Latest C14.7 22nd October 2013 online update goes LIVE!

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
Well, as the dust finally seems to have settled from Rupert and his snotty-nosed little oiks playing with their shiny new 28.2E satellite, it's high time we had a new online C14.7 update, yeah?

Another root update with loadsa new features, all explained in the attached readme. So please READ, yes?

As always, feedback is welcome, even if you cannot fault it. If you can, we want to know! Contrary to popular belief, we won't bite your head off for reporting any apparent bugs or anomalies you might stumble across. New ideas are always welcome, too! We're very proactive, and quick(ish) to respond.

ENJOY! TC ;)

Attachments

• C14-7_wotznew_22-10-2013.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 50
Thanks.
I have updated by online update.
Will have to get to a pc as when I open your attachment my mobile crashes.
Though I imagine same notes on updated version which is scanning.
Looking good and I will have a good play especially my mobile remote

My attachment is a plain and simple TEXT file, m8, which should 'crash' nobody's pc, tab, nor smartphone...

Excellent read of the release notes so far, thanks! We really appreciate you guys and gals taking a few minutes to browse how we're trying to help YOU to enrich your viewing experience on C14.7 freesat here...

Cheers- TC ;)

thanks for the update al
it goes without saying really appreciate all the hard work yourself and the team do to keep this great image going.
as it my opinion its whats kept my 500s alive
have a virtual beer on me :drink:

BTW, on account of this morning's name change of "Greatest Hits TV" to "NOW Music" - we've done a small and fast unannounced online update patch today. As this rename has repercussions in yesterday's automap superscript, when a user wants to re-create a new rdmap.dat file from scratch via the Toolbox menu.

On the ball, or what?

Cheers- AL ;)

@Wiz: Help please m8...

Based on our 21st October C14.7 newbuild for the following day's online update, someone suggested we release an updated C14.7 image

So we've done that today, so it's bang up to date in every respect we can think of m8.

Can you append my attachment to the Jan 2013 C14.7 release thread in post #1 please, preserving the original, so that DWZ users can opt for which one they want to run with?

You'll find brief release notes in the expected place, if you choose to add them too. And then nuke this post, LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

Attachments

• Commando_14-7-dm500-updated_23-10-2013.rar
    4.8 MB · Views: 37
@Wiz: Help please m8...

Based on our 21st October C14.7 newbuild for the following day's online update, someone suggested we release an updated C14.7 image

So we've done that today, so it's bang up to date in every respect we can think of m8.

Can you append my attachment to the Jan 2013 C14.7 release thread in post #1 please, preserving the original, so that DWZ users can opt for which one they want to run with?

You'll find brief release notes in the expected place, if you choose to add them too. And then nuke this post, LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

Sorry AL it looks like Abu has taken it upon him self to add it somewhere here,not that he shouldn't,
but exactly where I'm not sure because if I follow his edited download it brings me round in circles lol

I will leave this clean image attached here till we figure it out :)

ive updated to 14.7 looks nice update.. quick Q though. on my 14.6 im sure there was a file that can be edited to change the remote control button functions so the < > buttons next to 0 weren't the volume buttons and didn't work the wrong way around

can someone guide me there to the path.. or is there a modded file already out there?

ive updated to 14.7 looks nice update.. quick Q though. on my 14.6 im sure there was a file that can be edited to change the remote control button functions so the < > buttons next to 0 weren't the volume buttons and didn't work the wrong way around

can someone guide me there to the path.. or is there a modded file already out there?

Without reading the manual I'm sure thats already a menu option in the image somewhere now

I know on the dm800 you mod the keymap file In usr/share/enigma2
but the 500 doesn't have that folder nor can I find keymap file

I found the option to switch the volume buttons..

al.. what would you suggest as the best/most effective timer setup.. I been trying to find a post you wrote a while ago with a good/effective setup. I notice 14.7 has no reboot plugin anymore

I know on the dm800 you mod the keymap file In usr/share/enigma2
but the 500 doesn't have that folder nor can I find keymap file

You dont need to edit any file, its an option under one of the buttons afaik

i think (from memory so maybe wrong) its in the toolkit.

blue>toolkit>options

i'm sure its there or there abouts..

not at home the now, so cannot check :)

yep I found that option now :) just need to setup timers.. trying to find the best setup. for getepg and I guess I may run autobouquets more often also.

Last edited:
i just set get epg on startup, on takes a minute or two and looks really cool when its doing its stuff.. :)

i only run autoboquets if i come across a channel that has an error...
wouldn't hurt to run it once a week/month now that it can be done quickly in turbo mode..

Last edited:
@Sajon: Neutrino doesn't have 'skins' like are found in E1, it has 'Themes', which you'll find in Settings > OSD
@grantsmith: The old 14.6 Reboot Plugin was retired when we discovered that timer "Type" Shutdown actually reboots the DM500 box. So we simply relabelled that function to Reboot Box instaad.

My own preferred daily Timer setup (with EPG set to load at boot) is to have just the one timer to run AutoBouquets at 07:05 each day. This does the whole caboodle, including saving the files needed for users running ABs in Fast Mode to my server.

Note that where users do NOT have epg set to load at boot, the box will no longer automatically reboot after ABs has finished.

Cheers- AL :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sajon: Neutrino doesn't have 'skins' like are found in E1, it has 'Themes', which you'll find in Settings > OSD
@grantsmith: The old 14.6 Reboot Plugin was retired when we discovered that timer "Type" Shutdown actually reboots the DM500 box. So we simply relabelled that function to Reboot Box instaad.

My own preferred daily Timer setup (with EPG set to load at boot) is to have just the one timer to run AutoBouquets at 07:05 each day. This does the whole caboodle, including saving the files needed for users running ABs in Fast Mode to my server.

Note that where users do NOT have epg set to load at boot, the box will no longer automatically reboot after ABs has finished.

Al: I'm I missing something here where is the option for fast mode in autobouquet is this auto or do I need to setup something so it runs every morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al: I'm I missing something here where is the option for fast mode in autobouquet is this auto or do I need to setup something so it runs every morning.

That's unlike you to be missing something, napster! ;)

It's in the AutoBouquets Wizard (which seemed the most sensible place for it, LOL!)

BLUE > BLUE > GREEN > GREEN

That's unlike you to be missing something, napster! ;)

It's in the AutoBouquets Wizard (which seemed the most sensible place for it, LOL!)

BLUE > BLUE > GREEN > GREEN

That explains it, as I have a timer setup I don't go into that section, if I run it manually I just press blue and 3 I think it is :)

Back