Dummies Guide To Setting Up The EPG?

_BAZ

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm raring to go with my Zgemma H7C box and in my head it's gonna look like a like-for-like replica of a certain UK satellite provider's EPG. Without the Q cos I prefer the old interface. ;)

Is this possible?

I'm still learning so please bear with me but the channel categories are known as Bouquets, right? Like bunches of flowers; cute. Anyway, I guess I want a bouquet for like "Entertainment" (as opposed to "all channels" with is the first category on the real version), "Documentaries," "Kids," "Movies," "Sports," "News," "Music" and then my own additions like "PPV" and "International Sports" etc.

I've done some research, either on here or asking on various social media platforms and been recommended a multitude of options - E-Channelizer, something called Jedi, another one called Xtreme Editor, something known simply as Suls' script, using the bouquet editor in OpenWebIF, and probably others I've already forgot. To me Suls' script seems about the best. Mainly because a) it's free and b) it seems to do a lot of the legwork for you.

However I'm not averse to putting it a lot of effort to get it right. Is it possible to really make your EPG your own? Or does a lot of it depend on the source? My IPTV comes in the form of a long URL M3U playlist (afaik) like this: (obviously edited):

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

So this is what I'm working with.

I also have a satellite "line" but I'm yet to read up on them so I'm literally clueless on that front.

However the second part of my question is in regards to mixing sources in the same bouquet.

Let's say for example in the Sports bouquet, I will want most of the sports channels to come through IPTV. However, I'd like the ones fronted by a classic British telephony service, that happen to show Champions League matches, to come through my satellite dish. Is it possible to have them listed this way in my EPG?

If so, what's the best way to go about it?

And finally, I've noticed a lot of people set their zgemma boxes to update in the early hours of every morning. Seems good. Will my alterations survive said updates? And if I ever need to rescan - for example a new channel called BBC Scotland went on air tonight so a rescan would be necessary for it to appear - will the channels stay in my desired order and in their assigned bouquets?

I hope everything I've asked makes sense. I really appreciate as much guidance as I can get with this cos if I can get it looking and acting like my old providers EPG, the wife won't murder me for having all the sports channels, cos she'll be able to find The Passage and Dr Who and whatever else she likes, without stressing over where the channels are. Meanwhile, my 17 year old daughter is fully-versed in finding Cbeebies no matter what, and I think she'd still find it if the EPG was in Chinese, so I needn't worry on that front.

Thanks in advance.

If it is IPTV your using echannalizer will convert the m3u to bouquets loads of youtube guides for that of using the slues script will add the epg to the likes of crossepg.

Decide what your going to use and we can advise.

Back