The official model number of Technomate's Linux HD: TM-800 HD & optional WiFi!

taken from a post fron the end of january

A Digitalworldz Exclusive!!!!!!

Sneak peek at Technomate's New Linux HD STB:

Enigma 2 Linux System
Up to 1080p High-Definition
1x DVB-S/S2 Satellite HD Tuner
320 MHz MIPS Processor
64 MByte NAND Flash & 256 MByte DDRAM
Internal SATA for internal HDD
Supports: Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus & Dolby Digital
Supports: DivX, AVI, WMV, MKV, H.264, MP4, 3GP, VOB, Mov and more
SD to HD Hardware Upscaler
1x Smart Card Reader
2x USB Ports (for PVR, MP3, JPEG, Software Upgrade and more)
e-SATA
Ethernet Port
HDMI & Component Output
RF Modulator
2x Scarts
VFD Display

LAUNCH DATE: Mid-March 2010!!!

Can you record one channel and watch another on this box ?

This answers my question then, was going to ask which box to get for the switch to sat but this seems to be the one. Someone correct me if im wrong but this fella is capable of c$ if your so inclined and can also receive some of those signals just floating around up there ie every kick of every english footie game. Can all this be coupled up together and work through this one receiver and a motorized dish ? Plus the HD factor bonus for the old World cup.

Can you record one channel and watch another on this box ?

do not think you will be able to do this as it is a single tuner and to record one and watch another idealy you need a twin tuner .
allthough it might be possible on some models to watch one and record one on the same transponder.allthough i have never managed to do this on my tm9100.
i hope along with a few others that they do bring out a twin tuner version soon as this seems to be what a lot of people seem to want.

do not think you will be able to do this as it is a single tuner and to record one and watch another idealy you need a twin tuner .
allthough it might be possible on some models to watch one and record one on the same transponder.allthough i have never managed to do this on my tm9100.
i hope along with a few others that they do bring out a twin tuner version soon as this seems to be what a lot of people seem to want.

Yeah seems a trend almost now adays people do want that feature too record one and watch another channel.

Mind you this box is plain silly awesome and mkv streaming ;)

The DM8000 followed the DM800, the TM8000HD is not a linux box though, but i would imagine that a twin tuner linux model would follow at some point

Looking forward to this receiver with interest, I've put off and kept putting off getting a clone dm800 from china, glad I did now.

Regards Finearrow

will there be a decent epg on this one?
not that week epg one I hate it....

weekepg is actually pretty decent if you spend a bit of time playing with it and getting used to it

on a TM600 i can browse programmes on now on every channel, browse programmes on a specific channel for the next 8 days, zap straight from the epg to a channel, send programme info for any channel for any time in the next 8 days straight to the timers list for recording, have direct access to the timer list to view or edit it, zap straight to the epg for the channel being viewed

i can store epg data for 601 channels, with 8 days of info without having any external storage connected, and access to the whole epg data is instant once its all been configured

it may not be as user friendly as the sky EPG, youd need to be a pretty damn good linux programmer to replicate that, but with an hour of sitting down, configuring and playing with weekepg, it is pretty good, id even stretch to saying its better than the nabilo EPG on my DM800

if i get time ill create a guide to how i use it

The EPG is the only thing thats not so good on the TM boxes, but if weekepg is as good as DD says when its set up right then i will be happy,

The only other thing is the hard drive spinning in stand by, but again not a biggy, if you put a hard drive out of an old sky+ box or old btvision box both are 160gig, as these drives are made to run 24/7 so should not be a problem imho

Derek

The EPG is the only thing thats not so good on the TM boxes, but if weekepg is as good as DD says when its set up right then i will be happy,

The only other thing is the hard drive spinning in stand by, but again not a biggy, if you put a hard drive out of an old sky+ box or old btvision box both are 160gig, as these drives are made to run 24/7 so should not be a problem imho

Derek

cheap hard drives here m8

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/214882/

they will be formatted using a TM600

Last edited by a moderator:
If people had too choose would u get this or the new Spiderbox 7000hd box with A+ gift, which cost £159 ?

the TM, as its full linux, not closed source like the spiderbox, the gift is only for 'up to 12 months' and it can only be a client, so cant share outwards

darkman is waiting for the TM HD to be released, then is going to announce an enigma2 HD receiver as well, but personally, going by past 'special offers' such as this, id avoid it like the plague

If people had too choose would u get this or the new Spiderbox 7000hd box with A+ gift, which cost £159 ?

Was having a look at this myself and it got me thinking ...... Thanks for the info digi m8 .

Hando

The spiderbox is a non-linux receiver (it is not running Enigma 2), therefore the software features are much inferior (same as all other non-linux receivers), so there is no comparison. Also, a private server is the way to go, not a public server.

UR_team

I know everyone on here rates linux/TM based recievers like there better then everthing else, but what if one doesnt need all those software features.

What if someone just wanted a good HD box that can cs/ with a paid server and or get A+ gift ?

Or is the reason why its rated so high is since it can do a private share and share outwards between the house or few family/freind members and really thats the only way to go lately ?

depends what you want to do with your box... but you never know what you might want/need to do with it in the future, and open source can make that alot easier..

Back