Virgin media bargaining.

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps, i know its been said before, its worked for some and not for others but persistance pays off.
I just bargained with them today and i got the following:
Line rental
Talk unlimited
talk international
talk mobile
Free tv
2MB Broadband

all for 14 quid a month by cash and 11 quid a month if pay by direct debit, for life. So i urge you all, get on the phone to them! then again i think you are already lol cos it took me 20mins to get thru to the disconnection line. i used to pay 48quid a month for just talk unlimited and 4mb broadband. But might as well get the 2mb cos dont need 4mb(*wink*wink*)

I am with Virgin (Phone and Broadband), since they took over NTL at least... Being thinking of phoning them for a while. Did you tell them you had found a better deal, and wanted to cancel...

If so, what offer and which provider did you use to haggle?

i'm paying £19.95 for that package after bargaining with TW, and i thought i got a good deal !

Well i just told them that i wanted to leave because altho their service is good their price is outrageous. i was paying nearly 50quid a month before for just 2mb broadband and phone. i said most other companies are much cheaper and i just wanna save money. the guy didnt even hesitate he just offered me that cheaper deal. i thought about it for a while and asked him is it for 3 months cos i dont like that 3 month cr*p lol he said nah its for life. he then transferred me to the sales team to order my box and i got a moody woman who charged me 25 quid to send over the tv box :(

Bargaining

I get 10MB broadband, phone rental+unlimited calls for £14.99 a month have to call every 3 months to renew offer, just say I'm going to Sky as they have Sky 1 at least ;-)

Then they sh#t their pants and keep the offer going !

just tried to get a better deal, currently payin 21 quid for 2meg bb and phoneline, used the sky trick about sky1 and the rest, but got no joy, u guys must have the luck, not me!!!

i did the same rang and told them to disconnect me, they asked why i said that i needed to save money and i was paying £18 over the top. so they offered me talk unlimited, tv, broadband 2mb for £25 for 6 months. so i took up their offer but i,ll be back lol. jon.

ps if you are gonna try this when you ring ask to be put straight through to the disconnection dept. thats where you get most of your offers 99.99% of the time. you dont get it off the normal customer services. ask to be put straight through to disconnections.

I got a virgin contract 3 month back got phone and tv package been paying around £13 for phone and about £5 for TV any chance i can get a better deal or do i have to be with them for atleast 12months before i can mourn

the digibox thingy lol that you get tv thru. Anyway dont use the sky excuse anymore cos i think they know what people are doing lol and sound confident. everytime i rang them bluffing they just said nah they aint got anything to offer me. but i was serious the other day cos i was really going to disconnect and got a really good offer.

same situation as u ronaldo, only had phone for 3 months and the guy said that phones r on a 12 month contract and that if u want to leave earlier you'd have to pay the line rental for the remaining months..

I pay 85quid a month for my service and virginmedia are spot on

going to 20meg as well next month

I threatened to leave last month and they got me to stay by offering me this

FTA cable TV - thats why i am on this forum :p

free 24/7 fone calls on 02 & 01 numbers

20 mbit dsl

33.95 per month for life

Phoned Virgin Media, earlier tonight to see if I could get a better price. Currently paying approximately £40/month (£17.99 for 2MB broadband; £11.00 phone line rental; + £10 for calls).

Told them that I had been checking out better offers on the web and threatened to move to sky and they soon gave me a better product...(did not really want to move anyway; all that hassle with a new phone number, email addresses etc... )

Reduced my monthly bill to £19.95 (half what I was paying) for the same package I already have (now with talk unlimited added: free phone calls), and was told the Broadband, would soon double to 4MB for free. Not quite as good as Devil666x, but I am well pleased.

Go on grab yourself a bargain :grab:

Note it took me 26minutes to get through but well worth it (just left the phone ringing on speaker).

not sure exactly what im paying now but its between £17 to £20
for that im getting 4mb BB
Phone line and FTA tv (loads of channels and access to all the ondemand stuff)

:)

bloooody hell mate u got a bargain i dare u to ring them and tell them u still cant afford that and get it knocked down to a fiver lol anyways what is talk international &
talk mobile???? first time i have heard of them is that free calls to mobile and international but it cant be can it?? its mad if it is..

Bilals

yes i rang them up and now im getting 4mg broadband for 10.00 a month not to bad is it? i have just got a orange contract and they are offering me free broadband (only 2mg) or pay a fiver and get up to 8mg bradband unlimited download, unlimited landline and internatinal calls all for a fiver what u think? you obviously have to have a landline to have this service so im thinking of disconecting my virgin media bb? has anyboady tried orang bb any good should i go for it or stick to virgin?

Bilals

yes i rang them up and now im getting 4mg broadband for 10.00 a month not to bad is it? i have just got a orange contract and they are offering me free broadband (only 2mg) or pay a fiver and get up to 8mg bradband unlimited download, unlimited landline and internatinal calls all for a fiver what u think? you obviously have to have a landline to have this service so im thinking of disconecting my virgin media bb? has anyboady tried orang bb any good should i go for it or stick to virgin?

Bilals

Orange Broadband is a nightmare m8, stay away. Their service and virgin media service are worlds apart

Back