Virgin Media / Zgemma H2H - Is Attenuation dB important ?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have a VM line on a Zgemma H2H box and keep missing some channels/glitching....I am trying to find out if it's the VM line supplier or my end.

It updates Autobouquets everynight and i have no dB signal attenuators fitted to balance signal between Modem/H2H.

I just checked my signal strength and its -

SNR - 73% 37dB
BER - 0 (as expected)
Signal - Green Tick (as expected)

Anyone think they will make a difference if i fitted one to modem or the box or is it just for Virmin to balance the signal for their side.

I'm thinking it's VM line providers end myself...Anyone

Cheers

If it's just the same certain channels, then it's more than likely your signal strength.

73% ??

If i try a Attenuator on my router then in theory my Signal Strength should increase on box ??

I have bloody loads of them in various values fron NTL days..lol

73% ??

If i try a Attenuator on my router then in theory my Signal Strength should increase on box ??

I have bloody loads of them in various values fron NTL days..lol

Would be better to see if what your router is getting signal wise in terms of DB or it could drop out if you use a dropper.

Receivers can suffer from to much signal in the same way they suffer from a low signal.

So if you have an over signal problem then an Attenuator will certianly help.

as suggested above check hub levels

when you do this i find its best to do screen shots and try it with direct feed and then with it split to see difference (no extras like attentuators)

Back