New method through ethernet?

im sure your right but its seems to be something vm have been doing alot in the last 6 months and sat havnt , l shouldnt talk to soon lol . l just dont think they will take this lying down , but saying that if there losing customers to sky by the thousands they might no bother

I'll leave this here.

Evolution_iconnectSmall.jpg

cheers for that pal,
what does that device do?
do you need it if the box already has a lan port?

The majority of people dont particularly want the hassle of changing. If they can get the same channels that they are getting now with a minimum of fuss then they will likely go for it.

The number of extra channels you can get from sat is fairly irrelevant. Even VM provides far more channels than anyone can actually watch. In fact, the majority of people tend to view no more than 7-10 channels regardless of how many are available. People tend to find their favourites and stick with them.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could actually purchase the channels you want rather than having to buy the rest of the dross thats placed in the so called "packages". 50p per month per channel would mean most of us get exactly what we want for £5 or less !

The only fly in the ointment is the stupidly priced Sports channels. Still, if nobody bought them for a year I guarantee the prices would come down to more realistic levels !
I have to agree 100% nozzer

I remember when sky first went payafortune think it was 73quid a year now look at the fookers & i'm nearly back to the same wages i was on then

im sure your right but its seems to be something vm have been doing alot in the last 6 months and sat havnt , l shouldnt talk to soon lol . l just dont think they will take this lying down , but saying that if there losing customers to sky by the thousands they might no bother

I would say that is more related to realigning the network and merging the 3 seperate providers together? That seems to be what they are doing.

cheers for that pal,
what does that device do?
do you need it if the box already has a lan port?

It's a serial to ethernet converter used mainly on the Krypts , not needed if you have a dream or similar box with an ethernet port

from wot lm reading its starting to look like things r moving forward fast and c/s on cable will be big and common . l cant see the plug and play boxes being as good as the dreamboxs when there up and running at full speed , ie being able to use ccaminfo and hop control if these work like this , lm sure there will be c/s selling sites springing up all over the place ..

and europe and the usa will be joining in too..

I jus got and email from a online supplier who sezz that he is getting the kryptview Iconnecter in stock in a few dayz & dat the iconnecter will retail at £110. Dats sounds alrite considering i hav herd dat they retail bout £250 in som areas with kryptview box. but i read they r very glicthy & a newer firmware for kryptview a750 was relesed to support this & this firmware is not public only suppliers hav them is this true cause i hav asked dat guy & he sezz dat newer fimware & setup instructions would be included.

Last edited:
I jus got and email from a online supplier who sezz that he is getting the kryptview Iconnecter in stock in a few dayz & dat the iconnecter will retail at £110. Dats sounds alrite considering i hav herd dat they retail bout £250 in som areas with kryptview box. but i read they r very glicthy & a newer firmware for kryptview a750 was relesed to support this & this firmware is not public only suppliers hav them is this true cause i hav asked dat guy & he sezz dat newer fimware & setup instructions would be included.

They are not very glitchy at all mate and no the firmware is not public

£110 for just the connector is shocking.

guess prices will be silly high for early adopters trying too either use it or start there own cs and make some £ themselves.

We may start too see few companies like protek/spiderbox give boxes with cs built in for the year at some £200-300 quid price, or perhaps that dongle if its £120 or 250 surely a years gift A+ ;)

pretty sure the "gift" never includes providers from the country it's being sold in.

They will be glitchy when the server is over loaded.

Why would you think that ?

It may be the case on small private setups where everything runs through the card but larger systems dont work like that. On a large system, cleints never get anywhere near a real card. Everything is returned from a codeword cache.

That effectively means the capacity is only limited by the banwidth of the server, not by the number of cards available. Even a small server should easily be able to handle several thousand clients.

I suspect your thinking of traditional CS where some fly-by-night sets up sharing a few cards on his dreamboxes and tries to connect 50 clients to a single card. Thats going to get pretty glitchy !

pretty sure the "gift" never includes providers from the country it's being sold in.

yeah but they could always sell it out of europe.
people who are despearate for cable cs would probably pay the additional shipping too

Back