How much do you pay for gas/electricity?

ekwat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just reading the thread about the expensive light bulbs and was wondering what everyone pays a month for their electricity.

Our house has all energy saving bulbs and has done for years. Turn most of our switches off at night except Digibox in main room as I can't be bothered and stuff like the oven and microwave screens and fridge/freezer.

We have gas oven and hob and gas c/h.

Electricity cost us £19 per month and gas £45 a month ( hoping this will reduce with new boiler fitted )

about £50 each... i feel like i'm being robbed... however, i get £100 discount a year

im just in the process of switching suppliers...

with my old supplier £30 a month electric and £27 a month gas ...

changing suppliers i should be saving about £110 a year....

plus i get £70 cashback and a £60 wine voucher from uswitch :proud:

We pay £60 gas £40 Electricity.

Also it turns out were stuck on that until we pay the so called £450 + Gas bill we occured during last winter. But thats Npower for you.

41 for gas and 45 electric .. Infact I've just today got £366 rebate as I've been paying too much.. Even though I told them and wouldn't believe me..

I paid...

£116 water (3 months)
£26.74 gas (3 months)
£115 electricity (3 months)

just had my bills this month ... I have gas and electric with Ebico, water with south west water.... not bad is it?

ps. I always ring them when my bill are due to give the meter reading as I hate "estimated reading"

I don't like the fixed direct debit thing as I always seems to be owing them money :err:

Last edited:
i have prepay meters, no choice as they was already here, the electric i used to pay £35 a month, untill the meter broke and they put a new key one in, now im paying £70 a month, but, im never here, robbing coonts, and dont even get me started on that robbing gas card meter thingy (£90 a month)

i have prepay meters, no choice as they was already here, the electric i used to pay £35 a month, untill the meter broke and they put a new key one in, now im paying £70 a month, but, im never here, robbing coonts, and dont even get me started on that robbing gas card meter thingy (£90 a month)

.... : shocked2

We pay around £80 p/m for electric and £15 for gas.

We're not on an expensive tariff though it's just that we use a lot. We have 4 pc's, 3 are on 24/7. 3 fridges, dishwasher, CCTV camera system, everything get's left on standby.

I dont care about energy saving, especially bulbs as I like to see stuff and not have to kill my eyes with dim fluorescent bulbs.

We're not into penny pinching ether.

We got stupid key meter after massive dispute with electric provider... It is litterally costing us like £30 per week if not more!

if u r changing google ebico. i done all the comparison sites and ebico has no standing charges. if u have pay and go meters then u only pay for what u use. i am saving a fortune just now with the gas.

Fair priced energy, cheap gas and electric for many with robust carbon offset

my leccy is about £50 a month, not got a handle on gas yet as its hardly used atm cos the house is warm enough.

Was paying £250 a month off npower. Now paying £179 off eon.

£60 pm on gas, and rest on electrickery.

I pay £144 month for both.
I switched to eon this yr as they said they would save me £400 but have kept my tarif the same .
I use a lot of low energy but also heating is on a lot as wife is childminder and pc's and all other shit on constant

Was paying £250 a month off npower. Now paying £179 off eon.

£60 pm on gas, and rest on electrickery.

Kinnel, i thought £86 for both was bad.. wouldnt mind but we have pcs on 24/7, tvs on like all day even when not watching, fish tanks.. etc etc.. so if im paying that wtf are you doing with your leccy lol?? are you a grower??

About 65 for leccy, around 50 for gas and around £80 on phone (landline). Have a couple of PC on 24/7 and kids are not great at switching stuff off.

We are on a fixed tariff deal from 2007 which ends in 2012 with british gas. When I compare price I am paying compared to todays price its going to be BIG jump.

if u r changing google ebico. i done all the comparison sites and ebico has no standing charges. if u have pay and go meters then u only pay for what u use. i am saving a fortune just now with the gas.

Fair priced energy, cheap gas and electric for many with robust carbon offset

my leccy is about £50 a month, not got a handle on gas yet as its hardly used atm cos the house is warm enough.

Can Vouch for Ebico . The only company I know that dont charge extra for Pre Pay Meters !

How are you guys paying so little? i live in 3 tiny bedroom flat at the moment, its only one floor and paying 300 to 350 every 3 months for electricity and 50 fpr gas every 3 months. with EDF.
did a price comparison and it aint worth changing as i would only get it 20 quid cheaper with british gas.
got energy saving light bulbs everywhere.

Summer bill, the gas in winter will match the electric ish, also were on a price protection plan, and these every quarter bills.

Electric £103.45
Gas £48.34

I'm with Ebico and I pay £28 for lecky and £40 for gas per month on the pre-pay meters.

Back