S*Y security update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdt

Inactive User
Reaction score
copy and pasted off another forum....

Here at Sky, we're working on improving our services for you. Right now, we're getting ready to carry out a security update to your Sky box. However, we're missing some important information that will allow us to do this.

The information we need .
We need you to give us some details about your Sky box, which will allow us to update it correctly. If we're unable to do this you may lose access to some of your channels. To make sure that doesn't happen, please follow the simple steps below. They'll tell you how you can get this information to us – it's easy to do and won't take long.

1. Press Services on your Sky remote
2. Go to Settings
3. Go to System Details
4. Make a note of your
o Version Number
o Serial Number
o Viewing Card Number
o Receiver ID
(Note that not every Sky Box has a receiver ID, if yours doesn't then you don't need to do anything at this time)
5. Go to skyviewinghelp.com to give us these details. The website is shown on the right so you can check you are in the right place.

If you do not provide these details to us – your services will stop working properly.

If you are unable to use the website you can provide us with your details by calling 08442 411 189.

What happens next?
Once we've got this information, we'll update your Sky box for you. It'll happen automatically so you won't even notice and you can carry on watching Sky TV as usual.

Thank you for helping us update your Sky box.

The Sky Team

has anyone else recieved this e-mail/letter? regards mdt

must be a scam.

sky website is sky.com not skyviewing.com?

defo a scam, website is fake

try to navigate any other sky webpage from it....

must be a scam.

sky website is sky.com not skyviewing.com?

defo a scam, website is fake

try to navigate any other sky webpage from it....

LOL have to agree just had a quick look it even asks that you state your country what a joke :)

site doesnt feel right to me. what would they gain from that info though? doesnt make any sense.

Actually having checked with Whois.net this site is real i take back my statement, all the links work to official sites the problem i have with it is that sky already have all this information when the box and card are paired and only changes if you either upgrade your box with them or buy your own, Ignore it.

expect to only receive SD channels via 'shares' soon

Sky already know all of that info why would they need you to send it? Unless they are trying to crack down on account holders using the cards in unofficial receivers? People who order sky cards from unofficial venders for servers, maybe it's so if you can't provide the right card number and the right box serial that it's paired to they'll cut off your hd and premium? Who knows! It's still probably shite :)

Sent from my telephone.

didnt n** do a similar thing with viasat hd channels? regards mdt

I smell BS this is absolutely ridiculous forcing people to log on to give them details they already have or ring a number and get charged for giving info?

somethings not right .. do they thing old people r going to do this aswell ?

didnt n** do a similar thing with viasat hd channels? regards mdt

Yes they did and guess what it did'nt take long before they where shared again so to speak, A lot harder but its been done

does anyone have a proper sly sub?

maybe email them with a link to the web page voicing concerns..

see what they say?

see what they say?

I will email them and see what the crack is as above I cant see this being right

Last edited:

see what they say?

Yes I am a sly customer but I havent recieved this.

I think we can all agree sly having a pop at sharing is well overdue but this still seems odd.

saying that the site must be genuine, www.skyviewinghelp.com is printed on the white card

Last edited:
I havent heard anything from sky? Hope this isnt leading to anything soon lol

OP you got a link to the site that this was on or something - it has to be bollox there is no way sly would be asking for this info

OP you got a link to the site that this was on or something - it has to be bollox there is no way sly would be asking for this info

But it's a genuine website. Look at your viewing card that web address is printed on it.

Sent from my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back