Attention users still on C14.7 DM500 !!!

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
When Commando 15.0 DM500 was released a couple of weeks ago, Team Commando had made the decision to go for a fresh start with an image reflash, and stated that we did NOT have any plans to make a C15.0 upgrade available as a C14.7 Online Update.

We have mellowed... We realize that there are a number of C14.7 users out there who cannot (for one reason or another) apply the easy reflash procedure and get the latest C15.0b release and update from yesterday, 15 Feb 2014, up and running...

So, press your Online Update button NOW, and you'll be on C15.0b inside 2 minutes! Please be aware that it will STILL be a fresh start, though!

1. The update will NOT affect any personal 3rd party files that may have been added to our FTA image (for testing and educational purposes), promise!

2. Please run SML again when prompted at boot. Same GUI, but underlying coding has changed in C15 - if you miss it, go BLUE > BLUE > GREEN and there is SML, only takes a few secs... As the default location is London, with a bang up to date set of services and bouquets.

3. And then run AutoBouquets on BLUE > 2 and prepare to be gobsmacked!

Welcome to Commando 15.0b !!!

Cheers- TC

Attachments

• 0-NEW in C15 release.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 00-NEW in updates.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 7
I dusted off an old 500 last week that was up in the loft. I flashed the Commando image and to say the least, I was dumb struck, and blinded by the sheer brilliance in the way it's been packed.

A remarkable leap forward and I respect every single one of the Commando team.

I suspect in a couple of years I won't need my current 800 HD due to cataracts lol - but the upside is that I will then have a user friendly 500 DB model with a top image to drop back to :)

All the best

I suspect in a couple of years I won't need my current 800 HD due to cataracts lol - but the upside is that I will then have a user friendly 500 DB model with a top image to drop back to :)

Yeah its a real pity the 500 doesnt have a usb port as I can only imagine what Al and the gang could achieve on the pvr front .

I dusted off an old 500 last week that was up in the loft. I flashed the Commando image and to say the least, I was dumb struck, and blinded by the sheer brilliance in the way it's been packed.

A remarkable leap forward and I respect every single one of the Commando team.

All the best

I too have cateracts in both eyes, and shied away from having an op... Have now changed my mind, and decided to go for it. I hope you do too, m8..

Cheers- AL ;)

Yeah its a real pity the 500 doesnt have a usb port as I can only imagine what Al and the gang could achieve on the pvr front .

Despite the lack of a USB port on our little DM500 box, Commando ain't really that far away from PVR. Check out the 09-Recording to a mounted drive.txt helpfile...

Agreed, you're NOT gonna be recording a film while watching soccer, sadly!

Cheers- AL :)

I have updated and great.
I will mess about with the remotes as last time on 14.7.

thanks again.

Another great image from the guys, well done.
Just a couple of questions, a friend is on this image and wants to rearrange the channel order but we cant figure out how to do this on 15.0. Any ideas ?
Or can you make a favourites bouquet ?
On my 500 the cam has a habit of switching off after it runs the auto bouquet timer.
It was doing it on 14.7 as well. It probably does it about 3/4 times a week, is anyone else having this problem ?

Also just noticed if you add a channel to favourites it creates a new folder but when autobouquet runs it wipes it out !

Last edited:
Charlie- the answers to ALL of your queries are in the Helpiles that takes us ages to update, write and format, only for 99% of Commando users never to bother to browse this valuable and time-saving info resource...

The helpfiles come packaged as a info.rar file with C15 release images, and they are also located in /var/etc/info where they can be studied onscreen, via TuxCom, or via FTP.

Cheers- AL :confused:

Cheers Al , I've read through the whole of the ComTux on the tv but never thought of looking on the pc files
I'll check that out asap.
Edit
I've read all that and it says its easy to change the channel order but doesn't tell you how to do it unless i've missed something.

Last edited:
ok i think i know what to do now.
Do i edit them on the pc with Dcc and notepad++

Yes m8 you do,although I prefer a dedicated FTP program like Filezilla instead of DCC,but that's just personal preference :)

Cheers Wiz
So just to clarify, its the custom_sort_5.txt that you edit ?

If you are creating your own bouquet then yes I think it's number 5,or you can just edit number 1 to your liking as your in the UK, number 2 is for the Republic I think :)

Sent from my 1080P-N003 using Tapatalk

Back