TM - Drivers: 26-09-2012

All Users
Latest bootloader is required to be flashed prior to flashing the image
Bootloader instructions are at the bottom of this page
Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.

EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.

Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.

Translations
Added support for English (UK).

Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.

Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters

About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
Instant record & Zap added to all EPG screens including EPG search. (short & long press record button)
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (26/9/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

• rytec - for his continued support.
  • Ocram for his Picon sets
  • All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
  • All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
  • Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
  • Huevos for his work on blindscan
  • Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
  • Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatible.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Known issues: -

• USB Tuners not currently supported.
  • OpenWebif screenshots not functioning 100%.
  • Please be aware that using the front power button on the TM-Twin was designed with the original factory firmware in mind and not Enigma 2 images. It will not place the receiver into standby, but shut the receiver down in the same was as the rear power switch, This is set in the hardware and not a image thing so we have no control over this function. DO NOT press the front power button while flashing images or bootloaders.
All Users
Latest bootloader is required to be flashed prior
to flashing the image

DISCLAIMER
This procedure is done
ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK
The VIX team take no responsibility for any failure of your box due to following these instructions

Bootloader instructions - Follow very carefully and DO NOT POWER OFF or remove USB stick for any reason during this process
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

INSTRUCTIONS
REMOVE ALL USB DEVICES FROM THE RECIEVER BEFORE YOU START
USB sticks of 4GB or less are recommended
Please be aware that using the front power button on the TM-Twin was designed with the original factory firmware in mind and not Enigma 2 images. It will not place the receiver into standby, but shut the receiver down in the same was as the rear power switch, This is set in the hardware and not a image thing so we have no control over this function.
DO NOT PRESS THE FRONT POWER BUTTON WHILE FLASHING IMAGES OR BOOTLOADERS!

1) Format USB stick Fat32. If you already have a FAT32 stick you MUST have no other files and folders on it.

2) Create folders > update > tmtwin > cfe > copy bootloader across and rename to cfe.bin or copy the whole update folder from the Bootloader.zip to the root of your USB stick, double check the structure is \update\tmtwin\cfe\cfe.bin

3) When powering on for first time after flashing with bootloader and image you MUST REPEATEDLY PRESS EXIT until the image boot logo appears after the initial splash screen.

IMPORTANT
- BEGIN PRESSING EXIT BEFORE AND DURING POWERING BACK ON - IMPORTANT

3a) Connect USB stick with bootloader to the front USB socket and power on, message will appear on screen - press OK to flash Bootloader
3b)
When finished message appears on TV Power off using rear power switch
3c) Wait with power off for a good 90 seconds minimum before powering back on.

When powering on for first time after flashing with bootloader and image you MUST REPEATEDLY PRESS EXIT until the image boot logo appears after the initial splash screen.
On NEW VIRGIN receivers
that have never been flashed with an Enigma 2 image or required bootloader, you MUST repeatedly press menu for a few seconds after the Linux penguin splash screen appears, you will not see an image boot logo.

IMPORTANT - BEGIN PRESSING EXIT BEFORE AND DURING POWERING BACK ON - IMPORTANT

4) REPEAT THE WHOLE OF STEP 3 this will ensure that the flash is correctly partitioned.

5) Power off using the rear switch

6) Delete any files from your USB stick and transfer the image Update folder from inside the Image zip to the root of the stick.

7) With power off connect USB stick with
Image to front USB and power on.
7a) Press OK for image to flash when message appears on TV or VFD Image will then flash.
7b) Power off with rear switch when completed message appears on TV or VFD
7c) Wait with power off for a good 90 seconds minimum before powering back on.

Downloads

Latest Bootloader 10/9/2012
Release 3.0.338 attached below

Image Here

Bootloader Here

Last edited by a moderator:
I have added both Image and Bootloader to our download section and edited the original post to include said links

As Vix images do not have softcams, they can be acquired from here

Mod edit..External link removed

Well ive already had one crash while setting up epg.

I must apologise, you have to have an account at $shared to download those. Sorry.

There is a cams pack on the download for better site. I have compared two cams and the md5 checksums match with those from the link I posted.

ive setup this as a temp thing for now on my archive,

Mod edit...External link removed.

I've removed external links, you guys can use the downloads section on the forum for any uploads.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I must apologise, you have to have an account at $shared to download those. Sorry.

There is a cams pack on the download for better site. I have compared two cams and the md5 checksums match with those from the link I posted.

no worrys bud im sorted now. Thanks though.

Identified possibly another bug. I was scanning a sat and decided to exit half way through as ti was taking ages. I then went back to watching tv and my dish is stuck on the sat it moved to when i was scanning and now wont move back. I have checked the tuner config which is ok. Ive powered off and on from the back of the box waiting for over 90 seconds before switching back on.

Im stuck on the splash screen with the dish icon flashing away saying from:28.2e goto:28.2e and the timer is upto 4 mins now and the dish is not moving?

Guys, you need to understand there are new builds virtually on a daily basis, these are available from

Guys, you need to understand there are new builds virtually on a daily basis, these are available from

If there is a thread created here, then technically the thread should also be updated as releases are made, in theory anyway :)

on other forums, the OP has nearly identical threads for duo, solo, ultimo, etc, and keeps them updated when a new build is available. i notice that these threads, while on a LOT of other forums, are not on DW, i also notice that the pettiness in trying to 'sneak' links into the TM section is unbelievable, and wouldnt be tolerated on WoS or the majority of other forums (i think i know of about 3 forums that dont care about posting links to other forums)

like you said, EVERYONE that uses the image will see your url anyway, wether its in the splash screen, the boot screen, the about screen, while downloading a plugin, or while running one of numerous plugins that now also direct people to WoS as part of the console output

the rules everyone agreed to while signing up, and continue to agree to by posting, state something along the lines of not posting links to, or advertising forums of a similar nature, anyone who doesnt agree with these rules (especially when they expect others to follow similar rules themselfs) is completley free to log out and not come back

Pot and kettle comes to mind
You have shamelessly promoted your technomate software site which is an advert for a commercial concern, even it's url is an advert.
Last year you even started your own forum you cannot be bothered to upload files to here but instead link elsewhere but you expect others to upload their files here.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287883/#post2113524

You had a post edited by a mod yesterday because you had put in an external link

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/291960/#post2147722

I get the impression that that is something personnal rather than you having a problem with links considering you cannot seem to stop using links yourself ?.

on other forums, the OP has nearly identical threads for duo, solo, ultimo, etc, and keeps them updated when a new build is available. i notice that these threads, while on a LOT of other forums, are not on DW, i also notice that the pettiness in trying to 'sneak' links into the TM section is unbelievable, and wouldnt be tolerated on WoS or the majority of other forums (i think i know of about 3 forums that dont care about posting links to other forums)

like you said, EVERYONE that uses the image will see your url anyway, wether its in the splash screen, the boot screen, the about screen, while downloading a plugin, or while running one of numerous plugins that now also direct people to WoS as part of the console output

the rules everyone agreed to while signing up, and continue to agree to by posting, state something along the lines of not posting links to, or advertising forums of a similar nature, anyone who doesnt agree with these rules (especially when they expect others to follow similar rules themselfs) is completley free to log out and not come back

What a marvelous long winded statement from someone who respects ethics :grayyawn:

The links posted where the download centre only, so wouldn't be a direct link to our forum.

Whats the point of posting changelogs here if images cant be linked too?

To staff here, you guys decide what you would like, not really fussed tbh. Not after starting a battle or anything. Like I've already stated I only popped over to help Sargie in that thread as somebody asked me to, then got drawn into this, but if posting here is going to cause so much controversy I wont bother posting and I'll ask my team to refrain from posting any help here.

Last edited:
Jesus what a fooking joke this thread has turned out to be. So let me get this straight if i want support on the image or indeed updates i have to join yet another forum. FFS.

Jesus what a fooking joke this thread has turned out to be. So let me get this straight if i want support on the image or indeed updates i have to join yet another forum. FFS.

Only if we cannot get you sorted first m8 ;)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Only if we cannot get you sorted first m8 ;)

Aye ive got it set to fixed dish atm m8 as it's blowing a gale here and i don't fancy having to go up the ladders to reset the motor if need be lol.

Aye ive got it set to fixed dish atm m8 as it's blowing a gale here and i don't fancy having to go up the ladders to reset the motor if need be lol.

Don't blame you mate its a day for the fire or the pub :)

Back