My tits

sorry to say this m8 but i know why it isnt staying the night
if u watch ur video the bird is taking bedding out of the box to make a nest else where

It looked like it was taking poo out they like to keep the nest area clean lets hope they stay. curly the box is in a position where in the past birds have shown interest i think it may be down to box design it has opaque side panels l
suspect its too light the cam goes to 0 lux so might fit blackouts but alas there doesnt seem to be many birds about these days

sorry to say this m8 but i know why it isnt staying the night
if u watch ur video the bird is taking bedding out of the box to make a nest else where

He's taking some stuff out and thowing it all over my patio m8 lol
He doesn't appear to be using it for anything else.

It's started spinning round and making what looks like a little nest within the moss etc. He's also taken to hanging from the camera wiring lol.

This next video is from this afternoon.

2009_4_11_16_40_16.flv video by Cur1y - Photobucket

Curly

It looked like it was taking poo out they like to keep the nest area clean lets hope they stay. curly the box is in a position where in the past birds have shown interest i think it may be down to box design it has opaque side panels l
suspect its too light the cam goes to 0 lux so might fit blackouts but alas there doesnt seem to be many birds about these days

I know that to attract blue tits the hole has to be no more than 25mm diameter. If it is too big they will fear predators getting in.

My camera is seeing ok in pitch black with it's 6 led's, yet they don't look like they're even on. Dead cheep too!

Curly

you go me as well but i love birds i have my own avery in my garden it is nice to see some one interested of birds as well thank you for the camera.

curly me read this post bit confused you have a camera connected to pc?? and you want to stream so you can see it from anywhere via net?
if so i got just the thing you need

What I've got is the little camera from the ebay link fitted in my birdbox.
It's currently connected to my cctv dvr, that's how I'm recording it and taking snapshots or video clips etc. I'm using the dvr software.
What I'd like to be able to do is stream it live to somewhere like camstreams etc, but I can't get my pc to show the image, so camstreams encoder won't stream it.
My pc even has a video input socket but I can't get a picture from it. I also have a usb capture thingy, but the encoder doesn't seem to like that either.
From what I've read so far it's looking like I need a pci video input card like the ospray 100 fitting to my pc.

Anyone any better ideas?

If I can get it to stream, I'll post a link to it so you can watch the box live.

Curly

**update**

I managed to get the video input socket on my htpc working, so only need to re-route the coax from the dvr to the pc instead and I'll be able to stream it.

From Thursday morning last week there was no activity in the box.
I'd still only ever seen 1 bird there too.
Anyway, I've been in Blackpool all weekend and when I was getting ready for work this morning, I noticed 2 blue tits going in and out of the bird box!
They are definately nesting now.
I'll re-route the cable one night this week.

Curly

Right peeps we're live!!!!! yey
After lots of messing about updating drivers, re-routeing cables etc, I'm now streaming my camera.

Check it out here

Blue Tit Nest Box - Live Webcam with Free Chat

Just to update too, both birds have been busy bringing feathers and things in for the past couple of days. There's still no eggs yet and the birds don't spend the night in the box, so you're unlikely to see much activity in the evening.

Have a look at the stream peeps, especially during the day untill we have eggs :)

Curly

Nice one curly, cheers m8. My wee neice loves all that stuff so I am sure she will like the live stream.

thats flippin amazing what you got set up there and managed to capture it also. Just got blooming pigeons that shit loads round my end. My black car often looks black with a dodgy coloured white roof!

I can't believe it.........we have an egg !!!!!
Must have been laid this morning as it wasn't there last night.
I believe they lay one every 24 hours or so, so might see another tomorrow morning.
I feel like an expectant father lol

Curly

I can't believe it.........we have an egg !!!!!
Must have been laid this morning as it wasn't there last night.
I believe they lay one every 24 hours or so, so might see another tomorrow morning.
I feel like an expectant father lol

Curly

Personally I think you snuck in there & dropped a mint imperial in during the night while the rest of DW slept : multi :

PMSL

I just logged on at work and saw it......honest lol

I had to disconnect the video feed from my dvr in order to send it to the pc to stream it, so I havn't recorded the big moment :(
I'll get a splitter and see if that works, if not there is an option to record the stream on the pc, but I don't really want to fill the hard drive with images of tits :Laugh:

Curly

PMSL

I just logged on at work and saw it......honest lol

I had to disconnect the video feed from my dvr in order to send it to the pc to stream it, so I havn't recorded the big moment :(
I'll get a splitter and see if that works, if not there is an option to record the stream on the pc, but I don't really want to fill the hard drive with images of tits :Laugh:

Curly

nice one curly sound aswell pretty cool :).

nice one curly sound aswell pretty cool :).

Cheers m8, but with regards to the sound, there's a story there lol
I plugged everything in last night but didn't test the sound. Bit awkward on your own.
Anyway I logged on at work and could hear cars etc.
I phoned the wife and asked her to say something under the bird box.
She thought I was taking the pi$$ lol
Anyway she goes outside and says "hello stupid idiot" I guess she meant me lol
She now says I'm infringing on her privacy as she does her gossiping at the back door under the bird box lol

I told her it's the camera in the bathroom she wants to worry about ;)

Curly

Back