How much do you pay for gas/electricity?

£157 for gas and electricity per month

and the electricity is going up :(

im just in the process of switching suppliers...

with my old supplier £30 a month electric and £27 a month gas ...

changing suppliers i should be saving about £110 a year....

plus i get £70 cashback and a £60 wine voucher from uswitch :proud:

who that with m8?

im with edf there really cheap i pay round 30 to 35 pounds a month on lecky meter and gas if in winter propper cold ill be puttin in 20 pounds every 2 weeks i have my heating on all day 24/7 in winter
was with british gas before there wank

Kinnel, i thought £86 for both was bad.. wouldnt mind but we have pcs on 24/7, tvs on like all day even when not watching, fish tanks.. etc etc.. so if im paying that wtf are you doing with your leccy lol?? are you a grower??

I dont know what you mean K ;)

We pay about £80 a month for lecky.

We don't have gas (no intention of getting a supply neither), we get a delivery of oil every 6months

Currently 900 litres is £406 delivered. Our tank holds 2500 litres so we bulk buy when the price is down. We are currently holding about 2200 litres which would last us about 1.5 years.

I love the fact I can see how much I'm using from the tank etc.. and not be worried by temporary price hikes which are seen in the gas supply. Obviously 28sec Oil follows a similar path in relation to price but having the advantage of buying when its cheep works out better and cheaper than gas installations.
With the size of the house we would be paying at least 30% more with Gas.

For instance British Gas last year made millions by charging its customers inflated prices just in case their purchase gas price increased in the coming months. What they didn't want people to know was they bought the current gas reserves 3-4 years ago at half the price and charged its customers inflated prices during the worst part of the recession. They then had the audacity to run a marketing advert saying it values its customers and in turn will lower its prices. After a year of screwing its customers !!!

im on prepay meters.
at the moment we are paying around
£30 elecrtic
£20 gas

only in a small flat though....

How are you guys paying so little? i live in 3 tiny bedroom flat at the moment, its only one floor and paying 300 to 350 every 3 months for electricity and 50 fpr gas every 3 months. with EDF.
did a price comparison and it aint worth changing as i would only get it 20 quid cheaper with british gas.
got energy saving light bulbs everywhere.

do u have your readings? remember your reading isnt your actual consumption. you need to convert to volume of gas for a true comparison.

Remeber Ebico is not mentioned on any of the price comparison sites so go direct to their site to see, also used quidco to get £105 from Scottish Power

We pay 70 a month DD 30 gas, 40 leccy, i do it all online with Eon its easy plus there's rewards and money back for doing it online, i submit readings regularly and can monitor my account anytime, its the way forward.

we pay 60 a month for gas (but we are 410 in front atm) and 80 a month for electricity both are with edf and both prepayment (cant run a debt up as its like pay as you go)

only had gas for around a year and was really unsure about a high bill for the winter so been paying all summer .

always run 1 pc 24/7 kids have xboxes /pcs etc. never turn out a damn light never switch xbox or tv off after use or laptop so cant really complain .

ebico electricty isnt cheap 13.14p per unit ,edf is 7.44 p per unit in yorkshire

Back