Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is downgrading VM subscription safe?

GaryTheGolfer

Inactive User
Hi everyone,

I have DM500C and I am very happy with it...and all its channels! I also have a legit Samsung 2100C with a VM L(arge) subscription. Both are connected through a splitter and booster (the latter fitted to DM leg).

My question is can I safely reduce my subscription to VM's M(edium)? I have VM phone and Broadband, so the basic TV is free/included. I have spent much time reading/searching forum but haven't managed to find much info.

Do I need to disconnect my DM/splitter/Amp before phoning VM to downgrade?

Are there any "traps" eg Do VM look to see what channels the legit box has viewwed recently.....not much in my case since I watch the DM of course.

Will the downgrade instruction to the Sammy succeed (through the splitter)?

Have I missed anything?

Thanks in Advance

Yeah you should be able to downgrade safely just tell them you hardly ever watch tv and your not paying for a service you don't use.

you can end ur tv subb and still get the channels as long as u keep ur broadband so u have a live connection into ur home although u will get a weaker signal if you end ur subb (like i do) so get a booster the one the members r raving about in the dreambox section i am lookin to get one wen the guy has more in on ebay

booster
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

topic about booster
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=127269

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I always disconnect my 'aftermarket' equipment if I have to phone VM, just to be safe.

I don't pay for a TV package at all, just phone and 10MB broadband...I think that's enough lol. TV and BB are in the same coax feed so pay for one, get both. ;)

I dowqngraded to tv M for free with phone after I got my dream. No problems but like devil I disconnect my dream :D

I only kept teh M package as I like catchup TV (when it works)

I totally cancelled my service, as my bills used to be flavour of the month. Cancelled phone/tv the lot. Engineer came and collected the tv box, which i replaced with a dreambox. Never had a problem, and its been over 6 months.
Moved over to aol for bb on a bt line

Back