Virgin media bargaining.

upgraded to a new package.

Lets see if anyone can beat this offer!

I have:

24 Unlimited
Telephone Line
TV Large Package
20mb BroadBand

All for £27.00 per month! (for the next 12 months!)

Agreed to it straight away - there was no way I'd be rejecting that kind of an offer. Got the BroadBand modem as my BB used to come through the set top box - installed it and off I went with speeds like I'd never imagined.

: asshole: asshole: asshole: asshole

jesus i pay £35 per month for telephone local, tv large,4 meg bb,i have v+ too which makes the total package £45 per month i may make a call.

upgraded to a new package.

Lets see if anyone can beat this offer!

I have:

24 Unlimited
Telephone Line
TV Large Package
20mb BroadBand

All for £27.00 per month! (for the next 12 months!)

Agreed to it straight away - there was no way I'd be rejecting that kind of an offer. Got the BroadBand modem as my BB used to come through the set top box - installed it and off I went with speeds like I'd never imagined.

: asshole: asshole: asshole: asshole

I found it and merged it for u m8
u got a cracking deal there m8y

well me im really peed off with virgin,telewest,ntl whoever they are these days
ive been a customer with them since they only had dial up ,years
never once missed a bill payment

every one i know gets these deals me i have phoned 6 times and every time i get some lame excuse that either there no offfers or they shouldnt have offer my mate niebour or whoever that deal everytime its come to the part where i say transfer me to disconections

and the smart biatches reply with well if you want disconnecting i can do it now !

my next door neibour phoned yesterday and got 4 mb ,xl tv ,and phone for £30 a month
my wife phoned within minutes and gave them my niebours name address and account number the reply was well she shouldnt have got that deal that was last months offer

i have 10 meg bb ,large tv ,phone and my bill always tops £70 a month
the house phone might get 6 quuids worth of calls on it a month

really p**s me of there customer services
if it wasent for the fact that i have a dreambox
ide tell them to shove it were the sun dont shine

Last edited:
goto the rentention department ....i think thats wot it is called m8..
i had no trob with em at all ...threatened em with the talk talk deal and leaving cos they capping the broadband and they gave us this with no prompting...

Large TV ..even though i dont use it so gave it to her mum :D
line rental with anytime calls
20 mb broadband
itemised billing
still paying with cash/card thing

all for £34 a month

so it could be a little bit cheaper too...

p.s think they give different offers to people cos they checked the connection speed that i would get from bt/talk talk from the exchange..but never told me wot speed i would get just after he checked he offered me this deal..

so how far you live from a exchange might be a factor i dont know m8?

Last edited:
@ hollow, hi m8 i know exacly how u feel. but heres sommit that might help u, ring this number 0800 0730591 virgin customer relations and just say you want to disconnect dont ask for any offers or deals let them ask why u want to disconnect and just tell them you,ve just fallen out of work and cant afford it so your going over to talktalk as they offer broadband and talk unlimited for £21.99 i did it yesterday and got 4meg broadband, talk unlimited, digital tv for £20. it all depends who you get to speak to on the day. make sure when u ring u sound possitive. to be truthfull had they not offered me something worth while i would have disconnected. if talktalk can do it that cheap so can they. the greedy tw*ts. jon

yep - as jon2005 says, if you ask once and the deal isn't good - ring again (I rang up twice and the second time around i agreed to a completely different package).

I tend to ring around 4.30ish and I always get a result!

@Rat - thanks for the post move! :)

Hi

I dont know how you guys are managing this. I`ve been a customer for last 5 odd years I rang VM disconnections dept and I was told that NTL stuffed them with some of the deals they agreed to just before takeover and they cant give me a better deal and straight away gave me a disconnections date didnt even try to talk me out of it said keep box ready will collect on this date thought they were bluffing and they will call back but as yet they havent. disconnection is next week. I`m on basic tv 2meg bb and phone line for £47. Will have to wait and see what happens.

Hi

I dont know how you guys are managing this. I`ve been a customer for last 5 odd years I rang VM disconnections dept and I was told that NTL stuffed them with some of the deals they agreed to just before takeover and they cant give me a better deal and straight away gave me a disconnections date didnt even try to talk me out of it said keep box ready will collect on this date thought they were bluffing and they will call back but as yet they havent. disconnection is next week. I`m on basic tv 2meg bb and phone line for £47. Will have to wait and see what happens.
depends on the person you spoke to m8
£47 for that fook your being ripped
i get med tv ( lol )2meg bb ( lol ) and phone for £26
did you tell them you were moving to sly ??
if not try this
phone them and ask when they are coming as you forgot and you need the date to organize for sly to come on the same day
hope this helps

depends on the person you spoke to m8
£47 for that fook your being ripped
i get med tv ( lol )2meg bb ( lol ) and phone for £26
did you tell them you were moving to sly ??
if not try this
phone them and ask when they are coming as you forgot and you need the date to organize for sly to come on the same day
hope this helps

Hi

Cheers for that I`l try that out and see if I get a better deal as I dont really want them to disconnect.

people remember that each time you phone them up they leave a message on the system about what actions or what issue it is, so sometimes the customer service rep does look at the notes on the system and looks at your record then they get a good idea of the whole situation. It is also about how nice the rep is feeling .. so word of advice Be Nice !!

I get £8 off BB and TP so thats £29 a month so Im going to get on the phone 1st thing and see what I can get, after reading this thread :)

Thank you guys

just phoned myself and explained i wasnt happy paying £37 for broadband and got 10mb at £19.99 for life and free tv xl telephone etc for an extra £5 well happy! and due to my broadband paying up for the last 2 week a discount on the next bill as well what a lovely lady i spoke 2

i got a 10 meg connection which is being upgraded to 20 meg soon and a phone line £15 per month

I work for VM at Gateshead in Team Valley

And i can tell you all that you may not be so lucky in getting this offer now. Alot of people are just ringing up and threatening to cancel. Our credit spend has topped almost £250,000 for may alone.

Mr Branson emailed us all to use our instincts, and read the notes. He doesnt believe in buying customers by throwing money at them.

Good luck though, I tried myself before I worked there.

I know some people who are currently getting xltv, bbi 10mb and phone for £37.

OK

20 meg BB
XL tv
Phone (normal package)
£31 per month

Ex telewest area
The bill looks a right mess - full prices here, discounts there, hilarious!

thought i got a great deal in march when I haggled tv xl 4mb bb and evening/weekend calls for 35 quid. slapped a 300 min sim on for an extra tenner..

From what I have read elsewhere - new sim customers only get 100 mins + 100 texts.

I have: Med-TV / 10MB BB (wow!)/ Phone line, TalkUnlimited, TalkInternational for £26 per month. RESULT

VM even more savings !!!

Just to let everyone know.

When you speak to retentions/cancellations or whatever they are called.
Stand firm, refuse their offer and they will then arrange disconnection, thinking they've called your bluff.

Simply wait approx 1 week (you've got 4 weeks before they pull the plug) and you'll get a courtesy call to ask you a few "questions" about why you left Virgin.

Just say offer was not good enough and hey presto they'll give you a fantastic deal.

I thought I was getting a good deal before but how's about this then:
20MB broadband
talk unlimited inc. line rental
Mobile and international saver
Free TV

All for a super dooper £14.99 month for 12 months.

This has worked for me and a couple of my mate's so give it a go it seems this "other"
disconnection/retention team has a lot more budget to play with ! ;-)

Back