will collect on this date thought they were bluffing and they will call back but as yet they havent. disconnection is next week. I`m on basic tv 2meg bb and phone line for £47. Will have to wait and see what happens.

Well to upadate got a bit worried that they are going to disconnect me so rang them yesterday to ask when they were going to disconnect and collect box as I had forgotton the date in the hope that they would try and talk me out of it and offer me a better deal. They didnt even try just confirmed date and said we`l be round in the morning and collect box so I dont know how you guys are managing it. To add to it went in town in the afternoon and theres a guy there offering 3 for £20 took his phone no and when they have cancelled me give him a ring to see if he can reconnect me as a new customer.

My bill

Well after paying by direct debit, and further reducing my vm monthly spending, all the stuff i get in the first post for the pricely sum of....

£2.05p

Yep the 2 quid and 5 pence!! (for life)

Just to let everyone know.

When you speak to retentions/cancellations or whatever they are called.
Stand firm, refuse their offer and they will then arrange disconnection, thinking they've called your bluff.

Simply wait approx 1 week (you've got 4 weeks before they pull the plug) and you'll get a courtesy call to ask you a few "questions" about why you left Virgin.

Just say offer was not good enough and hey presto they'll give you a fantastic deal.

I thought I was getting a good deal before but how's about this then:
20MB broadband
talk unlimited inc. line rental
Mobile and international saver
Free TV

All for a super dooper £14.99 month for 12 months.

This has worked for me and a couple of my mate's so give it a go it seems this "other"
disconnection/retention team has a lot more budget to play with ! ;-)

Hope your right with the above. They messed my bill up again and i phoned to cancel 20 mins wait.

Said i could move to TalkTalk as i could get 8mb d/l and phone and umlimited calls.

All they offered was 2mb and phone and unlimited calls for £20

No free tv, no upgraded speed.

They kept spouting on about i would not get 8mb continously and shared bandwidth etc.

so there 2mb was a better product.

They also said their services were better. I differed saying 20 mins to cancel. Sounds like your services aren't that good anymore.

They will turn me off in 30 days

For £19.95 I got:

Line rental
Talk unlimited
talk international
talk mobile
Free tv
2MB Broadband

Happy with that, because I get the FULL free TV from the line and was previously paying over £50 per month. Don't really want to take it lower, because at the end of the day, we have to keep the money rolling in there to keep the free TV going.

For £19.95 I got:

Line rental
Talk unlimited
talk international
talk mobile
Free tv
2MB Broadband

Happy with that, because I get the FULL free TV from the line and was previously paying over £50 per month. Don't really want to take it lower, because at the end of the day, we have to keep the money rolling in there to keep the free TV going.

Have a look in the modems section m8
You'll be able to get 10 meg or even 20meg BB if you've had the update in your area.
Now that will be a bargain ;)

Cur1y

just thought i would have a go first time women was putting me through to diconnect so i hung up then tryed again just now got

tv XL
phone L
broadband 2mb £24.00 for six months and was told to ring back then and see if they could do anything then so im happy now thanks all

Like some other ppl here, I too have been with TW/VM since they first came into the area years ago.

Having read the posts here (and in other similar forums) and feeling as if I was being ripped off by VM, I recently rung them up and asked about getting my bill reduced. To cut a long story short, it turns out that all of these deals are only available to either new customers of customers that have been with them for over 12 months and have not been enticed to stay with with a previous offer.

In my case I got a so called 'free' wireless router some months ago and it appears as if I sealed my fate with them for the next 12 months. This being the case I was informed that I was not ellegiable for any other perks until the end of the year!

I just wonder if this is true for others or if this was a case of the dreaded 'call centre guy who could not give a monkey's ass about the customer' employee syndrome?

Where it not for the fact that it cost a fair bundle to install a new telephone line and of the poor bandwidth rates when you are this far from an exchange, I would there and then cancelled my subscription.

they tried that with me with the contract crap with the free wireless router but I basically tol em they can F..k off lol as I stated I was never informed when i was offered the router that I was entering into a new contract, however though I was getting peeved at the time as I gave it a go to see if I could get a bit of bargaining in and they just gave me a termination date for my services nothing more lol. So they lost out i just went from paying em around £50 a month to the 2 for 20 as i can get all the tv and net for free anyway, so as far as I am concerned I can still get most of my stuff at a bargain price anyway lol.

just phoned them again , as i seem to see everyone else getting 10 meg etc for less than im paying for 2 which isnt being upped to 4 , ( told lies last time ) . was told under no circumstance was anyone paying under 27 quid for 10 meg as the price for it is 37 quid a month , right pompous prat , account was originally in the wifes name so he says , ill need to speak to the account holder to cancel , when will she be available , "bs""bs"

Well after paying by direct debit, and further reducing my vm monthly spending, all the stuff i get in the first post for the pricely sum of....

£2.05p

Yep the 2 quid and 5 pence!! (for life)

find that hard to believe m8 , i must be getting stoney faced bastards

update

20meg , talk unlimited, basic tv,

25.50 a month .

need to redo it in 6 month as a £10 credit expires at that point , got another £22 credit runs till 19th april 2008 ,

that wee shit was hard work , i'll tell ye :grab:

Last edited:
as an installer for virgin be careful, they are starting to know the tricks that people use to get better deals and even with one client told them to go to sky and not bother coming back, did make me laugh, just remeber that if you do leave virgin for sky or bt that they will charge you up to 120 quid to check line and install anyything needed to make bb work. and yes virgin sales and customer service are rude and arrogant, think yourself lucky that you dont have to deal with them everyday like i do, and they talk to me like crap too, even being one of them

still, better the devil you know i suppose

got any tech probs with you virgin product,ill be happyy to help as much as i can

vm update

Hi

Well from my previous posts I was told I was going to get disconnected and was given a date. So I thought vm would ring me and try to talk me out of it and give a better deal, well they didnt do ANYTHING they disconnected on the day they said and also collected the box and the modem promptly, what gives they didnt do this before and I`d been with them foe over 3 years and yet..........didnt give me a better deal. No net at present having to use someone elses.

I have known about the cable modem hacks since they first become public but I have so far refused to use them on point of principle, but if this is the way that VM award long standing customers for they loyalty, I am now seriously thinking of 'going for it'.

I was actually told that I had to wait until the twelve months where up since I had the router, before they could look even look at giving me a 'deal', and this after nearly 6-7 years with them. To say that I am mightily pissed with them is an understatement in the extreme!

Can somebody please pm me any decent places I can get one of these 'liberated' SB4100 CM from and what prices are they going for? Also can I safely replace my existing kosher CM with the hacked one without VM being able to detect the switch? I still need a few more posts before I can get hold of the relevant tutorial and files(if any) so any advise gratefully accepted at this stage.

Back