Lan conections

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi everyone i recently changed internet provider ,my old providers router hub had 4 lan sockets to which i had wi-fi cameras wired 2 but now my new provider only has 2 lan input sockets so i can't put my cameras into it as the sockets are been used . I bought a splitter online but when i connect the a camera and a wired dvr to the network using the splitter they dont work , if i unplug 1 of the items the other 1 works can anyone help me sort this problem much appreciated

Will that work tho its just a wi-fi camera not an ip or Poe camera ? My wi-fi isnt that great thats why connecting it with rj45 made sure it was picked up online .

If it’s using the lanwould say it would work. Splitters don’t work the same way as a switch.

Using this switch would be the same as having the extra ports like in your old router.

so if it worked before then this should work.

If it’s using the lanwould say it would work. Splitters don’t work the same way as a switch.

Using this switch would be the same as having the extra ports like in your old router.

so if it worked before then this should work.
Bought that switch received next day connected and all is running great cameras and dvr running through it thank you

Back