Latest C14.7 22nd October 2013 online update goes LIVE!

how do you make custom bouquets ? So that when autobouquets is run the channels i have moved stay the way i set them and not tevert back to default order ?

Read the "Customizing Bouquets.txt" file. This has instructions on how to make custom bouquets.

Text File can be found with the download files when you downloaded 14.7 Image. It can also be found by pressing "Blue" button and selecting "TuxBox Commander", the file is located there.

Had a go yesterday and worked.

how come sometimes the remote stops working and i have to hit it to get it working again any fix for that?

Sajon you are on the verge of copping an infraction for thread spoiling.

Hi,

could I use this image on the cable side of things? If so where do I put the cables.xml because have tried it in var/etc, leaving as is & change mod the file to 755 & still only kabel deautland in scanning options?

Thanks
Calisto

C14.7 reputably works fine on DM500C boxes and /var/etc is the correct folder for your cables.xml file. However, you'll need to edit /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf so that the provider name in this line:

satNameNoDiseqc=

exactly matches the name in the <cable name=" field of the cables.xml file. If you are in UK and your scan is successful but even FTA channels are black screen, then you probably need to reset scan.conf from QAM 64 to QAM 256 with this edit:

TP_mod=5

and then scan again

Cheers- AL :)

nope, needs new tools for cable, for bouquets and epg :)
for E1 and E2

i reflashed my dm500s in the end as i had the openvpn issues since the big update, thats sorted the problem out, something must of gone wrong after the previous update.

C14.7 reputably works fine on DM500C boxes and /var/etc is the correct folder for your cables.xml file. However, you'll need to edit /var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf so that the provider name in this line:

satNameNoDiseqc=

exactly matches the name in the <cable name=" field of the cables.xml file. If you are in UK and your scan is successful but even FTA channels are black screen, then you probably need to reset scan.conf from QAM 64 to QAM 256 with this edit:

TP_mod=5

and then scan again

Thanks for the info Al, done all that you wrote, changed the satNameNoDiseqc= to what is in the cable xml but when I scan, the scan says finished as soon as you start it.

Here is the cable.xml I am using & edited scan.config.

Thanks again
Calisto

Attachments

• cables.xml
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
  • scan.rar
    301 bytes · Views: 2
Have finally got to scn all the cable channels using this scan.config & cable.xml

Can upload my back up of Commando 14.7 for cable if anyone wants it?

Attachments

• scan.rar
    252 bytes · Views: 3
  • cables.rar
    675 bytes · Views: 3
The difference between your cables.xml (of unknown origin) is this, Callisto:

Mine:
<cable name="CableUK" flags="9">

Yours:
<cable name="Careful please!" satfeed="true" flags="9">

Now, that's a dead giveaway, isn't it, the bit in red?

And let's not get blasé with provider names in attachments please!!! Unless we want to see a repeat of April 2009...

Cheers- AL ;)

The difference between your cables.xml (of unknown origin) is this, Callisto:

Mine:
<cable name="CableUK" flags="9">

Yours:
<cable name="Careful please!" satfeed="true" flags="9">

Now, that's a dead giveaway, isn't it, the bit in red?

And let's not get blasé with provider names in attachments please!!! Unless we want to see a repeat of April 2009...

Cheers- AL ;)

Thanks Al & I have been told off, will not happen again, sorry.

Hi star life ok channel has gone just wondering if i need to update sattelite xml again as scanned and still missing

"Star Life OK" is fine here, m8. If your box is connected to the web, then try setting AutoBouquets to Fast Mode and then run AutoBouquets again. This will only take around 4 minutes, by downloading my services and bouquets from the ukcvs host, which I update most mornings.

Cheers- AL ;)

Okmate will do

Is it set through service scan menu ?

Never mind found it

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried fast mode , but still blank

Tried fast mode on but still blank

Last edited by a moderator:
Very strange came on for 30 secs then froze and blank screen again

Time to investigate your dish alignment, lnb, cabling and so on, then, sorry... That's why Scan isn't collecting it.

Other one-off channels on the same 0900 transponder include "CBS Drama" and "Starz TV" - if you hit the same problem with them, then the issue deffo lies at your end.

Feedback on what the actual problem was for you might help others in the same situation, m8?

Especially with these gale-force winds skewing peep's crap-mounted Sly-installed mini dishes on their skinny poles out of alignment! Come on, what was YOUR resolution, please?

Cheers- AL :confused:

Back