### \/irgin+ v2.1 Lite (fta) Image!! ###

cant for the life of me get this image to work !!
I have same issue too.....I'm pretty new to boxes but reading what you people have put and looking on the big man's sight, I decided to give this a go. And yes, I forgot to save my old image before embarking on upgrading - doh.
It scans and picks up all channels but only displays the free ones...? Understand I may have to ftp a few files to teh box but not sure exactly what ones - e.g. there are no keys in keylist?? If anyone could help then that would be great thanks - I live in romford and was updating my keys with the ***/ex CW rolls with my old sportster image - any help would be great thanks....is it just a casre of getting a s_r_ices.xml from someone and ftp'ing to box and rescanning - the image looks the nuts other than that + it's picked up more filth channels than old image :)

I have same issue too.....I'm pretty new to boxes but reading what you people have put and looking on the big man's sight, I decided to give this a go. And yes, I forgot to save my old image before embarking on upgrading - doh.
It scans and picks up all channels but only displays the free ones...? Understand I may have to ftp a few files to teh box but not sure exactly what ones - e.g. there are no keys in keylist?? If anyone could help then that would be great thanks - I live in romford and was updating my keys with the ***/ex CW rolls with my old sportster image - any help would be great thanks....is it just a casre of getting a s_r_ices.xml from someone and ftp'ing to box and rescanning - the image looks the nuts other than that + it's picked up more filth channels than old image :)
There is a pdf readme in the first post explaining you need to ftp camds and roms to it and were they go.

There is a pdf readme in the first post explaining you need to ftp camds and roms to it and were they go.
Thanks Ferg...do you know where I can get the camds....believe I have roms 7,10 and 11.

Put this on a friends really picky 2x Sagem, it only ever worked with Bluepeer Boxcracker image & no others & boy we must have tried alot of images but this one is working brill on it, no freezes or chirping. The set my location is spot on for medway too ;-)

Good feedback thanks, m8- and this is just the news we've waited a week to hear!

Cheers- AL :Clap:

Thanks Ferg...do you know where I can get the camds....believe I have roms 7,10 and 11.

Can't help you with cams, as I don't want a lifelong holiday from DW- but I can tell you that for the /var/keys folder, you only need to add the three rom7 files and nothing else!! Forget rom10 and 11- you don't need them, m8.

When you find your cams, these go in /var/bin/emu and must set to chmod 755 or they will not work!

Cheers- AL

Can't help you with cams, as I don't want a lifelong holiday from DW- but I can tell you that for the /var/keys folder, you only need to add the three rom7 files and nothing else!! Forget rom10 and 11- you don't need them, m8.

When you find your cams, these go in /var/bin/emu and must set to chmod 755 or they will not work!

Cheers- AL
Many thanks Al/Ferg and much appreciated, will dig deeper for cams and just use rom7.

Hi all.
Managed to get it working by doing the following:
copied the files.
changemod to 755 for the emu's
change the watchdog to AVIA (Nokia image for my nokia box)
used the mgcamd emu.

Done a scan and all the channells work, however i don't have any bouquets, can i download them from somewhere?

Done a scan and all the channells work, however i don't have any bouquets, can i download them from somewhere?

Why not make your own, its very simple.
If you haven't done it before just go to.
dbox
dbox services
bouquet editor
then hit green (add) and type the name of the bouquet.
then do the same for as many as you want.
then go into each bouquet individually and press green (add) and it will bring up a list of every channel, just go to the channel you want to add to that bouquet and press O.K and it will add a green circle to that channel, do the same for all the channels you want in that bouquet then go back and do another bouquet.
when finished just go back and press red to save.

Hi all.
Managed to get it working by doing the following:
copied the files.
changemod to 755 for the emu's
change the watchdog to AVIA (Nokia image for my nokia box)
used the mgcamd emu.

This is an image feedback thread..............download bouquets ????.........give us a break FFS

Awesome work PaphosAL :Cheers:

I've got a Sagem 1x that would freeze every few minutes since 'the changes' meant I couldn't use gbox. This image has got my spare box working again - thanks!

One small thing, when I tried to back up the image I couldn't find the img file in the tmp dir (or anywhere) is there anything I need t do first to get backups working?

Thanks again,
W.

Awesome work PaphosAL :Cheers:

I've got a Sagem 1x that would freeze every few minutes since 'the changes' meant I couldn't use gbox. This image has got my spare box working again - thanks!

One small thing, when I tried to back up the image I couldn't find the img file in the tmp dir (or anywhere) is there anything I need t do first to get backups working?

Thanks again,
W.

This may seem a silly question but best to know the facts.

Did you refresh the ftp page for /tmp, sometimes you need to refresh it to show the changes.

Couple of silly questions here.

When i put this image in standby at night, it comes out of standby by the time i get up. Cant find what is causing that.

Also cant shut down the box with the power button, just keeps flashing in and out of standby. Think this was previously uner delayed shutdown? but cant find it here.

When i put this image in standby at night, it comes out of standby by the time i get up. Cant find what is causing that.

Press blue then yellow then delete the preset timers.......they're for 7 day EPG collection and won't work unless used in conjuction with an epgfilter.xml file.

i am trying to use flash fxp and cant log in to this image has the user name and password changed its usally root then dbox2

i am trying to use flash fxp and cant log in to this image has the user name and password changed its usally root then dbox2

Its definetly root and dbox2. Did you change the ip addy to suit that of the image or change it in the image ???

Put it on finally last night - nice work Al + all involved, nice image. only took 2 minutes to drop the files in to get it work. Not tried the scan function yet as i dropped my old services/mysevices/epgfilter/bouquets files - but everything seems to work ok, can't find any faults at all. Need to modify a few channel logos must be regional differences (ITV, a couple of others). EPG works great, no faults. Always had problems with that on the old blade/andromeda images. the Blue button menu keeps all the important operations in 1 place which i like - thats the only problem with Sportsters which are my fav - you've got to hunt high and low for the functions!

1 thing i noticed, when using the left/right arrows to use the infobar to scan other channels to see whats on, the first time you press it, to bring up the infobar the sound drops out for half a second - just a blip. was just a bit noticable.

However, when i got up this morning - it wasn't doing it! lol. I'll keep an eye on it!

Otherwise - spot on mate!

it is root / dbox2 - i've just installed it and used these

Back