New Spiderbox - What are thoughts on this box?

Thanks for replies,
Just been having another play and still freezes after say 30 mins or if box been on before say 20 mins freezes quicker.
I as i say dont have the gift ++ as it doesnt matter to me as i have cards in a different location which work fine but not on this box in my house.
Do you think as not as experienced as you guys just a thought with cccam if i have the latest on the server to keep sly ok on 2.1.3 then feed to my house on a dm500 using an older cccam then having a newer cccam on the spider would that work?
My server uses c and nline? port 14000 could that be a problem?
Looks like it could be a good box but with a few problems as i said i have setup dm500s only but this could be a nightmare with people with no experience what so ever.
sorry didnt add
there is no problem with the lnb, dish, cable channel lost when watching tried few times and same things happening no problem when i put in my dm i think if this is the case a very large fly must be landing on it at night time knocking it off :}

hi mate yes if you use a dm500 using cccam 2.1.2 or lower as a server to the spiderbox it will work with only a few minor glitches
using port 14000 will not affect this what so ever providing you have opened that port in your router settings
the use of cline's or nline's are not a problem either you may find if you can resend the spider an nline ( newcamd ) it will work without any issues at all

I have a Spiderbox 9000HD.

While it is not perfect by any means, for me, its good value for money.

The "gift" channels" have been going for four months now and the HD picture quality is excellent. When channels go down, its normally fixed reasonably quickly.

I am also running Cccam glitch free. Maybe I am a lucky one, but apart from the occasional box reboot, it never freezes on Cccam.

All that being said, I am looking at buying TM-600 to start to learn the capabilities of linux receivers.

Hi Drew,
I disagree on 1 point with you the channels seem to be up and down like a yoyo and the 13e & 16e problems haven't been fixed or addressed yet, the focus seemed to move to more Thor and 19.2e.

Last edited:
i understand that however why wont he post on his forum with same message i am sure as most spiderbox owners visit it, they would welcome the news instead of being left in the dark and everyone else is told ???

LOL
I know why, according to google this is the No 1 Spiderbox site

Last edited:
I do not Run the Spiderbox forum...actully honestly speaking i have more 3 weeks did not log in there...i will check that forum and advice the stuff to be more carefully ...
But is so Naive deleting or Close the Post resolve the problems...

I allways like to work hard to solve the problems some one can see my post or softwares 4-5 am in Morning that mean i try to read and try to work and to sodifity the people not ignore them.,

Many people has got wrong picture about my personality ,they all asocited ME with GROUP mean forum...I am not the Forum..I am this one i am talking now..Maybe even me my self do not like some think you are talking or some rules..But unfortunatly even the Goverments or STATES they are under the rules...a part then more then 50% like and the other side 50% less they do not...This is the democarcy i and others have to exepted....

If i do like hide the problems that what was the reason i am trying to answer questions here...i could do same to log off and sty far...

But look is not my style...

People has even to understand about other forum not spider has 130.000 Members obviously can be even trouble makers and genuine members ,but every one should understand to keep up 130.000 members together is not easy and not every one will be happy ,this is Democracy if all are happy we call Dicatature..I think i know better then ever one what this last one mean ...I have been in truble together with my family from that Regime Dictator for 25 years.

But we have to come to spiderbox thread...

Do eny member of this forum has eny proper question about spiderbox ?

Wow who wrote that ???
Hi Bobi,
I think when people mention the "other" forum they mean the A ls@t forum, the main Spiderbox forum is very quiet and posts can lie unanswered for a while.
I think the main support for the spiderbox just now is on the "other" forum and as the main supplier of the box, it will probably remain that way but its a shame because the actual spiderbox forum is pretty cool. I like how all the mods and admins have Spider type names but think their avatars may scare off some arachnaphobes lol.

Manic and Digi are going to have to reg on there to get some stuff for their new boxes I hope their not instantly banned

@Digi the nintendo games are on the "other" site if you can't get them let me know and I can send you a copy of them. (there not mine I just have a copy)

Last edited:
I have bought one of these boxes without the gift as i bought the two box deal with the eagle box.
I have setup dreamboxes myself but seeing as this was a different box my mate set it up as he has setup many different boxes before.
What i have found is it works fine for half an hour it then starts freezing then it just comes up no signal the signal when you first put the box on is at 85% then it just drops to 2%.

That is exactly the same problem that I have so much so I thought it was my LNB so I bought a new one, no difference.
I put my TM back in and my old Force in another room and they are getting excellent signals.

I have decided that the Spiderbox has a problem with their tuners and hopefully it's a problem that can be fixed by software, and therefore a patch.

The only problem is that you can't report the problem as the "other" mods and admins don't have this problem so it will never get marked as a problem to the people who need to know about the problem in the Spiderbox to be able to fix the problem.

lol now when people search google for "spiderbox problem" they'll get directed straight here... oh wait they do anyway

I must point out that I do not have a spider box so am in the dark here but is it possible to replace the original tuner with another one like you can in Dreamboxes? (I do not own a dream box but read up on others mods of them.)

bobi we have meet in forum before and established im a genuine customer
but my question remains the same

why wont you post on Als~t what you post on here about the spiderbox
perhaps becoming a server

when i ask on your forum my thread is closed and i'm made to look an idiot by admin with the remark your far to busy

if i was to cut and paste it will only be removed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not an attack on you or your shop / forum

just a confused customer asking why ??????????

thank you bobi
update to the above post bobi has posted on als;t now

:banana:

Hi all,
Had another play today with the box and yes if you do use an older cccam rather than 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 it does work.
I have on my server 2.0.8 and put a line into the spider from this and must say freeze free since which has been about 6 hrs and a good picture.
It probably will be a great box for beginners as i have used dm's before and from scratch found it hard to setup as new nothing about them or computers to be honest and with this thought it would be harder than it was but couldnt get more simple.
Think the remote could be better as the ok button is what brings the proper channel list up so for beginners would probably be looking for a tv button as in for tv channel listings, it does have a tv button but it is for literally to turn the box on other than that i can say i will be happy with it.
What i would like to know now is what is open channel wise without the gift and how long the channels are open for e.g are you having to update keys etc every few days.
Thanks all hope this helps someone.

Hi Drew,
I disagree on 1 point with you the channels seem to be up and down like a yoyo and the 13e & 16e problems haven't been fixed or addressed yet, the focus seemed to move to more Thor and 19.2e.

Fair enough m8. I dont use 16e since the satellite failure so I wouldnt be aware of those problems. I dont notice Nova as I have a gamma card.

I primarily use JSC on 13E and 1W and they tend to work when I use them.

I dont experience the glitching on HD channels or the rebooting issues. I also dont have any freezes on Cccam 2.1.3 although I know many do.

Hi all,
Had another play today with the box and yes if you do use an older cccam rather than 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 it does work.
I have on my server 2.0.8 and put a line into the spider from this and must say freeze free since which has been about 6 hrs and a good picture.
It probably will be a great box for beginners as i have used dm's before and from scratch found it hard to setup as new nothing about them or computers to be honest and with this thought it would be harder than it was but couldnt get more simple.
Think the remote could be better as the ok button is what brings the proper channel list up so for beginners would probably be looking for a tv button as in for tv channel listings, it does have a tv button but it is for literally to turn the box on other than that i can say i will be happy with it.
What i would like to know now is what is open channel wise without the gift and how long the channels are open for e.g are you having to update keys etc every few days.
Thanks all hope this helps someone.

try the spider outside your local network and test it .
i found it worked 100% on local network also

Since this thread was moved it has died why is that?

Well you should be thankfull for this thread, I had never heard of the forum before until searching google and finding this thread. I've been around sat stuff a while now (to dumb to learn anything though) and I can see the site has been going for years. Now its my Number 1 choice as I like the fact you are allowed to talk openly.

im not getting a proper epg,
only the next few hour for the channel im watching.
How do i get the full epg?

Back