### \/irgin+ v2.1 Lite (fta) Image!! ###

Press blue then yellow then delete the preset timers.......they're for 7 day EPG collection and won't work unless used in conjuction with an epgfilter.xml file.

Oi, Rod! That's a bit negative and counter-productive for a man of your calibre!

You've only got to tweak the times and channels (except PVR_EPG of course) in the daily Timers, to suit your own life-style and sleeping routines.

Plus I've gone to the trouble of using a sample epgfilter.xml file in the image, which contains a helpful text header guiding the newbies on how easy it is to set this feature up!!

Oh well.... Cheers- AL

Oi, Rod! That's a bit negative and counter-productive for a man of your calibre!

You've only got to tweak the times and channels (except PVR_EPG of course) in the daily Timers, to suit your own life-style and sleeping routines.

Plus I've gone to the trouble of using a sample epgfilter.xml file in the image, which contains a helpful text header guiding the newbies on how easy it is to set this feature up!!

Oh well.... Cheers- AL

OK, Here's some positive feed back on how to set up an epgfilter.xml file and getting it to work properly.

Epgfilter.xml.

Using the dbox built in bouquet editor, create a new bouquet called ‘crap’
Include all the channels that you want now’n’next only EPG info for ie those channels that you rarely watch. This should be quite a long list !! since, ultimately we are only looking for around 100 or so channels with full 7 day EPG functionality.
Next use a text editor like metapad ( not notepad or wordpad ) to create your epgfilter.xml file.
Open your newly saved bouquets.xml file then copy everything listed under ‘crap’ and paste into your epgfilter.xml file so that it looks like this, ( note that I have only shown two channels !!! )

<epgfilter is_whitelist="0" except_current_next="1">
<channel name="BBC ONE" onid="0031" tsid="003c" serviceID="0003"/>
<channel name="BBC1 N" onid="0031" sid="003c"serviceID="0004"/>
</epgfilter>
Remember to add the <epgfilter is_whitelist="0" except_current_next="1"> at the top and the </epgfilter> at the bottom.

Next you need to open your services.xml and strip out all duplicates, data files etc so that it only includes the channels you want ie those for 7 days EPG and those for now’n’next only.
For 7 days EPG to work you must have the PVR_EPG channel in your services.xml file and listed in one of your dbox bouquets

Copy your new services.xml and epgfilter.xml to var/tuxbox/config/zapit.

Reboot your box then go to the miscellaneous settings menu where you need to alter some EPG settings as follows.

EPG cache = 7 days
EPG long descriptions = 8 hours
EPG remove after = 0 hours
Max events = 24000

You may need to mess about with these settings to suit your own set up.

For the 7 days EPG to work you need to zap to the PVR_EPG channel after a reboot.

Depending on your ratio of channels you want 7 days EPG to the number of channels you want now’n’next only determines the time you need to spend on the PVR_EPG channel after a reboot……..this can only be found out after some trial and error !! anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes would be ‘normal’.

PaphosAL’s ******+ image has some neat timers set up under the blue/yellow buttons whereby the box shuts down, reboots and collects all the 7 day EPG data through the night, however these timers are for his own personal setup……..change the settings to suit yourself once you know your own optimum settings.

Good luck

PaphosAL

Got your image working on a seriously, seriously temperamental Dodgy Sagem 2x that was knackered even with Andromeda V2 and Blade Quad with Gbox keys copy. 3hrs and going strong, and for this box, that's good going!

I'll keep you updated

Looking forward to trying this image on a dody Sagem.

PaphosAL

Got your image working on a seriously, seriously temperamental Dodgy Sagem 2x that was knackered even with Andromeda V2 and Blade Quad with Gbox keys copy. 3hrs and going strong, and for this box, that's good going!

I'll keep you updated

not a single problem last night with 7 hours running

no problems today either

i got a funny problem - on some of the movies channels, it keeps defaulting back to ' with audio description' For example, go to a movie channel, AD is on so i turn it off via green button. Then, press left or right to see what is on other channels - and AD comes back on!

any ideas?

Everything has been running perfectly for the past week or so, scanning works without any problems at all.

Just one small thing i noticed on the lcd status line, with "playtime" selected it shows the V+ top right & the playtime bar along the bottom, but if i changed it to "volume" the V+ vanishes & it just shows the volume bar.

So i edited the icon lcd.png to show the V+ when "volume" is selected.

The icons are located in /share/tuxbox/lcdd/icons

i got a funny problem - on some of the movies channels, it keeps defaulting back to ' with audio description' For example, go to a movie channel, AD is on so i turn it off via green button. Then, press left or right to see what is on other channels - and AD comes back on!

any ideas?
In audio Settings turn Kill Commentary with < / > off.

Hi guys...

I'm havong a bit or difficulty getting this image working for my educational purposes....

I can get the free to air channels but could someone help me out as to how to get this full image to work... I notice people mentioning CHMOD 755 to get this to work however I have no idea what that means :$... I have searched and searched but I couldn't find anything dumbed down enough for me to understand...

Could someone help me get this up and running?

I am using windows and IFA to get this image on the box which seems to have worked a treat...

Sorry guys but only a neeb to this stuff

Thanks in advance

Hi guys...

I'm havong a bit or difficulty getting this image working for my educational purposes....

I can get the free to air channels but could someone help me out as to how to get this full image to work... I notice people mentioning CHMOD 755 to get this to work however I have no idea what that means :$... I have searched and searched but I couldn't find anything dumbed down enough for me to understand...

Could someone help me get this up and running?

I am using windows and IFA to get this image on the box which seems to have worked a treat...

Sorry guys but only a neeb to this stuff

Thanks in advance

You need to get yourself versed up on File Transfer Protocol ( FTP ) otherwise it is impossible to get this image working 'fully' for educational purposes !!??

Unless, of course, you know someone who has it working and has a back up that you could flash to you box via IFA !!

Hi mate, there's a pdf file that goes along with this image...if you read that its self explanatory...tells you what goes where etc...have a look mate and if still stuck come back and we'll see what we can do for you.

:Cheers:

You need to get yourself versed up on File Transfer Protocol ( FTP ) otherwise it is impossible to get this image working 'fully' for educational purposes !!??

Unless, of course, you know someone who has it working and has a back up that you could flash to you box via IFA !!

Beat me to it Rodboy...lol

:Cheers:

Respect to the Hibee !!

Unfortunately for this fellow..........No FTP............. No educational TV !!

I have my ftp set up already and can view the files and folders and I have downloaded nagrarom 7 and I try to stick that into the var/keys folder... is this all I need to do?

What are people on about CHMOD 755?

Thanks again guys...

I have my ftp set up already and can view the files and folders and I have downloaded nagrarom 7 and I try to stick that into the var/keys folder... is this all I need to do?

Thanks again guys...

OK buddy

FTP your EMU's to var/bin/emu as instucted by AL in his readme.

Now you have to change the permissions of these files to 755 using your FTP software..............if you don't then the image will not function 'fully'

Thanks again guys...

PM sent m8.

guys your advice has been amazing I am doing a channel scan now and will let you know in minutes of my results....

I cannot thank you guys enough :D:D:D:D

THANKS VERY VERY MUCH :)

PM sent m8.

Loads of respect to the you and the rest of the Hibees mate...............but PMs are no use to the rest of the members on this site............coz the same questions will be asked over and over, LOL

Post your solutions here on the forum for the benefit of all the members, keeping it within the rules of course !!

LOL, the rest of the members ( 4 members, 35 guests )

Oh well, never mind

guys your advice has been amazing I am doing a channel scan now and will let you know in minutes of my results....

I cannot thank you guys enough :D:D:D:D

THANKS VERY VERY MUCH :)

The result of your channel scan is very important to the image ( creator ) modder............so be sure to post back with the results of your scan and your location.

Back