Software Bootable Backup software

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
At work we use paragon 12 to take backup images of PC's incase the HDD fails.

Paragon is on a CD and you boot from it and then do what you want. It can take a backup in less than 30 minutes and install it in less than 30 mins. Plus it compress the images it takes so it saves a lot of disk space.

Im wondering is there a new or similar program out there that i can boot from as paragon 12 is 4 or 5 years old now.
There is paragon 16 on there site but it seems it an .exe and not a disc image. Amases me that no sites these days tell you exactly what there software does.

I need to take a backup of my own window10 machine and home so that why im asking. i dont want to have to go through the whole process of installing the OS again. Installin win7 and updating to 10 takes forever with my internet speed.

Acronis True Image is popular, I like it, we use it at work. There are various versions to suit your needs and it can create bootable media.

Paragon can probably create bootable media.

Thanks guys ill check these out. i just want a program that i can boot from so i dont need to rely on another machine or OS to install the image.

Acronis is much better in my opinion
I have used Norton Ghost in the past however it's quite out-dated now

Hey,

Just looking into these at the moment and when i dowload them they are all executables. Im looking for a backup software that is Disc image(.iso, img etc..) that i can boot from. I can't install software on these machines.

I want to be able to boot from the backup software cd/usb, then take a backup image of the OS of the machine and save it to an external drive.

Back