S*Y security update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont kid yourself guys,

If Sly wanted it stopped tomorrow they could,
its a matter of trying to figure out if it would be worth the amount of customers they would lose against people who MAY take out new subscriptions

I agree with wiz...

When n3 hit cable. Sky topped 10 million subscribers within months. I imagine that people thought if they had to pay for TV then they would rather pay sky because its a better platform.

Would people go back to cable if its cheaper? I think so..

Is that what sky want??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Dont kid yourself guys,

If Sly wanted it stopped tomorrow they could,
its a matter of trying to figure out if it would be worth the amount of customers they would lose against people who MAY take out new subscriptions

Agreed. Sly are giants in the pay TV game, behemoths infact and if other providers are able to counter sharing, you can bet your bottom dollar sky can aswell. We all know it'll happen, just noones quite sure when!

When the white cards first came out Sky Italy was off for approx four weeks, when it came back it went off again for an hour and was back up running. I think if it had stayed off the uk would have went the same way.

When the white cards first came out Sky Italy was off for approx four weeks, when it came back it went off again for an hour and was back up running. I think if it had stayed off the uk would have went the same way.

This is completely wrong. Sky italy never had with cards, but lightly blue ones.
The problem was in October 2009 and so on and it shot every card (0919, 093B caids), who was fine before, but since it could only work on regular sky boxes.

When emus resolved it, sky Italy ceased it's attack.

there are mutterings about sly ASA's receiving new cards towards the end of march from some sly reps. the tiers read from an ASA's card, are also set to expire on 25/3, where as i have seen other cards with april expiry dates on them

an ASA is an official sly outlet partner, who generally has a free viewing card for demonstration purposes

there has been MASSIVE security updates going on latley, personally, i think it will be a while untill CS is hit completley, but, if you like your HD and 3D content, then i honestly dont think that youll be seeing that on your receiver this summer without an official card and receiver

(...) there has been MASSIVE security updates going on latley, personally, i think it will be a while untill CS is hit completley, but, if you like your HD and 3D content, then i honestly dont think that youll be seeing that on your receiver this summer without an official card and receiver

I'm agreed, but if it's getting a new pairing card way, as it seems on skyviewinghelp link, problems will be more than for HD and 3D contents, but for premium services as movies and sports too. Because it's a nonsense to have two different way of pairing.
So, we'll be able to watch SyfyHD on our dreambox (a HD content), but not SkySports1 anymore. That's my sad opinion.

This is completely wrong. Sky italy never had with cards, but lightly blue ones.
The problem was in October 2009 and so on and it shot every card (0919, 093B caids), who was fine before, but since it could only work on regular sky boxes.

When emus resolved it, sky Italy ceased it's attack.

I stand corrected. The attacks I was referring to happened in 2010, Oscam seemed to resolve the issue and as you say Sky IT stopped the attacks. In my opinion there is nothing more they can do until new cards are rolled out.
Although I have been wrong about many thing in the past.

I stand corrected. The attacks I was referring to happened in 2010, Oscam seemed to resolve the issue and as you say Sky IT stopped the attacks. In my opinion there is nothing more they can do until new cards are rolled out.
Although I have been wrong about many thing in the past.

You're perfectly right (don't worry about cards colour). Things are as you said.

But before you wrote "When the white cards first came out...", so I've understood wrong, because old card (0919 caid) and new ones(093b caid) had the same problem.
So, I'm agreed too. Sorry for misundersdanding...

I'm agreed, but if it's getting a new pairing card way, as it seems on skyviewinghelp link, problems will be more than for HD and 3D contents, but for premium services as movies and sports too. Because it's a nonsense to have two different way of pairing.
So, we'll be able to watch SyfyHD on our dreambox (a HD content), but not SkySports1 anymore. That's my sad opinion.

the new pairing procedure is only for HD boxes with the latest software, ALL HD channels are counted as 'premium content' but the SD pairing system, is still the same. If you swap over receivers, sly1 normally works (in SD receivers) but, on HD receivers with the latest software, ALL $ content will throw the 07 error on the last box i replaced. on HD receivers with older software, only premium and HD channels will give the 07 error, for example, if you swap a HD receiver, and the customer has the HD package, then sly1HD will give the 07 error, however, if you swap a HD box, and the customer does NOT have the HD package, sly1 SD will clear, and only movies and sport will throw the 07 error

im an ex ++y engineer and this pairin seems mad as a lot of their customers will suffer from this cos loads of customers havent got hd pakage and sports and filims cant be paired the same on sd or hd

Sly are launching a new tv pack with the HD channels incorporated .
The cynic in me believes this is a push to phase out the SD receivers and encourage even more people to get HD boxes .

http://corporate.sky.com/skyviews/s...en_more_customers_enjoy_tv_in_high_definition

Since we launched HD in 2006, viewing in high-definition has been a huge hit with Sky customers.

Today, more than 4.5 million of our customers take HD from Sky. This number continues to grow strongly, with around half a million customers taking HD in the last year alone.

Despite this strong growth, we know that some customers who just take an entertainment TV pack from Sky feel that that they wouldn’t get full value from the existing £10.25 HD pack, which also includes access to HD versions of sports and movies channels. To help them benefit from HD picture and sound quality, we’re making HD more accessible with a new TV pack tailored around their needs.

Available alongside our existing TV packs Entertainment and Entertainment Extra, the brand new pack - called Entertainment Extra+ - will offer customers access to more than 45 HD channels. The pack offers a number of popular entertainment channels including ITV2, MTV, Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, Sky Arts, Discovery and Fox, all in HD.

As well as the 45 HD channels, the pack will also offer customers access to a wide range of TV box sets on demand, both on the Sky+HD box and through the award-winning Sky Go. Box sets that customers will be able to enjoy at home and on the move include Game of Thrones, An Idiot Abroad and Trollied. On top of this, Sky customers with the new pack and a 3D TV will even be able to sample entertainment shows on Sky 3D, including the documentaries Galapagos with David Attenborough and Inside the Mind of Leonardo, featuring the actor Peter Capaldi.

Available from £31.50 a month, the new pack will be available to Sky customers from April.

There is no need to transmit sd and hd sooner rather than later all will be hd.

I would guess that Sky's first move will be to close the sd versions of premium channels (sports and movies) to force the remaining sd subscribers to move to hd.

All this is going to take at least a year to migrate everyone across.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

not a hope mate

if anything charges will increase

to cover the cost of this upgrade which is costly

hardware incorporated

will never happen as is

Apparently the new security will block those on more than 1 hop.

Just becasue the SD and HD will be in one unless there is a hardware change in the card/reader it's not going to make a jot of difference to the CS scene.

It will cost billions for Sly to change the hardware and they are still issuing the same cards and boxes...

I dunno if it'll require new box hardware but I would have thought a card change and a box software update both of which is quite easy to do. Virgin managed an encryption and card update painlessly and so have many broadcasters over the years so I'm sure sky could manage another one without barely batting an eyelid, whether it would become shareable again though would remain to be seen :) who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back