Latest C14.7 19th September 2013 online update goes LIVE!

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
TC proudly announces that the latest online update for C14.7 has just gone LIVE on your little DM500S box! Two months in the making, and well over 100 man/hours input, in order to create the best Commando user experience yet!

Only 5% of users will even bother to read the attached "Wotznew" doc, in order to find out what has has enriched their image since 19th July 2013, and (more to the point) how to work our new functions. Sad...

So for those of you who cannot be bothered to spend 10 minutes reading summat that took us 2 hours to write in order to HELP you, here's the rufty-tufty lowdown:

Press GREEN to restart your softcam
Press TV to cure lip-sync drift
Press TEXT to get text (if available)

Feedback, bug reports, etc welcome, as always!

Enjoy! TC ;)

Attachments

• C14-7_wotznew_19-09-2013.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 38
another great updates lads , welldone all

one thing tho lol . my epg timer seems to be playing up . can someone post a good working timer selection for me to try

cheers
lm using this now
shot2.jpg

Just remove the timer for GetEPG, autobouquets runs EPG after its run and its all in the back ground :)

That setup looks fine to me SR, but I would suggest a tighter more racy scenarion for you, m8...

Obviously, adjust the kick-in time to suit your own circumstances. DELETE the getepg timer. Set GetEPG to load at boot. Re-time the AutoBouquets timer for, say, 0500?

What happens then, from us control freaks?

0500- AutoBouquets kicks in
0510 (ish)- GetEPG automapping kicks in
0512 (ish)- Auto reboot
0513 (ish)- GetEPG autoloads
0517 (ish)- voilá!

So that lot is on just ONE daily timer. I use it day in and day out. Trust me...

Cheers- AL ;)

Hi dont know if its just me but when i press the info button on a program it does not give details about that program, just say "genre motors length 60 min" but dont give info about the program like it did before update .
And on some channels it will say things like more screenings onthis channel and show lots of times .

Hi dont know if its just me but when i press the info button on a program it does not give details about that program, just say "genre motors length 60 min" but dont give info about the program like it did before update .
And on some channels it will say things like more screenings onthis channel and show lots of times .

Mine is doing the same but not on all channels :)

Most channels grab Long Descriptions for 18 hours from the time GetEPG is loaded. All the +1 time-shifted channels are 0 hours, as the details can be got from the parent channel. All the crap bouquets were set to zero epg full stop.

We don't really touch this sort of stuff in updates apart from the odd surgical insertion and/or deletion.

Cheers- AL :)

So if i go back to the image before update will i get the info again ? As it frustrating when you want to know the info of the program but nothing is there .

So if i go back to the image before update will i get the info again ? As it frustrating when you want to know the info of the program but nothing is there .

you could always edit you rdmap.dat file with notebook++ that will do the job, just change the part I marks in red :).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Eh? Those two channels were 018 in the C17.7 Jan 2013 release and have not been touched through eleven online updates, napster!

@SR: Please give us an idea of exactly which channels you're referring to here, m8.

Cheers- AL :confused:

Eh? Those two channels were 018 in the C17.7 Jan 2013 release and have not been touched through eleven online updates, napster!

@SR: Please give us an idea of exactly which channels you're referring to here, m8.

Cheers- AL :confused:

I know m8 I was just using that as an example of which part to change :)

I not complaining about it m8, I just said it happens to me on a few channels, its something that I take no notice of, I was just pointing out what bit to change so he got his info, but I'm sure I have ask this before, don't it take up more memory space used

I applied the Sept 19 update but the radio times epg no longer seems to work.
Anyone else have this issue ?

Fano- please run automap generator in RT-EPG Utilities and attach the resulting rtmap.xml file (in /var/tuxbox/config) 'as' rtmap.xml.txt and also the rtmap.dat usermap file 'as' rtmap.dat.txt

Only surgical change made in last update to your existing rtmap.dat file was to add the "BBC Interactive" section, which was fine for me in repeated tests.

I can then take a look at your files and advise. Cheers- AL :)

Thanks Al
I tried reflashing the box with a previous backup to see if that would make any difference.
I applied the Sep 19th update and the RT EPG worked correctly but when I ran Autobouquets it no longer worked .Autobouquets seemed to run correctly ,bouquets look ok .

I then changed my location to see if that would make any difference but RT EPG still doesn't work.
Get-EPG works correctly .

Enclosed are the two files you requested.
Many thanks
Fano

Fano- please run automap generator in RT-EPG Utilities and attach the resulting rtmap.xml file (in /var/tuxbox/config) 'as' rtmap.xml.txt and also the rtmap.dat usermap file 'as' rtmap.dat.txt

Only surgical change made in last update to your existing rtmap.dat file was to add the "BBC Interactive" section, which was fine for me in repeated tests.

I can then take a look at your files and advise. Cheers- AL :)

Attachments

• rtmap.dat.txt
    5 KB · Views: 9
  • rtmap.xml.txt
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
Fano- the new "BBC Interactive" insertion seems to have gone wrong for you, but not for me. So your rtmap.xml file is corrupted down the bottom, on account of:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

... that spurious extra </map> closing tag on account of the empty "bbc interactive" bouquet section... But WTF is it empty, I ask myself? Do you see a "BBC Interactive" bouquet containinig "BBCi 1" and "BBCi 2" over there in the Emerald Isle???

Quick Fix for you in the meantime: remove the three lines in rtmap.dat concerning BBC Interactive, and then autogen a new map. All should be well then, and it'll give us chance to await your feedback and see if this needs to be conditional, or maybe removed...

Cheers- AL ;)

Fano- the new "BBC Interactive" insertion seems to have gone wrong for you, but not for me. So your rtmap.xml file is corrupted down the bottom, on account of:

Code:

... that spurious extra </map> closing tag on account of the empty "bbc interactive" bouquet section... But WTF is it empty, I ask myself? Do you see a "BBC Interactive" bouquet containinig "BBCi 1" and "BBCi 2" over there in the Emerald Isle???

Quick Fix for you in the meantime: remove the three lines in rtmap.dat concerning BBC Interactive, and then autogen a new map. All should be well then, and it'll give us chance to await your feedback and see if this needs to be conditional, or maybe removed...

Cheers- AL ;)

Thanks Al
I have a BBC Interactive bouquet with 2 channels in it ,they work properly.
I removed the 3 lines but autogen left them in the rtmap.xl ,very odd,I have to delete them manually from rtmap.xl.
RT-EPG worked after this mod.

Out of curiousity I installed a fresh 14.7 image ,the Jan release and then applied the updates and ran Autobouquets but had the same error with RT-EPG .
Weird .

Clocked it! Bad copy 'n paste in my installer script (from a similar routine that conditionally patches this stuff into the GetEPG rdmap.dat usermap file):
Code:

The | vertical bars after both channel names do NOT belong in rtmap.dat and there are other syntax errors too. Their presence explains why the rtmap.xml built from it is corrupt. This has been sorted for the next online update.

Meanwhile, edit the last 3 lines of your rtmap.dat to read as follows:

Code:

but remember that Auntie isn't carrying epg for these, so the epg-id codes in bold red are the ones for GetEPG and require the RD2RT preload treatment in /var/etc/channels_rt.cfg where mine look like this:

1;2051;9974;BBCi 1
1;2052;9973;BBCi 2

and even then, "BBCi 2" though having an epg-id, is not yet carrying epg in the stream. In hindight, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to patch this into RT-EPG...

Cheers- AL :Mad2:

Last edited:
Clocked it! Bad copy 'n paste in my installer script (from a similar routine that conditionally patches this stuff into the GetEPG rdmap.dat usermap file):
Code:

The | vertical bars after both channel names do NOT belong in rtmap.dat and there are other syntax errors too. Their presence explains why the rtmap.xml built from it is corrupt. This has been sorted for the next online update.

Meanwhile, edit the last 3 lines of your rtmap.dat to read as follows:

Code:

but remember that Auntie isn't carrying epg for these, so the epg-id codes in bold red are the ones for GetEPG and require the RD2RT preload treatment in /var/etc/channels_rt.cfg where mine look like this:

1;2051;9974;BBCi 1
1;2052;9973;BBCi 2

and even then, "BBCi 2" though having an epg-id, is not yet carrying epg in the stream. In hindight, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to patch this into RT-EPG...

Cheers- AL :Mad2:

Thanks Al,good man ,I am keeping you on your toes

Back