The official model number of Technomate's Linux HD: TM-800 HD & optional WiFi!

Whilst we dont know the final price of the TM, but if its around the mooted £200 mark, then its better value than the spiderbox tbh.

Mind, I picked up a secondhand azbox, and im quietly impressed with it, so not all of a*sat stuff is naff.

depends what you want to do with your box... but you never know what you might want/need to do with it in the future, and open source can make that alot easier..

Lets say just for getting a simple/easy too use box that does what it says on the box, and putting in a paid server and using a gift ?

So what happens once you've bought your nice new Spiderbox, everything has been up and running for a good few months and one day you turn your receiver on and all you can get is Free-To Air channels. You come on here or other forums and ask the "question", and then find out that the server has been shut down. What happens next? You've got another useless clock underneath your TV that you can do nothing with. At least with a Linux based receiver your options aren't limited if the pay server that you are with goes down. You can always find other people to give your money too. I am against people giving money to pay servers when all it takes is a little time and effort to get people to share between themselves, and I can't abide stupid people who can't/won't see further than there own noses and think stuff like the Spiderbox is a great deal. You pays your money you takes your choice. I for one will be owning a TM800 when it eventually does surface.

P.S. Sorry for the thread hijack

Liam

So what happens once you've bought your nice new Spiderbox, everything has been up and running for a good few months and one day you turn your receiver on and all you can get is Free-To Air channels. You come on here or other forums and ask the "question", and then find out that the server has been shut down. What happens next? You've got another useless clock underneath your TV that you can do nothing with. At least with a Linux based receiver your options aren't limited if the pay server that you are with goes down. You can always find other people to give your money too. I am against people giving money to pay servers when all it takes is a little time and effort to get people to share between themselves, and I can't abide stupid people who can't/won't see further than there own noses and think stuff like the Spiderbox is a great deal. You pays your money you takes your choice. I for one will be owning a TM800 when it eventually does surface.

Liam

Same thing can happen with a TM linux box though? One day your servers dead and you got a clock under your box. Id assume like most folk you may just go elsewhere for the server.... same can be done with the spiderbox cant it or have I got that wrong ?

The only difference I guess is like you say its a better deal to go with TM linux and set it up between yourself and m8s/family etc....

Liam

Eh! wrong. The spiderbox acts as a client same as a dreambox. You can just enter another server in...

Joe.

Eh! wrong. The spiderbox acts as a client same as a dreambox. You can just enter another server in...

Joe.

Glad I was right just wasnt too sure, imagine buying a box over 100 quid and you couldnt cs on it!

Theres alot of als*t bad vibe and I belive people when they say there deals/boxes are no good but at the same time you do get overwhelming good comments about it across different forums too...

Prices of the boxes not too bad you can grab an sd box with ethernet/cs support for about 60-70 quid, spiderbox 5000+gift is 99 quid. HD boxes are around £150+, spiderbox 7000hd is 160 quid with gift......

Sorry about making the mistake that you can't use the Spiderbox once the "gift" has expired. After I posted my rant did some more reading and I was proved wrong.

Regards

Liam

I really want one of these new boxes, getting very impatient waiting for it to be released lol.

Hurry up TM :proud::proud:

Frenchman

Reference to the previous posts: The difference is, the emulators (cccam, etc) which run on an enigma receiver such as the Technomate's, are the real deal. They will work 100% and are completely stable as they are supported by the development teams. Furthermore, they have a lot, lot more features than non-linux receivers and can also act like a media center.

Privates (without going into too much details here) aren't really that expensive, especially when you factor in that they are more stable, or set up your own group.

UR_team

Anyway, I've just seen the TM-800 front panel in real life and have to say it looks really good! Black, glossy, mirror-like and a bit narrower than the TM-500/600- that's all I can say :) Pics to follow maybe by next week (sorry, I've been told by another team member that we can't release any pics yet).

Also, support is going to be really great with a few teams already on board (more news to follow soon).

UR_team

oh man so torn between this or the Spiderbox 9000 or 7000hd, dunno if I can wait another 2-3 weeks though since my TM5400 feels like it requires a disability badge !

This box is a must for me , i'm very impressed with my TM600 as my first linux box and now a HD version A+ to Technomate just the right reciever for all those whom like me refuse to pay a massive premium for a badge i.e dream multimedia Clones i know are £200 but i woulld rather have a box and not have to worry about any images bricking my box :) my cash is firmly on hold for this hardware and then hopefully UR will be releasing some good images just like the 500/600 9100 boxes ;)

Been to the guy I bought the TM600 from who showed me an email from Technomate advertising "A New Budget Priced Linux HD Receiver Due Out Soon", but the names he showed me had been TM500HD & TM600HD rather than TM800HD.

Does this mean that once the TM800 HD is released they will also release lower budget HD versions too??

If the TM800 HD is going to be priced at around the £200 mark, then it would be nice to see what the "Budget" priced versions will be.

any chance of being able to see this email mate?

i personally can't see HD recievers being that much more cheaper. unless of course the 500hd and 600hd are going to be upgrades but that wouldn't really make much sense? lol

I, personally have high hopes that this will make DM 800 HD clone prices come down :D

Back