New Spiderbox - What are thoughts on this box?

Stay WELL away from ***** shop and forum.I have been done up like a kipper by darkman for saying darkbox was a load of shit lots of trouble with it.Sent it back never had refund emailed and contacted them by letter as well.I contacted my credit card company no joy because they deal with paypal.

Your post was made on november 2009, I can assure you that ### website shop has not used paypal for more than a year, actually I do remember 2 years ago was last time they used paypal
they have telephone payment or online credit debit card payment. Secure and safe.

Everytime I have brought an item from them the support is the best when it comes to receivers.
So unless you have some other issues, don't start to accuse the ### shop.

As for spiderbox is one of the best what is on offer at the moment
I love using the homestream, I have all my videos on my pc and through the box I can watch them on my tv without spending money on dvd discs.

Plus lots of channels for free

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ satnews10 - Most noobs are very careful in what they say in their first post. You've just joined recently and ur 1st post is so aggressive and defensive! Are you sure your not part of ### site? :sneaky:

lol @ satnews10 - Most noobs are very careful in what they say in their first post. You've just joined recently and ur 1st post is so aggressive and defensive! Are you sure your not part of ### site? :sneaky:

I can confirm A lsat...do not use PAYPAL...for the shit rules they have ...they have chit many people taking in that time money in Reserve ....for 6 months.....like $20 K and 10% of any order....We was analble to work like that and Accunting as well...for that we ban paypal...and wait for our money after 6 months to get back with their shiti rules.Naw is secure Back Barclays system much more faster and better then paypal.

Your post was made on november 2009, I can assure you that ### website shop has not used paypal for more than a year, actually I do remember 2 years ago was last time they used paypal
they have telephone payment or online credit debit card payment. Secure and safe.

Everytime I have brought an item from them the support is the best when it comes to receivers.
So unless you have some other issues, don't start to accuse the ### shop.

As for spiderbox is one of the best what is on offer at the moment
I love using the homestream, I have all my videos on my pc and through the box I can watch them on my tv without spending money on dvd discs.

Plus lots of channels for free

Nice 1st post.

Another fan boy, looks like bobi is recruiting.

I thought this forum was unbiased.

wots wrong with you lot having pop at bobi all time ive been on here just seen digs at him each week grow up leave the guy alone like bunch of fooking kids man

Re: Anyone got theirs yet? TM800HD

the now and next epg is excellent on the spiderbox. the colour scheme is spot on and its fast!

c**am works perfectly with no glitches what so ever. it even tells you the ip of the server and how many hops away it is!

recording is also excellent, when you record a hd channel it doesnt glitch and playback is flawless.

you can set your own favourites, and it has easy channel navigation as well, you can sort a-z, z-a, hd-sd, cas-fta, transponder order and so on.

for the average joe who is gonna watch tele and do nothing else, this is the box he needs. box boots up in seconds unlike enigma 2 which can take several minutes. you cant make it crash it works how its meant to.

i personally think that channel zap time is quicker on the spider box then it is on a dm800hd.

in regards to the epg, all enigma 1 and enigma 2 have only now and next for sky uk. im sure you have to go through a plugin to get 7 days + and so on. imo this is a bit tedious as u cant access full 7 day just by pressing the ok button!

im no way connected to al$at, nor do i have anything to do with them or the spiderbox. some 1 passed me 1 to play with and thought "what a $hit looking box" until i plugged it in and the more i used it the more it grew on me.

the box i had did not come with the "gift" so i cant comment on its stability.

I copied the post from max_gee into here, as it was in the technomate thread.

It is true that lots of members have personal disike of bobi due to their treatment on his forum, and the way it is run. Some also dislike him because he says truths that technomate fans do not wish to hear. BUT is is also true that people sign up here just to support how wonderful bobi and his shop/forum/receivers are, or sign up to say how bad they are.

I think members can make their own minds up as to which posts are biased and thats why we leave all aspects and both sides. Its very easy to remove posts or ban people for abuse, but this is not about bobi vs digitalworldz. The truths are here and there are 2 sides to hear. Anyone who doesn't understand this are welcome to find another forum where they can only get 1 sided views to keep them happy. One thing for sure, those who continue to cause trouble will be forced to leave, and this time is close for some.

I copied the post from max_gee into here, as it was in the technomate thread.

It is true that lots of members have personal disike of bobi due to their treatment on his forum, and the way it is run. Some also dislike him because he says truths that technomate fans do not wish to hear. BUT is is also true that people sign up here just to support how wonderful bobi and his shop/forum/receivers are, or sign up to say how bad they are.

I think members can make their own minds up as to which posts are biased and thats why we leave all aspects and both sides. Its very easy to remove posts or ban people for abuse, but this is not about bobi vs digitalworldz. The truths are here and there are 2 sides to hear. Anyone who doesn't understand this are welcome to find another forum where they can only get 1 sided views to keep them happy. One thing for sure, those who continue to cause trouble will be forced to leave, and this time is close for some.

I think your post is brilliant Pinkhelmets and I totally agree with you, in fact as I have said before I joined here because it was open and unbias.
However some of these guys are right, it seems even here if you mention a slight problem with the spiderbox you seem to be attacked and threatened.
Its not only Bobi or the new members joining to advertise the box, but long time members that I respect like Manic or JimmyP seem to jump on people who are using their freespeech.
Now I'm a spiderbox owner and a spiderbox fan (now that its working for me)
But when I was having problems I was scared to mention it even here for fear of retribution on the other site. So I try and stay out of it, I have both a TM & Spider and like them both, but to me they are only boxes full of wires that let me watch my tellybox better its not the be all and end all of my life. But if you take a step back and look at this forum recently, its changing; I have nothing against Bobi or his crew but there is something not nice happening with all these attacks and threats

Theres free speech and then theres witch hunting members.
I have been slated more than anyone on here over the spider box, and I have loads of TM equipment.
Certain members on here have a hidden agenda, also maybe multiple logins/ips etc.
As for you saying the forum has changed recently, you have only been a member for a few weeks so cannot really comment on forum direction
I do think that there is too many personal attacks going on here
I have tried to sort out any spiderbox problems where i can, remember I have only had my Spiderbox 3 weeks so i am still learning.

most people know i like the TM receivers, just as most people know i dislike the 'offer of the year' receivers that appear about every 18 months, but as things stand at the moment, im moving more spiderboxes than technomates for people wanting HD, theres no denying, theyre a good receiver, and theyre available

I think your post is brilliant Pinkhelmets and I totally agree with you, in fact as I have said before I joined here because it was open and unbias.
However some of these guys are right, it seems even here if you mention a slight problem with the spiderbox you seem to be attacked and threatened.
Its not only Bobi or the new members joining to advertise the box, but long time members that I respect like Manic or JimmyP seem to jump on people who are using their freespeech.
But when I was having problems I was scared to mention it even here for fear of retribution on the other site. So I try and stay out of it, I have both a TM & Spider and like them both, but to me they are only boxes full of wires that let me watch my tellybox better its not the be all and end all of my life. But if you take a step back and look at this forum recently, its changing; I have nothing against Bobi or his crew but there is something not nice happening with all these attacks and threats

And here you go again digging at me

"erm... shouldn't you have credited the author of this and the other guides copied and pasted from A lsat... I thought you were banned? LoL"

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1755042/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done a LOT of reading since joining so got a general feeling on what the forum was about. But thats an example of you jumping on the fact I am reasonably new here you could have got your point across without that.
I seem to remember being attacked for defending you in one post and another attack for saying it was a shame something wasn't working right.

the now and next epg is excellent on the spiderbox.

There is nothing excellent about 'Now and Next' EPG mate, it's the absolute minimum.

the colour scheme is spot on and its fast!

Image is great, colours are fine, but what is a fast colour scheme?

c**am works perfectly with no glitches what so ever. it even tells you the ip of the server and how many hops away it is!

ccCam isn't exactly perfect in my opinion. It still has the occasional blip and it also reports the number of Hops wrong. I have no local card yet it tells me I am 0 Hops for Sky UK. Other cards that are hops 2 and 3 are reported as Hop 1.

recording is also excellent, when you record a hd channel it doesnt glitch and playback is flawless.

Yup, I can't fault it's PVR at all, very good indeed.

you can set your own favourites, and it has easy channel navigation as well, you can sort a-z, z-a, hd-sd, cas-fta, transponder order and so on.

I think the channel list setup is crap. When you Sort the list it's ok as long as you don't actually close the list, as soon as you do the channels revert back to their random orders. It should memorise your last sorting option IMO.

for the average joe who is gonna watch tele and do nothing else, this is the box he needs. box boots up in seconds unlike enigma 2 which can take several minutes.

Absolutely, it's a great starter box and the boot times are phenomenal.

you cant make it crash it works how its meant to.

It's never crashed on me as such, but it has refused to display channels on a number of occaisons - even FTA, the only way to get the picture back is to reboot the box.

This could be considered a 'crash'.

i personally think that channel zap time is quicker on the spider box then it is on a dm800hd.

Not in my experience. One of the first things I noticed was the delay when zapping.

My clone DM800 was almost instant, the Spiderbox 9000 has a delay of around 2 seconds.

in regards to the epg, all enigma 1 and enigma 2 have only now and next for sky uk. im sure you have to go through a plugin to get 7 days + and so on. imo this is a bit tedious as u cant access full 7 day just by pressing the ok button!

What's tedious about pressing the Blue button and installing a Plugin?

Atleast the option exists for a 7 day EPG on the Linux boxes, what options exist on the Spiderbox?

the box i had did not come with the "gift" so i cant comment on its stability.

The gift works great, but I tend not to use it as the packages available on it aren't of any interest to me.

Agreed Witchy, the now and next epg is crap on all receivers that dont have plugins as the providers send info differently. Having said that supersports on 16e nearly always shows a full epg, mind you it does on most stb's lol.

Zapping is slightly slower agreed, but on my TM600 it's fast but has lipsync issues for a few secs on encrypted channels but catches up quite quickly.

The pause live tv and the facility to stream movies via your pc or from usb stick is an excellent feature as well.

The pause live tv and the facility to stream movies via your pc or from usb stick is an excellent feature as well.

Don't you find divx playback to be hit or miss mate?

When the movies play, they playback superbly, but the problem is trying to find one that will play in the first place, it's a 50/50 chance whether or not the movie will actually load and play.

I've not managed to get a x264 file to play at all, but I've only tested a few.

I couldn't agree more mate, this circus that has arrived is just doing peoples head in and the sooner its all cleaned up the better. Lets get back to what are actually the roots of this hobby which is 'european satellite viewing' and lets start discusing the hobby we all enjoy..

I dont have a spiderbox but doesn't mean i cant help out and vice-versa. But there is no doubt something strange going on that is just adding fuel to the fire.

here are the points that do my head in

Not so long ago i and others where banned from his forum for discusing a digialb hack. Now that package is in 'the gift' nice one talk about taking the piss, or has the trade with digialb stopped?

The box is nothing new if you do your research you will find other boxes with striking similarities to this. ffs its noubt special just people getting caught up with all the marketing bull.

This 'thanking' is getting a bit of a joke..lol He only has to fart and theres the same names offering their thanks.

I cant be arsed with all this personal jibbing but I am a firm believer there is 'no smoke without fire'

Do we really want this circus every few months when a new reciever hits the market or doesn't make an apearance?

This is not a personal attack at any one before it gets mentioned, what with this and then people comming here asking for help setting up thier internal shares only to start a payserver. At least have the common sense to find the stuff out on your own and not use your name here as your dyndns address...

Rant over...lol

Si

Don't you find divx playback to be hit or miss mate?

When the movies play, they playback superbly, but the problem is trying to find one that will play in the first place, it's a 50/50 chance whether or not the movie will actually load and play.

I've not managed to get a x264 file to play at all, but I've only tested a few.

Only issue I had was on bruce willis film, no other ones.
Though I don't doubt there may be issues as there are so many variations out there.

Back