Virgin media bargaining.

currently on 2 for £20 (2meg BB and weekend phone calls) just got a call from Virgin Media offering me 3 for £30
2 meg BB
talk unlimited phone
Tv L-XL (cant remember what one) lol upstairs in kids room
free instalation
not as good as u guys but they rang me and made me the offer :) well chuffed

i got the 3 for 30...2meg bb , phoneline with unlimited landline calls 24hour and sim card with 300 mins anytime any network and 300 texts, i'm well satisfied with that. Best thing with the mobile sim is if you don't use all your texts or mins they add them on the following month for 1 month, so you can end up with a maximum of 600 of each!

currently on 2 for £20 (2meg BB and weekend phone calls) just got a call from Virgin Media offering me 3 for £30
2 meg BB
talk unlimited phone
Tv L-XL (cant remember what one) lol upstairs in kids room
free instalation
not as good as u guys but they rang me and made me the offer :) well chuffed

Rat, defo try and get xl tv, as from tomorrow free setanta as well as all the muisc free on demand, the music is brilliant

Just for info

I have the whole vip package apart from only having 4 meg rather than top speed all for the price of £55pm, this deal is now getting better due to the setanta upgrade as well as all the v+ stuff

I have now binned my 500c: shocked2

Well we do have to pay them something after all:Laugh:

I got

4Mb BB
Free TV
Unlimited Calls
Call Display
International Option
Mobile Option

For 27.95 a month for life, pretty happy with that.

Will go back for another go in a few months time.

I have now binned my 500c: shocked2

You binned it?

Any chance you can get it out?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got

4Mb BB
Free TV
Unlimited Calls
Call Display
International Option
Mobile Option

For 27.95 a month for life, pretty happy with that.

Will go back for another go in a few months time.

You binned it?

Any chance you can get it out?

LOL, when i say binned it i meant royal mail took it away:Laugh:

tried to get the 300 mins/texts but they told me that it had gone down now to 100min/text. going over to 3 £15 250min/50text. they also told me they dont do caller display anymore.
told him to activate voicemail and withold my number told me it was done and it would take 24 hours to do that was a week ago still not done. have to get back on to them in the morning!

yo devil, thats a cracking deal.

I thought my deal was good. I am on XtraLarge TV (125+channels)/Phone (free 24/7) and Broadband (20megs) for only £37 for life, no min 12month contract.

Damn, I should of bargained more than I did.

We connected about 2 weeks ago. We got

Medium Broadband
XL phone

For £20 a month for the first year.

isnt it 150 and choose disconections ?

I was paying £41.50 for 4MB broadband, weekend calls and most basic TV.
Now got free evening and weekend calls, XL TV including setanta and 20MB broadband for 50p less.
When i went through to terminations, i said i could save myself £300 per year with sky and get more for my money. I remained pleasant and chatty but very unemotional about it.

(P.S, could someone pm me their advice for software to maximize internet connection)

cheers

3 for £35... but all of them upgraded.

Hey folks...

I tried the "I'm trying to consolidate my bills" trick and here's what I managed to wrangle off them:

Virgin TV - XL pack
Virgin BB - L pack (4mb currently, to be upgraded to 10mb)
Virgin Phone - L pack

The normal 3 for £35 offer was :
Virgin TV - L pack
Virgin BB - M pack (2mb)
Virgin Phone - M pack

I was already paying about £35 for just the 2mb bb and BT line + calls. So, I suppose from my perspective, I got a fairly good deal (TV XL pack free + BB upgrad + Phone eve/wknd free).

Laters,
ankurpande

Not Bad Mate

I was paying £41.50 for 4MB broadband, weekend calls and most basic TV.
Now got free evening and weekend calls, XL TV including setanta and 20MB broadband for 50p less.
When i went through to terminations, i said i could save myself £300 per year with sky and get more for my money. I remained pleasant and chatty but very unemotional about it.

(P.S, could someone pm me their advice for software to maximize internet connection)

cheers

Should of tried a little more, I managed to get XL TV, XL BB and XL Phone for £37
Anyways, I will be trying the advice here http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=128491 this weekend
Perhaps you can give it a go also, read the whole thread though

Nice thinking, phoning first thing monday to see, if I can get mines reduced further

there idiots NOW... i rang last week to get my 3 monthly half price thing for 4mb ...£25 on its own. £12/50 with their 3month deal. i rang and she said she cant offer that again

i said ill disconnect and she goes ok, ill start the procedure then i bottled it as she was really about to cancel me and i put the phone down. she goes no mroe 3 monthly things... she goes she can put me on the 2mb service for £17.99 but nothing less

kool mate. but one of my friend had a same pakage in £9.99. it's all depends upon oprator. that's mine opnion. and this offer only for new customers only.

I am currently on the 3 for £30 deal.
This includes : 2Mb BB
Phone line rental (have to pay for calls)
the Basic Tv Package.

I am happy with the BB package but want the XL tv package because I want to make use of the On demand service.

Does anyone think i have a chance of getting what I want before I go ahead and wait teh 20 mins in a queue ?

get in there m8 you got nothing to loose just tell them you want to cancel

are they defo going to up the 4mb to 10mb i cant find out any thing about this.

Just thinking back my lowly 2Mb line was only 128kb when I signed up LOL

Back