The official model number of Technomate's Linux HD: TM-800 HD & optional WiFi!

The spiderbox can not act as a host, only as a client. In my eyes, after a while, it becomes a doorstop. For £150, I would want at least 15 months of the "free gift", not 12

It is basically one payserver receiver. Im not condoning the use of them, but there are those available at about £15 a month, and if they go down, you move to another one, and your receiver still has a good market value.

One of the big reasons, why you shouldnt go for a pay server, is because your IP is logged. Your IP is logged on private servers any way, but with payservers, the ISP and the police have more of a "pool"

Last edited:
The spiderbox can not act as a host, only as a client. In my eyes, after a while, it becomes a doorstop. For £150, I would want at least 15 months of the "free gift", not 12

It is basically one payserver receiver. Im not condoning the use of them, but there are those available at about £15 a month, and if they go down, you move to another one, and your receiver still has a good market value.

One of the big reasons, why you shouldnt go for a pay server, is because your IP is logged. Your IP is logged on private servers any way, but with payservers, the ISP and the police have more of a "pool"

You have some valid points but i think at £149.99 they are going to sell a lot of these boxes as they are easier to set-up for novice satellite users and even after the gift runs out you can still use other clients!.

And there is a lot of support for these boxes at the moment.

As for security i use a 3g dongle with a 3g router on payg works great.

waqasahmed is correct that with a public server, there is a greater risk. Also, as I mentioned before, non-linux receivers are not supported by the CCcam team. Anyway, this thread is not about talking about other receivers except the TM-800 so please keep this on subject.

Furthermore, I know for a fact that there will be only one HD model, the TM-800 HD. There is no such thing as the TM-600 HD or TM-500 HD for that matter. I'm afraid that your dealer is mistaken.

UR_team

Last edited:
Keep on topic please. This thread is meant to be about release info for the TM-800.

UR_team

You dont get a "free gift" with the TM 800. If you want to know more, have a look see on google about the other receiver.

The TM 800 is basically a quality DM 800 clone with good support behind it

they may have the same hardware specs, but they look nothing alike

Furthermore, I know for a fact that there will be only one HD model, the TM-800 HD. There is no such thing as the TM-600 HD or TM-500 HD for that matter. I'm afraid that your dealer is mistaken.

UR_team

Adding to that, seeing as the TM800HD is single tuner only, how would they make a more budget version, other than no PVR

personally i am looking foward to the digi review on the tm800 (once he has armed himself with his trusty dremell a soldering iron 12 pack of stella bottle of buckfast and some illegal substances) i think it should be a great box tm does have good hardware specs and a good selling price with top support from other users who try and help each other out when they can .
and fairs fair the ur team guys do a great job without them listening to our moans and grumbles and they give us support to our problems whenever they can .
so i think it is fair to try and keep on the subject of the tm800.
ok mumbling over and fingers crossed for the end of the month and who knows maybe some pics soon? (no not of digi and his dremel) but the new shinny tm800hd:proud:

Should I wait another 12 days for this box too arrive or go Spiderbox......

Way Im thinking is the gift is tempory/ rather find a decent c/s server and pay for it or find one inbetween m8s like... and go for a quality 1080p HD/ divx-mkv/internal sata Sat box with linux for 200 quid !

Should I wait another 12 days for this box too arrive or go Spiderbox......

Way Im thinking is the gift is tempory/ rather find a decent c/s server and pay for it or find one inbetween m8s like... and go for a quality 1080p HD/ divx-mkv/internal sata Sat box with linux for 200 quid !

If you google card sharing you wont go far wrong. The word is "sharing" so generally you dont actually pay. Pay servers do work but if you have something to offer in exchange the world or europe is your oyster ;)

i was going to dip my toe a while back but i am still waiting for the tm linux hd as my first linux box.
or should i just get any linux to get used to the set up.:proud:

New date for release is now April 15th.
Info from TM.

Thx Cant wait another month tbh for it to release, spiderbox hd it is ill see how it goes and then if I need more ill sell too a m8 I reckon :)

New date for release is now April 15th.
Info from TM.

yep, i was also told this :( TBH ive given up asking, as this was originally told to me that the release was june 26th last year, and has always been put off by another 3 weeks 10 days before 'release' day

Thx Cant wait another month tbh for it to release, spiderbox hd it is ill see how it goes and then if I need more ill sell too a m8 I reckon :)

and i have been saying this for months and months, people wont wait for ever, theres other receivers out there, and the massive influx of people leaving cable is a potential goldmine for satellite receiver sales

its my birthday in may, if theyre not available by then, ill be buying a duo+ instead

yep, i was also told this :( TBH ive given up asking, as this was originally told to me that the release was june 26th last year, and has always been put off by another 3 weeks 10 days before 'release' day

and i have been saying this for months and months, people wont wait for ever, theres other receivers out there, and the massive influx of people leaving cable is a potential goldmine for satellite receiver sales

its my birthday in may, if theyre not available by then, ill be buying a duo+ instead

I've been asking them ever since I heard on this forum they were planning on realeasing a HD version and every time they keep putting the date forward and promising me the receiver is worth waiting for 100% better than any other linux receiver out there etc.

As a last resort I will wait till April 15th if its not released by then I will look into other alternatives.

from what ive seen and used of the duo+, very stable box.

ill defoo be getting one when i can get a dish up

Back