Been using dream elite image................But what now?

GavinP

Inactive User
Reaction score
My box is starting to play up now after running the same image for nearly a year....

Hard drive and usb keep dissapearing and unmounting them selves....

Epg is also very iffy, the images built in one and cross epg..

Any tips as to what image is the newest and best to run at the moment..

Im a dm800 pro clone sim 2.01

Cheers guys and gals.....

Ps is there any way of backing up my current settings as i always for get what im supposed to set the tuner config to when re installing a image....

try the latest DBUK (PLi) based image.

My box is starting to play up now after running the same image for nearly a year....

Hard drive and usb keep dissapearing and unmounting them selves....

Epg is also very iffy, the images built in one and cross epg..

Any tips as to what image is the newest and best to run at the moment..

Im a dm800 pro clone sim 2.01

Cheers guys and gals.....

Ps is there any way of backing up my current settings as i always for get what im supposed to set the tuner config to when re installing a image....

Have a look here m8

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/275012/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks both of you....

Mark i dont really understand this boot loader thing.

My box is about 1 year old and has the sim 2.01, im not sure what bootloader it has...

can you help please....

Hi mate, that second stage loader is needed for the "original" images etc. to work on a clone

I'm just about to flash the SSL to it which when then update the boot loader, and then you can maybe flash the new image if it's not dbuk that you want.

Just going to make a cupa of coffee and then i might give it a go.

I did make a post to wards the end of that new image and that where i messed me box up but that's because i didn't flash the new image after letting the box fully update with the new SSL.

Will have a go and get back to you mate.

Last edited:
well "ssl" means "2nd stage loader" and that needs to be updated for the image to work.....pretty much flashed the same way you would with a normal image, so boot the box into *stop*? update the SSL (2md stage loader) and then update the image.....i'm going to go do it so I'll report back on what i find if that'll help you mate, were stuck with clone images at the moment you see on the boot loader were on that's why when you flash with the new one then it will allow these images to boot if you get me?

yes i get you now! thanks :) where one might get this new bootloader as i can flash that now......edit got it under downloads////

I assume i can just flash the image while i try and find the image download , i cant find it any where and the links here are dead.

well you'll be a step ahead of me as I'm rubbing sleep out my eyes at the minute and smoking a fag, but yes, that's what I'm going to do and flash the SSL via the web page and then let it for now boot into the existing image, then I'm going to boot the new image.

(if i can get my hands on it as the image i have i think is for originals only, how ever reading about the 2nd state loader being version 84 now then it's talk off that allowing us to flash ANY image to it)

well it took like 5 seconds! dont know if thats right.......ill see i can find some where it says what bootloader im using.....

should be on the screen when your box fires up bottom right hand side i think it'll tell you and if your box boots back up then under info.....

yep boot #84.......

now where is the bloody image! cant find it anywhere.....

yeah i'm looking for it me self, a simple google and it comes back with a web site where you can download it, but i'd hang fire for now until some one can confirm which one we use, how ever after reading about the new loader(that you now have on) we should be good to go with any image....clone or none clone....

My box is playing up a bit so i need to flash a new image today while ive got time.....

ill hang on for a bit though......any other images worth trying in the mean time.....?

yeha i know mate and i want to help you get your EPG workign as well, if i can be at the same stage as you then i can help ya follow an EPG guide, forget about Cross EPG for now, once your up and running welll get that main EPG working 1st, ok just booting the new SSL and i've googled the image and downloaded it, according to the new SSL (in our case no.84) then we should be good to go with any image either for a clone or an orginal.......brb

got a link to the image your using please...

so we are doing it exactly the same then:)

ok i've flashed the SSL loader to the machine and it's booted with the new SSL 84A on it, i'll try the image that i have just downloaded before i give you the link i'd hate to brick yours as i have and i'm familar with the a null modem cable etc should it go belly up...just give me 2 mins and i'll try it......

Morning mate, it's a clone and according to the new SSL 84A then we should be good to go, i was just about to flash the image and then to be sure after the image and not allowing it to fully boot was then going to flash the SSL just to be on the safe side unless you think other wise?

ive a original but if you have got 84 on flash the image then the bootloader again hopefully you should be good to go

Back