Latest C14.7 19th September 2013 online update goes LIVE!

or maybe getting past it?:nopity:

Seriously, Fano, this was maybe a bridge too far for RT-EPG, so it's gonna be surgically removed in the next online update. Fact is, for "BBCi 1" the stream EIT populates the N+n epg for about the next 6 hours in RT-EPG mode anyway.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, but this one is too tenuous, sorry.

Cheers- AL ;)

or maybe getting past it?:nopity:

Seriously, Fano, this was maybe a bridge too far for RT-EPG, so it's gonna be surgically removed in the next online update. Fact is, for "BBCi 1" the stream EIT populates the N+n epg for about the next 6 hours in RT-EPG mode anyway.

Seemed like a good idea at the time, but this one is too tenuous, sorry.

Cheers- AL ;)

No way Al,you are far from past it,doing trojan work on Commando.:eater:

It was a nice touch to add epg for the BBC interactive channels but its not really necessary ,image is great without it.

Hi abp news and sony sab tv have gone , tried scaning and autobouquets but they dont show anywhere also done single transponder scan but it says transponder scan failed . Any help would be good thanks

You will probably need to update your satellite.xml file to match the new transponders and then a scan should find your missing channels

Here's the latest generated one

Attachments

• satellites.xml.zip
    17.5 KB · Views: 16
unzip and put into var/etc and reboot worked for me

Dave
Where do i send this file to, whats the path?

Thanks

Ignore that file please. Things have been moving quickly today, with the new 28.2E sat dropping into the stream. The file that Wiz attached is from Ronan Collins (over there in the Emerald Isle) earlier today, and it DOES get all your channels back.

BUT- it's missing a vital transponder needed for GetEPG to work in C14.7 - so the modded file I'm attaching now will correct this issue. After you un-rar it, ftp it to /var/etc/ to overwrite the existing one. And then:

GetEPG users set to load EPG at boot - temporarily DISABLE this option in Settings > Green

REBOOT box (so neutrino reads the new sats into memory).

RUN AutoBouquets to update all the revised services (and create updated RT-EPG or GetEPG maps as an automatic follow-on)

The rest is self-evident, I think. We're holding off from a C14.7 online update with this new stuff until we can see that the dust has settled.

Cheers- AL ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Working now thanks Al, How long do we need to keep disable the get epg on reboot for ?
will set my location now work ?
can i send a local.scan file to edit out the channels i don't want ?

Thanks

Ignore that file please.......The file that Wiz attached is from Ronan Collins (over there in the Emerald Isle) earlier today, and it DOES get all your channels back.

Incorrect,I am, believe it or not able to generate a satellite.xml file myself :p

BUT- it's missing a vital transponder needed for GetEPG to work in C14.7

Correct but who could have foreseen that bit lol :D

Wiz- this might be WIP still at Islesworth, we don't know how they're handling the changeover, m8. It may well transpire that the the 'fix' line I manually added to satellites.xml (to keep the GetEPG radio data channel transponder in the C14.7 image) may well have moved elsewhere tomorrow, leaving my patched line as deadwood...

If that's the case, GetEPG will be be busted again, as we use a static tsid-onid-sid string to pzapit to this epg-gathering radio channel. No big deal, and easy to sort. But thinking about getting the TSid/Sid data for this channel dynamically in future, just to make things more robust, when they they make these sort of fundamental changes...

Cheers (and apologies for any typos, as I'm slightly inebriated, LOL!) - AL ;)

Which file do we use ?As there is only 1 file in this thread and thats by wiz .

The one I'm reattaching here, please. (I think Wiz removed my previous attachment?)

The file that Wiz shared will get all the channels back, but it is missing the vital 07FD transponder, meaning that C14.7 GetEPG will not work! Sorry for the confusion, m8

Cheers- AL :)

Attachments

• satellites.rar
    12.1 KB · Views: 34
The one I'm reattaching here, please. (I think Wiz removed my previous attachment?)

The file that Wiz shared will get all the channels back, but it is missing the vital 07FD transponder, meaning that C14.7 GetEPG will not work! Sorry for the confusion, m8

Cheers- AL :)

No I didnt remove it m8,I remove some extra smilie code which was copied and pasted from ukcvs as it wouldnt display properly,unless that remove the attachment although it shouldnt??

Wish i'd read this thread earlier.
I've reflashed my box twice and i'm now using another 500 that i've flashed with 14.7 thinking my image/box was goosed.

I'll try installing that file now.
Cheers al for all your hard work.

Wish i'd read this thread earlier.
I've reflashed my box twice and i'm now using another 500 that i've flashed with 14.7 thinking my image/box was goosed.

I'll try installing that file now.
Cheers al for all your hard work.

lol, i done much the same yesterday.

ran autobouquets because a kids channel was missing.
an hour or so of head scratching later and i found this thread..

looks like i picked a cracker of a day to autobouquet..

AL's file fixed it though.. ;)

Last edited:
Getting auto bouquet error today , it downloads a file to repair but is unsuccessful , some thing to do with primetime , or does it need another updated sattellite xml ?

Getting auto bouquet error today , it downloads a file to repair but is unsuccessful , some thing to do with primetime , or does it need another updated sattellite xml ?

Just try scan at a different time as some are getting this error but most are not,
If its still happening tomorrow I'm sure AL will be along with a fix, if needed :)

Just try scan at a different time as some are getting this error but most are not,
If its still happening tomorrow I'm sure AL will be along with a fix, if needed :)

Ok will do thanks mate .

Hi all,

I've changed the satellite.xml file but my transponder scan keeps failing???

Any ideas?

Thanks

Back