Been using dream elite image................But what now?

ah man! so that's what the internal usb slot is for! i could of probs got a usb key in there, think I'll get one like and get one put in there, if it's flat enough then that should be cool and it'll fit! i have a usb extractor fan on the back via usb and also a usb stick hanging out the back of it.....good luck mate, sorry i reverted back to the old image i had on, how ever (as posted earlier) I'm writing a tut for "cross epg" and should be up the night if i can......as started again from scratch with the image and thought i'd do the "screen shots" and the PDF at the same time for the masses...

right im back to fiddling now...................

just initialised usb stick in the back as for the moment the one inside my box seems to have died?

Once thats done and hard drive formatted ill be changing skins and checking the recording before having a go with the epg...

Dont forget to check your recording paths in Menu-Setup-System-Recording Paths :)

take it and format it on a computer ? and then try again....even maybe open computer management and go to "disk management" and delete the volume, leave it raw when you plug it back in your dream and then try again?

Last edited:
think its done it now.....just tryed installing some picons and its rebooted and showing the busy icon for ages....

this one seems nearly as flaky as the previous one lol.

I dont know guys as I only have the dm800se version which compared to what you lot are up against seems way better,
but more importantly it means I cant give first hand info sorry :(

lol crashed again when trying the usb format.........lol i think i will leave it for tonight so i can watch some telly!

I dont know guys as I only have the dm800se version which compared to what you lot are up against seems way better,
but more importantly it means I cant give first hand info sorry :(

That's cool as were all getting SE's! lol....ha! i wouldn't worry bud that's what makes it ain't it, people have there own knowledge in certain areas....!

lol crashed again when trying the usb format.........lol i think i will leave it for tonight so i can watch some telly!

Looks like you might be having to start a fresh (green screen is always a bugga! i had one before like with You tube! )....good news the Cross Epg Tut should be done by the time you get back!

i could never get that crossepg to work on my 800hd like, im using same image as you mate so looking forward to tut and ill see what it does, pm or summit when its done mate so i can check it out!

yeah man, well i started from scratch today, yeah, scratch, my back up was cool but it had just too much stuff on it, and so in my wisdom i decided that I'd start from the plain and simple image, doesn't take me long now with a laptop in front of me and a few files, not to mention how easy it is now with the Ts panel (some of you might have heard me go on about that before!..) and then Rats updater etc. then it's a easy. (with files at hand like)

Any way, in the process I'd thought I'd wack the EPG tut together and thought it be best i start from the beginning, i used the other EPG (the one that's built into the image) as that used to shut the box down at 2.00am and go into standby, i thought it was always good practice (i think any way) if your not using the Cline then why have your box on it's just sending/receiving data back and forth all day so i figured it's good to have the box go into standby at like 2am as some times i'm not back in the house until after 9 at night etc..

But yeah, no worries, concentrated purely on "cross epg" as that's what I've seen lots of people asking for over the last few months....what's a good EPG etc for the dream and "cross epg"

Will post soooooooooon

so what image are you using now dibbers? as the one im using now wont format hard drive or usb stick...

Direct link would be nice as im feeling very lazy now after all my faffing around.

did you make a back up mate before "tinkering" ?

I'm using the Sim-SS82-dreamelite-133dv3-dm800

there's nothing in it though so you need to do all your Sat's and channels etc, not to mention the tuner config and the sat finder etc...(i think you know all that any way)

I use Rats Channel and bouquets from a file on here to do me sats.xml etc (before doing the auto install)

it's in the download section

here

how ever there looks like there's a newer one out.... sim201-SS82-dreamelite-133dv3-dm800-13052011-PHOENIX edition 2

this is the one i have.

dream123123.jpg

I'll have a play with the new one some time no doubt...

Last edited by a moderator:
poxy thing still crashes when ever i try and do something with the hard drive.

is it worth taking the hard drive out and can you attach it to a computer, erase it? delete the volume? pretend it's a brand new HDD with no "volume" on it.....

What about sticking a USB key in it for now and getting it back up and running as it's sounding like what ever the HDD is the cause of the green screens for now.

(@ Hol, Tuts wrote mate....just checking and then it'll go up "live") 8=)

even going back to the older dream elite version i still cant get the heard drive and usb to work!"!!!!

ive tryed wiping the volumes on them as well.....and re connecting them to no avail!

wish id left it yesterday lol

dibber did you get your hard drive working again?

yeah after a bit of a chew on, i notice that after the dream has done what it needs to do it creates a partition on the drive that needs to be deleted.

mines a bit of a chew when i try and boot with the HDD in it, but it's always been like that for me. So i leave it in standby all the time!

What about just trying and getting the image working with out the USD/HDD for now? then when your up and running we can try the HDD/USB etc again.

What image you trying now then mate so i know? the black hole image?

im using the one you are now...

i have bouquet installed i have picons installed(internally for the moment)........i have uploaded my cline and activated cccam but i cant get the pay channels for some reason....is there something im missing?

try and hold of installing lots of things at the min if you can (like picons etc) until we get you up and running.

So you get FTA ?

You need to get Ts panel

so you can download a "ccam" if you press "blue" then you'll see some more settings pop up one of them along the top is "cam" and in there you can download and install it and then start it.

(You might need to go to var/etc and make the chmod the cline with 777's)

Back