Been using dream elite image................But what now?

I've added a USB stick and then went to settings and unmounted it as when it's mounted you can't format it..., then there's a format option, (yellow) so i have un-mounted both the usb and the HDD and it's now formatting them both (one at a time using the yellow format option......writing blocks etc. now....(i wasn't that bothered about what was on there for me any way mate, your theory might work if you don't want to loose what you have recorded).....still writing blocks for now.....tik tok tik tok

god this is taking ages......and not sure if it's even going to work......i would have to have a 320 gig one in there wouldn't i! how you getting on pill head mate?

im still at basic stage as i reflashed as rats bouquets were not going on properly....

what are the settings i need to set the satallite to as i can never ever remember! cheers

28.2E matey.....i'm still formatting......lol

are you trying rats auto loader? it's not working for me at the minute (see new post)

yeah i know the 28.2 bit but never have any luck with the rest...

my box now sees my hard drive but wont format it.............

have you got the FTA channels and your sorted with them for now?

and yeah i'm still fomatting mate, had to go to settings, and then devices and then make sure that it was unmounted and then use the yellow to format, is that what your doing matey.

ive just added rats bouquet and hardly any channels show in the bouquet.....still not even at fta stage lol

do me favour mate and just tell me what your tuner config is please.........it gets me every time

im on config mode simple
mode single
satallite 28.2
send diseq no
tone amp 800mv

plus i keep getting green screens when trying to config stuff occasionaly...

so far im wishing i didnt fiddle lol....

i'm still stuck on the formatting screen mate and can't get out of it, i'm thinking i might just pull the HDD out and format it on my computer next door and then try again as this is just taking ages and ages, i can't quit out of it.

yeah them settings i think you've posted are fine, have you gone to sat finder as well mate and made sure you have green bars etc for signal etc and the tuner configured in there?

Tbh guys I would stick the DBUK image on and be done with it,
seems to be too much messing involved with that one?

@ pillhead those settings are correct m8

i have to agree, i pulled the HDD out and deleted the "volume" on the pc from the HDD drive, i can mount it and attach it but i can't initialise it, "unable to initialise hard disk error mkfs failed....dang it i kind of liked this image quite a lot and i swear with the new boot loader it's faster in booting as well as usage, how ever probably nothing to do with it....dbuk image you say? I'm out of ideas for this image and the HDD...........

You can use the new bootloader on the DBUK one m8 ;)

mintos! thanks man! and if your making a cuppa I'll have one as well since you've just crawled out your pit! good job your don't have a paper round i would be waiting for ages for the "Sunday sun" lol...ahem OK, right back to this image, i love it, it's lush got loads and loads of lush gifs and graphics and that on it but alas if it can't work with the attached HDD that i have them it's fruitless.......i think i tried the "dbuk" image but just didn't like it, how ever I'd like to keep the new boot loader ssl84a that i have on like as I'm sure it's increased performance.....might just be all in my head like...lol

I'll go have a look in the download section, I'm out of ideas unless i let the box format the attached 300 gig but that's taking ages and well over an hour, and what would happen at the end of it then i don't know it might still not initiliase.......

it's a clone mate.....

i am right in thinking that i can use the imags that say "orginal dreambox 800's only" and that now since i have the new ssl on?

it's a clone mate.....

i am right in thinking that i can use the imags that say "orginal dreambox 800's only" and that now since i have the new ssl on?

In theory yes m8,but they might not all act the way they should,so its trial and error,
but once you now flash the ssl AFTER the image and BEFORE rebooting they will load at least :)

I have the DBUK DM800 sim201 prepatched (doesnt need ssl flashed after) image here if you want me to up it?

yes please matey!!!! im desparate now! ive been painting the kids room since 7am and trying to do this as welll!

Need sky for this afternoon

Lies, Lies, Lies, that's what you told the mrs, lol, you been on here all morning! lololol.....

Well least i know how to use orginal images and that then now then with the new SSL and that's load image and then the SSL before rebooting....but if you have one that's got it built in then cool...

Back