S*Y security update

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just C+P,d the info off another well known site as a member on there received that e-mail and was concerned.. im a s*y subscriber but i havent recieved this e-mail either although as said it could be the anti-cs team checking up on the original receiver of said e-mail just checking up on him. regards mdt

What will happen if I don't give you the information?

Without this information you may be unable to receive some of your channels after the security update

Sounds like HD channels may be the target like Viasat.

ive had the opportunity to check around 40+ different boxes in a lot of different locations, and so far it looks like its only the newer small PVR5 model Sky+HD receivers that are getting this update, even the newer HD miniboxes dont have it. the receiver ID looks like the boxes MAC address with one extra digit, ill confirm this over the weekend using a sky+HD PVR5 in my own house (ewwww lol)

ive had the opportunity to check around 40+ different boxes in a lot of different locations, and so far it looks like its only the newer small PVR5 model Sky+HD receivers that are getting this update, even the newer HD miniboxes dont have it. the receiver ID looks like the boxes MAC address with one extra digit, ill confirm this over the weekend using a sky+HD PVR5 in my own house (ewwww lol)

Your going to bring an official sky reciever into your house digi?! You must be going soft lol :D

Sent from my telephone.

any update m8........................

hi why only SD channels soon.

He doesn't know for sure. Pure speculation but what he does know is other broadcasters have implemented similar anti cs measures so it isn't a bad guess :(

Sent from my telephone.

The information is already on Sky's database or it should be considering how crap the PDA's where when pairing card and box, What gets me is they already know apart from the people who buy secondhand HD from ebay for £40 and pair there card manually via the phone but again all information is taken. Bet they had a system crash and lost shit loads of account pairings LOL

I liked Skirkam's reply

Im using the box sky provided me with the card they provided me with, if you have lost those details sure you can have them, but i charge an admin fee for work involved

so what is it thats actually changing? pardon my ignorance buts whats to actually stop us from just doing what sky ask then putting the cards back into our other boxes?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Its in preparation of pairing the HD channels to the latest DRX890/895 $ky receivers to prevent C/S

Cards are already paired to receivers though so hopefully if it is even a pop at sharing, it'll only add a bit more to the setup process and the likes of oscam will be updated. Saying that, I could live without HD on the dreambox, as I also have a legit sky HD sub. I have my dreambox mainly because I enjoy having something to play with and maintain :)

Sent from my telephone.

This is HD pairing with the receiver ident something which was added when the new software with the new EPG got uploaded to the box as i say it only affects the 890/895 owners at present

Its probably not relevent but my 890 has been doing a ton of callbacks lately, I know this because the green light comes on the front everytime it accesses the phoneline. it never used to.

So Sky rang me today asking for the information from my box. I told them I didn't have time to do it there and then but it looks like they are not going to give up so should I give them the info or just sweat it out ?

Why should anybody hook his skybox to phone line, knowing sky has full access anytime.
I once crashed with their call enter for telling ppl they need phone line for their box to work properly

As already mentioned, aren't the cards paired with the receivers already?! Excuse my ignorance but I thought this would already be done so how is this going to cause people to lose HD channels if this is whats happening already?

I think it's part of their T&C's

they could provide with a proper reason other than the fact they need to activate the box, otherwise would have to charge customer for a phone/manual activation.
i did not have to pay and phone is not connect to the box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back