Back into sat! From Dreambox to cable to ... Sly Q?

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I used to be massively into the sat scene, but about 10 years ago I moved into a building that was wired up to cable so I had little choice and had to give up my beloved dish!

I am now moving house in the new year and I will be in a similar situation but vice-versa... I can only get sat and no cable! lol... So I have dusted off my DM800HD Clone and it still works. Updated to latest image and sim, but i think I will certainly be investing in a new receiver should I decide to go down the limux route.

anyway, as I have been out of the game for so long, I have a few questions:

1.) Can you still cardshare with sly? I see many posts with locked channels etc. I will have my own sly card with movies, but like to CS to get the sports channels. will this be a problem?

2.) Is there a receiver that will enable multiroom functionality? With my dreambox i used to be able to stream to my laptop, but what I ideally want is the receiver to be able to stream to multiple devices, ie, my ipad and also to another TV via my firestick and an app or android box?

3.) user interface and functionality... Any new device has to be simple enough for the family to use, but allow me to tinker and play with settings at the same time. Are there some better than others, or are they all much the same and it just depends on the image/OS that is installed?

4.) IPTV... Ive looked into the IPTV thing, but it seems streams can be unreliable and that service providers are cracking down. Is this a viable option? I feel I'd rather pay for my legit Sly card and have my own setup rather than relying on an external source, but if someone knows a reliable IPTV supplier, I'd be intrested.

5.) Shall I just bypass all the ball ache get a Sly Q multiroom setup??

Hi, I used to be massively into the sat scene, but about 10 years ago I moved into a building that was wired up to cable so I had little choice and had to give up my beloved dish!

I am now moving house in the new year and I will be in a similar situation but vice-versa... I can only get sat and no cable! lol... So I have dusted off my DM800HD Clone and it still works. Updated to latest image and sim, but i think I will certainly be investing in a new receiver should I decide to go down the limux route.

anyway, as I have been out of the game for so long, I have a few questions:

1.) Can you still cardshare with sly? I see many posts with locked channels etc. I will have my own sly card with movies, but like to CS to get the sports channels. will this be a problem?

2.) Is there a receiver that will enable multiroom functionality? With my dreambox i used to be able to stream to my laptop, but what I ideally want is the receiver to be able to stream to multiple devices, ie, my ipad and also to another TV via my firestick and an app or android box?

3.) user interface and functionality... Any new device has to be simple enough for the family to use, but allow me to tinker and play with settings at the same time. Are there some better than others, or are they all much the same and it just depends on the image/OS that is installed?

4.) IPTV... Ive looked into the IPTV thing, but it seems streams can be unreliable and that service providers are cracking down. Is this a viable option? I feel I'd rather pay for my legit Sly card and have my own setup rather than relying on an external source, but if someone knows a reliable IPTV supplier, I'd be intrested.

5.) Shall I just bypass all the ball ache get a Sly Q multiroom setup??
Not really allowed to discuss card sharing but still goes on. IPTV with a good provider is an excellent option. You can use an enigma2 box to stream to other devices with the correct setup.

Thanks for the reply. Are you allowed to discuss decent IPTV providers? If not, I've just made some room in my inbox ;)

Not going into detail regarding cardsharing, even though it still goes on, is it half decent? As I will have a legit card, will I still encounter issues as a result?

The is no access to any movie or sports channels on satellite some channels do work but not the sky channels. Even your own card can now not be used in a 3rd party box. I think discussing iptv providers is a no no but it you got provider that allowed a number of devised you could stream via the net to what ever devise you wanted.

Iptv is the way to go but get a good paid provider. That’s about as much as I can say on here. And I don’t have any recommendations via pm.

Iptv is the way to go but get a good paid provider. That’s about as much as I can say on here. And I don’t have any recommendations via pm.
Fully agree as long as a good provider. Hard to find but they are about just stay away from the bay 🤙

Back