S*Y security update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we will have to wait till the end of summer to see what happens. If they attack HD or launch any other type of attack against sharing, it will be done by then. If not then they will probably wait till the card change which is due 2014-2015.

Has it begun?

From another forum:

If anyone is thinking of spending a few hundred quid on a satellite linux box or one of those openboxes and connecting to a pay service then i would think again.

Last summer sky revealed plans that they would be changing the way they were going to be pairing their cards which was due to be rolled out early in 2013 and its happening now ! Already boxes in certain areas are affected (mainly amstrad receivers) with the loss of all HD sports/movies and any other premium channel add on,the only channels remaining are the family pack channels in sd format.

The new pairing method is working because any emu available today cannot read the new boxid that cards are using now after an entitlements update thus rendering all premium hd channels defunct on servers.

Payservers no dought will already be trying to find a way round this but i do not think its gonna be a smooth journey for them,it was a long time coming and payservers are mostly to blame for the change but the revenue sky are losing must be massive.

Anyway it was just a heads up incase any of you were thinking of spending your hard earned cash only to find the channels you thought you would receive are in darkness.

Henrk

Many cards will have full HD entitlements for a while yet so give it a few months and we'll see what happens :) the oscam team or maybe someone else may have even figured the new pairing system out by then there really is no way of knowing anything. Just enjoy what you have for now guys :)

Has it begun?

From another forum:

If anyone is thinking of spending a few hundred quid on a satellite linux box or one of those openboxes and connecting to a pay service then i would think again.

Last summer sky revealed plans that they would be changing the way they were going to be pairing their cards which was due to be rolled out early in 2013 and its happening now ! Already boxes in certain areas are affected (mainly amstrad receivers) with the loss of all HD sports/movies and any other premium channel add on,the only channels remaining are the family pack channels in sd format.

The new pairing method is working because any emu available today cannot read the new boxid that cards are using now after an entitlements update thus rendering all premium hd channels defunct on servers.

Payservers no dought will already be trying to find a way round this but i do not think its gonna be a smooth journey for them,it was a long time coming and payservers are mostly to blame for the change but the revenue sky are losing must be massive.

Anyway it was just a heads up incase any of you were thinking of spending your hard earned cash only to find the channels you thought you would receive are in darkness.

Henrk

Reading on other forums it only seems to be a problem with people who have used there S*y box to update there entitlements on card , and only seems to be certain boxes that have taken the new software update to

Mick

Reading on other forums it only seems to be a problem with people who have used there S*y box to update there entitlements on card , and only seems to be certain boxes that have taken the new software update to

Mick

Their software updates always start with a select group of customers With the same box and it gradually gets rolled out to everyone mate

That's because oscam uses the card to get the boxkey using the old pairing method which has been decoded.
This new pairing method has a compleatly new encryption so oscam has no idea how to extract new boxkey from newly paired card..
Over time, the new pairing method will have to be dissected & studied in detail (If that is even possible) to try and determine how the new box key is generated..
I would not be surprised if Sly have made other fundamental changes too, so extracting the new boxkey might just be the beginning of cracking the new system.
Only after all this work will oscam or any other emu be able to use Newly paired 0963 cards for CS..

Hi Folks, unfortunately i have been hit by th sky Update and have now lost my HD Channels on my server, does anyone know if i can get this up and running again, even in SD?? SD is better than nothing at all? I am running cccam and oscam? thanks folks :)

I hope this really isnt the end........

Hi Folks, unfortunately i have been hit by th sky Update and have now lost my HD Channels on my server, does anyone know if i can get this up and running again, even in SD?? SD is better than nothing at all? I am running cccam and oscam? thanks folks :)

I hope this really isnt the end........

There is no way mate

Last edited:
Thanks Wiz, i even thought about buying the Thomson 780 box and trying to pair the card to that box, as that box doesnt support the update.... do you think that would work? or is it too late now the cards been updated?

Thanks Wiz, i even thought about buying the Thomson 780 box and trying to pair the card to that box, as that box doesnt support the update.... do you think that would work? or is it too late now the cards been updated?

Too late the card is now paired to the box

shouldn't SD still be opening? It makes me laugh that payservers are still flogging 6-12 month subs pretending not to know whats going on!

Only SD non premium m8

ah ok :)

strange though, my personal card that I have never shared that sits most of the time in my amstrad drx 890 so should be fully updated still opens sky 1 hd when I stick it in my dreambox. weird lol.

ah ok :)

strange though, my personal card that I have never shared that sits most of the time in my amstrad drx 890 so should be fully updated still opens sky 1 hd when I stick it in my dreambox. weird lol.

Probably not got the update yet as its being rolled out in stages :)

Probably not got the update yet as its being rolled out in stages :)

but the premium stuff doesnt clear now, same with sd, but yet, sky 1 hd still does, which is what got me scratching my head lol

Hmm ok you got me there lol,probably just a glitch m8

Lol yeah maybe. Or perhaps I could set up the 'only sky 1 HD' server lol :D

I'll try reading the card again in a day or so and see how I get on. (Was using cccam 2.2.1)

ive been posting that this is coming for ages, and, im glad it finally has, as now maybe the 'hobby' can get back to the hobbyists instead of the free tv leeches and payserver owners

sly WILL NOT re-pair a card to a thompson receiver, they stopped the software support for them a while ago, and any customers who still have one, are offered a brand new HD box, with free wifi adapter, without having to renew their contract.

in about 6 months time, i wouldnt be surprised if those who dont take advantage of this offer, wake up one wednesday morning, to find their thompson receiver is stuck in standby, and no amount of PSU rebuilding will repair it

there is NO way to get your card sorted out now its been updated, and if anyone knows of a 'fix' then like the virmin N3 stuff, they probably wont share it, as thats what got sat tv CS hobby into this sh!t state in the first place

Not saying any potential fix would be shared but there's certainly more incentive to get sly cards working again than n3 cable cards in the uk as 1. There are lots of servers making lots of criminals money all over Europe and 2. Lots of people across Europe will want their uk tv back, with cable, on the grand scheme of things it's only a select few with any commercial interest in sharing.

But if sly have really got their act together they ain't no mugs and this fix has probably been a long time in the making

One thing though that I wonder about with those with Thompson boxes sharing their card, what if they refuse to upgrade receiver and even if sly manage to 'kill' it still refuse to speak to sly, will sly let those few slip through the net or will they make up some nonsense and kill the card and / or terminate the account? Can they even do that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back