Been using dream elite image................But what now?

cheers matey,, and to you dibbers for trying:)

ive gotta run to home base now and she wants me to take her to a carvery!

all i want is a beer and to watch tv lol

lol, man i feel for you, well listen if i get the new image going then I'll make a note (and some screen shots) of how i get EPG working then can post it for you and the rest of the DW folk who want it....(watch me not get it going now!...lol) have fun at home base and don't forget to put your items on the scale at the self service, the wife was going mental with me, I'd never used one before and it was flashing red and sirens and that going off like, i thought i'd see a couple of "matilda's" com out the wall like the start of "robot wars" !!! i was waiting for Craig Charles to appear....

Then she had a right go at me, i didn't know you had to put the smallest of items on the scales, and then to top it off when she walked away i scanned me nectar card that they don't take....lolololol as you can imagine we both laughed....lol (not)

Last edited:
just booting this other image now........

ahh shes shouting at me to go home base so i can fit a curtain rail

lol! me too, just booting now......( no one shouting at me though, boy am i lucky today!...lol) phones off as well! lololol

booted in......c line entered......much quicker....

anything i need to tinker with from default?

also picked up my hard drive straight away!

Probably just crossepg which is already installed but needs configuring

And any preferences for A/V

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

ah i'm not liking the image, i guess it's based on the PLI image, it's just massive icons in your face and it looks bulky, not nice and clean like the blackhole image....ah man....might have to go back to the old one i had...lol....sorry about this pillhead mate, it's just these are like hugemassive icons and that with that image...

Massive icons where m8

You sure your not wearing magnifying glasses :)

I use the LTHD 6 skin m8 as i don't like the magic skins

just trying that skin now mate, and yeah the normal icons are like huge on me screen and that, it's like for a 5 year old (don't answer that!)

just trying that skin now mate, and yeah the normal icons are like huge on me screen and that, it's like for a 5 year old (don't answer that!)

Just checked m8 and its LT6-HD but yeah the default skin is crap m8

i was having to get up and go stand down the hall looking into the lounge with the default skins on they were so massive!, now I'm going to have to put my contacts in as the new skins are lush! top banana man! good call! happy now i have the new SSL on and the new image....wonder how pill heads getting on in home base....i can see him now trying to hurry past the people with his trolley who are there just for a coffee and to look and wonder round the store, some times even stopping in front of you so you just end up with them directly in front of you wanting to push them over...loll

OK now for EPG!

Phew thank feck for that lol

I didnt even bother installing TS Panel in this image as all the stuff I need is already there,
but I did install gp2flashbackup so I could back it all up to a safe place once done :)

lol, yeah it's cool, there's another skin that's came with it and i love it but the writing is off the side of me TV and you can't read it, any way i'll leave it for now and play with this image for 10 seconds until i get bored, shame about that other image like, (i just won't let it lie will i!) lol.......

Recording in High Def this image doens't like, playback for me is all stuttering and the like, i think i might be loading me old image back in with the old SSl... dang it...

Recording in High Def this image doens't like, playback for me is all stuttering and the like, i think i might be loading me old image back in with the old SSl... dang it...

Works fine here m8,maybe your drive needs checking as you stopped it in the middle of formatting earlier?

I've pulled out guys, sorry about that, but from now on pillhead should be good to go with the new image if he likes it with EPG, I'm booting me old image back up.....i know, i know, but i just like the old image, shame about the boot loader but hey, it's 14:29 now and i been messing on with this since like 7am again! you gotta love me for trying...

I've pulled out guys, sorry about that, but from now on pillhead should be good to go with the new image if he likes it with EPG, I'm booting me old image back up.....i know, i know, but i just like the old image, shame about the boot loader but hey, it's 14:29 now and i been messing on with this since like 7am again! you gotta love me for trying...

Well thats the whole buzz with the linux boxes m8,you get to try a lot of different images,settings and plugins etc

not everyone will like everything :)

yea it's good, and you know me always got to have the latest thing going, lol.... it's going to chew at me not knowing I'mI'm on the new ssl...lol....never mind, until another image comes along least i know what to do for the clones and the new ssl etc. (well easy now, the new SSL will allow you to boot orginal images (don't hold me to that it's just what it says on the tin!) so all good (just trying to initialise me hard drive, bloody things started on me now ain't it!)

...and one more good thing that's come out of all of this is that I've got a "cross epg" tut in the making, all the screen shots ready for another PDF...just going to have some tea and a break as I'm tittering on the edge of exaustion......cup of coffee and a banana and some muesli and then if i get time I'll get it upped....all working though from a fresh install....happy days.....then every one that wants a good epg can use it. (all though you'll have to have a USB key or your HDD mounted which i think i've shown before.....)

Right coffee time......

right im back to fiddling now...................

just initialised usb stick in the back as for the moment the one inside my box seems to have died?

Once thats done and hard drive formatted ill be changing skins and checking the recording before having a go with the epg...

Back