brand new nokia n95-seal on box intact-first 200 quid bags it

I also think include a landline phone number, so you can ring B4 you send any payment and NOT allow hotmail email address

found this on other forum (fae glesgae ) i take it from glasgow Posted: Sun 16 Sep, 2007 9:19 pm

69 posts on ther but not much help as there one line answers .

Last edited by a moderator:
come on daddymayhem be a man or woman and do whats right!

ok Ive done a little research on this guy and found a little info ;)
right daddymahem i see u have been online Last Activity: Yesterday 01:05

u now have 7 days to reply to my PM and sort this mess out otherwise I will be sending all info I have found to the relevent persons

just noticed this thread was 5 pages so i thought id have a nose lol!

sad to hear this is going on :( feel for the chap whos £200 short!

how bout setting up some way or verifying someone. way it would works is if anyone lives local to the seller they take the item and ship it once the money has arrived?

or

get 2 people to vouch for the seller? like ive met and know smirnoff, kabzy mabzy, s4meira, nikeUS on a personal level and theres other i know on a personal level thats i havent met! and they trust me and they could vouch for me!

or

other way would be if you want to sell anything and someones interested they need to make a £1 donation to DW that way u have there paypal details! or they have to make a deposit of amount they are selling the item for and that gets reimbursed if transaction is sucessful and parcel is received?

a few ways round its the initial implementation, i know it sounds drastic but its to protect ourselves.

Last edited:
I think if you do too many reversals in PayPal it arouses suspicion from them and could warrant account closure for strange activity. (After all PayPal can do what they want).

So that idea could be dangerous for the person holding the cash.

My idea would be for the person to send the cash to a mod (if paying NOT by PayPal), they can then confirm they have the correct amount of cash and then the seller can send the item to the buyer. The buyer then confirms the item has been received and all is ok the mod can then formward the cash to the seller.

Also if sending expensive items may I say put your postcode or something on the bottom of the product using a UV marker and photo it under UV light for evidence, just in case someone says it is broke/damaged etc and sends back a broken console/item that they had in their possesion already asking for a full refund.

This way you can prove that the console they have returned is not the one you sent and the mod can then decide if the buyer/seller is a scammer. I know this is not fool proof and can work to the sellers advantage if they are scammers but it does help the genuine people out there also. Remember you do not tell the person you are sending the item that is is coded or they will change the shell.

this thread makes me sad!!

if i were the buyer i would go round and take £200 worth of teeth and neecaps!

maybe have a DW Debt Collectors group?? lol

so if someone gets scammed who do u call?? >>>>>> The DW Team to get ur cash back...what u think by the way im a bit high ish 2day so if i refer to violence then just think of it as a joke...lol

this thread makes me sad!!

if i were the buyer i would go round and take £200 worth of teeth and neecaps!

maybe have a DW Debt Collectors group?? lol

so if someone gets scammed who do u call?? >>>>>> The DW Team to get ur cash back...what u think by the way im a bit high ish 2day so if i refer to violence then just think of it as a joke...lol

high ish? do illaberate lol

My idea would be for the person to send the cash to a mod (if paying NOT by PayPal), they can then confirm they have the correct amount of cash and then the seller can send the item to the buyer. The buyer then confirms the item has been received and all is ok the mod can then formward the cash to the seller.

I don't think the idea of sending cash through the post is a good one.
We had some post stollen a few weeks ago. We got a letter from Royal Mail saying a consignment of post had been stollen. Who knows what was in it ???

I know allroad has volunteered, which is good of him, but this could end up being a load of work and hassle for him.
What if some post containing cash goes missing on its way to him ?????
The finger of suspicion will inevitably point at him, and all he was trying to do was help out!!
He'll also have to open the envolope to check it, what if it's £20 short??
And if someone sends a cheque, how does he know it won't bounce???
Sounds a nightmare to me allroad mate.

We all know that if we choose to trade on here, we do it at our own risk.
If storm1 had daddymayhems landline phone number, this thread might not have been as long as it sadly is.

The phone number and photo with DW username on it for me.

Curly

just been following this thread,and im a bit shocked that someone on the forum could rip off a fellow member .£200 is a lot to done out of,but even if it was £10 its still too much.
its the second trading problem in so many weeks ive noticed,i think the mods will now have to step in and alter the way the section works before other respected and honest members get done by these con men/women.
i hope all turns out well and you get the £200 back m8

I don't think the idea of sending cash through the post is a good one.
We had some post stollen a few weeks ago. We got a letter from Royal Mail saying a consignment of post had been stollen. Who knows what was in it ???

I know allroad has volunteered, which is good of him, but this could end up being a load of work and hassle for him.
What if some post containing cash goes missing on its way to him ?????
The finger of suspicion will inevitably point at him, and all he was trying to do was help out!!
He'll also have to open the envolope to check it, what if it's £20 short??
And if someone sends a cheque, how does he know it won't bounce???
Sounds a nightmare to me allroad mate.

We all know that if we choose to trade on here, we do it at our own risk.
If storm1 had daddymayhems landline phone number, this thread might not have been as long as it sadly is.

The phone number and photo with DW username on it for me.

Curly

Yeah I see what you mean, but when I said cash I meant payment in any form I just use the word cash as a term. BT would be safer overall, that way a mod could accept the BT and then just transfer it on when the buyer confirms receipt of goods. (Always sent recorded so you can prove they got it, or special delivery for high value goods).

A land-line number confirmed is fine to prove an address but unless the person who has been scammed can and does follow it up then it is pretty useless. After all if the guy is going to scam you a phone number is useless. In fact just knowing his address is useless if he is a crook, 9/10 of them are scum who are blacklisted anyway so any small claims against them is useless and bailiffs can't touch them if the address is not actually theirs.

In fact a lot of them just rent, scam, take drugs, get evicted and start over.

this is not looking good is it hope you get your cash back or the item mate
i think there shud be a post count limit of 200+ posts to start selling on dw
ive never had this on dw but there had to be one hope you sort this out soon mate

ok hes not been on another forum i belong to since he joined sorry to hear about storm1`s predicament hope he either gets goods or his money back

Have been following this thread for a while, decided to check up on it today, sorry that you havn't got your goods mate, hope you can get everything back :]

I lost £30 to an ebay scammer once, he sent me a broken mouse and then cleared off... >:[. Never got my money back, but I hope you're luckier than I as £200 is no small amount.

On a side note, and nice work DW admin team, you're handeling this well and setting up precautions to help protect the decent folk, thanks, much appreciated. :]

Good luck Storm1

Ive had a PM from daddymayhem and he has explained a few things he has also PMd Storm :)
so it looks like the trade will end all good and all parties happy :)

Ive had a PM from daddymayhem and he has explained a few things he has also PMd Storm :)
so it looks like the trade will end all good and all parties happy :)

Good result all round,still think we need some definitive trading rules.

thats great news hopefully his excuse was a good one hope this ends well for storm.

Back