Virgin media bargaining.

i told them i was leaving them and they didnt care

i got
free tv
free weekend calls
and 2 internet speed
for 20 a month

they said if i want 4 internet speed i need to pay a extra tenner a month

same here mate..............if you want to leave then leave was the answer........richard fooking branston pickles is going to milk us all for everything he can get from now on..........soon well have to answer him with our feet and leave and just scam

Can't remember if i have posted this here before, but.

When I moved out of my parents home in june, I phoned to cancel the internet only.

I told the guy I didn't need it and he still said hangon, I'll see what I can do.

Gets back on and says he can give me the internet for £1.50 or 60 (can't quite remember) a month if the folks signed for another 12 months. Also, not sure if that is for life or for 12 months !!

I just said yes there and then - got a niffy internet connection there from I visit...

was paying 79 quid a month got them to cut me off a month notice was given,they never phoned me to offer me a deal the day after i got cut off i phoned them up saying my son misses the internet they offered me 20 meg,talk unlimited,free tv,talk mobile,talk international for 39 pounds a month for life

so I take it Virgin have cottoned on to people saying they are going to leave, so to get a better deal. They just rang me up today saying theycould offer me this and that package but when it came down to it, he wasn't offering anything better than what new customers are getting and in fact new customers probably get better deals, the phonecall went on he was trying to offer packages with phone, tv and boradband etc for £30. The fact is I don't need or want the phone, I already have the tv package i want and all i want is to upgrade my broadband but i'm not paying £37 for 20mb! The thing that gets me most is the fact we stayed loyal when they lost Sky's channels and originally that is what we got the box for! Anyway in the end he said he shouldn't be telling us this but if we rang up to cancel Virgin would ring back within 30 days to offer us something new, is there any truth in this?

I've cancelled my broadband and will let you know if they call to make me an offer, I had half price 20mb for 5 months but almost each month I had to phone up about mistakes on my Direct Debit and later I found that although I was supposed to be having 20mb they never upgraded me from 10mb..........lying cheating bast**ds

I got
2Mb Broadband. 2 modems for this dont ask why :|
2 x Free Tv
Free line Rental
Evening and Weekends
£18pm :)

Whatchaaaa

Thats the kinda deal i want....
Some amazing discounts going round now....

kalipo what were your tactics....cant we just ring up and demand the same offer as my m8 has and quote one of the 'deals' in this thread.

Thats the kinda deal i want....
Some amazing discounts going round now....
kalipo what were your tactics....cant we just ring up and demand the same offer as my m8 has and quote one of the 'deals' in this thread.

Ive always found, (just like mobile companies) that if you ask from the retention department or cancellaton department if they have'nt got a retention dept'

Dont go all gung ho and say your cancelling.... Ask them that you simply want a better rate, and "can they please do anything to help you?" Play with their heart strings....usually you will get a better deal (if the deals are one their computer to give) than your already on, because those dept' have more clout in the deals given out. Then try again the following month, as they will probably have a beter deal, until that is your satisfyed :)

hi m8s
i rang up some time ago and got mine down to £34 amonth but with the calls added on i pay a
average of £48 quid.
i have med tv /2meg broadband /and talk unlimited.
but they told me at the same time it would commit me to twelve months .
is this enforceable verbally
please let me know would appreciate it .

I agree with Sonny, you need to be diplomatic somewhat and be nice! People respond to nice people.

What I recommend for anyone who gets a new deal and they like it is to get the person's name and also get them to record the deal on the notes so there is proof.

Back in July, I upgraded to digital and worked out an offer, Talk 24/7, Large TV and XL Broadband for £37 a month for life, no min 12 month contract. But I never got this as my broadband never went up.
When I told them about this, the person didnt write down anything so I had no proof.
I got it adjusted and told price wouldnt go up, but it did by over £20.

So be careful.

Remember that each person in retentions will offer different deals so if you dont get a deal you like ring again later and try again.

But I dont believe you will get anywhere with threats.

funny enough.. I phoned them today.. currently pay £35 for

XL TV
M Broadband
Talk Unlimited

they werent interested, said I am already getting a discount, I shouldnt be.. I was like magic.. do you think Im being greedy ?? for asking more

tell you thier attitude has been changed.. I remember calling retention during that sky carry on.. and they were like no.. we will do this.. we will do that..

now, they are not interested so sour grapes for me.. lol

Last edited:
yep also rang them to day as my half price 20mgXL £18.50) had gone back up to £37.00 month and was told they would not do that any more so only think they would do is knock it down to 4 meg for £25.00.

I said on your bike so he agreed to knock it down for 1 month then thats it.

bugger may have to really tell them to stick it

lol.. I did say that, he said sorry mate.. you are getting the best deal.. I said Im not happy.. he said I was in a 12 month contract anyway I told him to f r o... he said he might be able to cancel the contract then..

but then I backed off, I said , I wasnt happy and that I will write in.. lol.

i get

telephone line
talk unlimited
broadband: m
tv: m
talk international
talk mobile

£20

good deal?

anyone tried adding this to the deal ,

adding the xbox gold live free years membership for new punters ,

can we have some please http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/specialoffers/xboxlive.html

Just wondered if i could cancel my existing b/band package at 4mb for £25 and then take out the xl b/band for £28 inc xbox live gold membership for 12 months. When i tried to upgrade my b/band the price for xl b/band was £37 so was wondering if they would let you cancel and then reset it up on xl b/band. Wot do you reckon are my chances????.

Rang them and spoke to sam for an hour i was getting talk 24 all day.L Broadband and xl tv for £34.95 i explained i wanted the xl b/band package for £28 with xbox live she said they cant do it and that my bill was going up by £8 for a discount that had now expired even though i was told last year that the £34.95 price was for life so that from next month it would be £42.95 in stead of £34.95. So i rang to upgrade but didnt get it and found out im getting charged an extra £8 from next month for the same bloody package im already on so i cancelled my whole package immediately and now will be disconnected from 17th Feb 08. I was polite and courteous at all times but this just goes to prove be careful when you ring them because you dont always get what you want. In a way im glad i still rang them rather than getting next months bill through my door with an extra £8 added to it .

ring them back mate, it really does depend on who you speak to.

Back