Commando 14.6 DM500 Release

thanks I have installed mgcamd in the emu folder and it shows in cam manager also installed newcamd.list and mg_cfg in var keys. I know these are all ok as i have taken them off my duo for testing.

sounds good so far
i take it you changed the name of the mgcamd ppc file to just mgcamd
have you installed the libcrypto file ?
as you need to ftp the libcrypto.so.0.9.7 (which is in the downloaded rar image file) to var/lib
the var keys file sounds ok as the line worked ok in the duo so the info should be ok as case sensitivity should be fine
and you have the
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
only other thing is make sure you have the duo switched off (not in standby) to make sure no line conflicts
and check network is working in the 500s
go to menu -settings-network and try network test
youre nearly there just trial and error

I sorted it lol it was set to box type 6 in mg_cfg changed it to 2 for dreambox and all is good.

I do have a couple of other questions though is there a way to set the ok button to zap and close epg plus. If not i do like the way it locks all the remote control options if you exit epg plus by pressing the menue button button but the banner is bloody anoying can it be switched off.

What banner is bloody annoying, m8? I've just exited EPG+ by using the Menu button, like you say, but all it does for me is to close EPG+ then shows the channel again. I see no 'banner'. Please explain more

Cheers- AL :)

buttons: yellow > Menu
this replicates the windows minimize function and puts an epg+ window minimized marker top right on screen while locking remote until the minimized marker is removed using exit button.

just press yellow > exit during your epg+ search and zap sequence if you want to exit epg+ correctly.

Last edited:
I sorted it lol it was set to box type 6 in mg_cfg changed it to 2 for dreambox and all is good.

well done mate! most dont bother to take the time to educating themseves, a bad workman always blames his tools and goes back to pli ;)

would be perfect if someone could tell me where I could find the minimized marker graphic so I can edit it to be a little more subtle.

would be perfect if someone could tell me where I could find the minimized marker graphic so I can edit it to be a little more subtle.
you cant edit it as its hardcoded to be written directly onto the framebuffer.

just press exit button instead of menu button when escaping epg+ screen so that you dont go into minimize mode?
the epg+ minimize mode is only really intended to be used to temporary have a quick look at the full screen picture after zapping to channel, instead of having to reload all the epg+ data again when you exit and then re-open epg+

guys can you help
in my bouquets i have 18 categories, adult nor ppv are not present there.

now if i go into options from watching a channel blue, blue, yellow, 2(auto bouquet wizard) red (auto bouquet selection)

PPV is no hide+lock
adult >> show

i dont understand why this doesnt show up on the bouquets list?
also if i goto menu, services , bouquet editer, i still see adult as locked. even though ive selected it to "show"

also if i press blue and select auto bouquets now does nothing

and if i press blue blue yellow, 2 , yellow (create auto bouquets now!) that does nothing either

Last edited:
In a parallel thread, the above issue was diagosed as a corrupt flash, and is now apparently resolved. Just thought I'd mention this, in case peeps think that C14.6 itself isn't the full shilling...

Cheers- AL ;)

Nah AL it usually turns out to be either a corrupt flash/download or user error :)

Hi guys just setting up a new dm500 for my old man but im having crackling sound and box freezing up do u think it could be the way i have flashed or a box problem i have set dish up right and all cables are fine as my dm800 works fine on his dish.

Still the same with dm00 PSU but weird thing is its fine when I run rt epg but as soon as its updated problem comes back

Well I've had this image on
For quite a few weeks now ,
Stil no mgcam success so
I've now went back to Pli max var
And everything is fine.
Each to there own I suppose.

Well I've had this image on
For quite a few weeks now ,
Stil no mgcam success so
I've now went back to Pli max var
And everything is fine.
Each to there own I suppose.

ive got it working here mate..

ftp'd mgcamd.ppc_old to /var/bin/emu
renamed the file to just mgcamd and chmod the file to 755
ftp'd mg_cfg to /var/keys
created a newcamd.list file with notepad++
edited the newcamd.list with my line:

CWS = host.blah.blag port user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan slot1 (slot1 is my reader label in oscam.server)
CWS_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 20

ftp'd the newcamd.list to /var/keys
ftp'd libcrypto.so.0.9.7 to /var/lib

blue button etc etc...

works fine mate.

Back