Why Did You Come To DW?

I used to be a member of the old forum (days of pt-1 etc)which i originally joined to investigate dbox's and when DW splintered away, i followed.....it was quite some time ago:proud:

It's always amazed me how many sites PT-1 was banned from, if it wasn't for him we'd all still be trying to translate the Dbox2 tutorials from German into pigeon English. :)

I joined in 05 when the keys rolled for the first time i was like wtf?? done a google and found this site think it was some boy called liam who sorted me out

since then stayed on and received some great help i maintain this is the best forum i have joined and strangely in the main the mods seems ok lol which can usually spoil a forum

saw a friend on here a wile back and thort idd have a look, was viewing as a guest for a wile then thort idd join up and make some friends,

NASA - Home

Last edited by a moderator:
After I saw my friends dreambox in action I had to have one but obviously as it didnt just work from the off i googled, which is how I found the amazing cable section,

after a while of lurking and reading I decided to join up and started exploring the rest of the site and now im hooked lol :)

I found the site from a goggle search looking for a gold card fix for Ondigital

I was amazed at how members bent over back wards to help me,they helped me step by step
and I thought what a nice place this is,and stayed :)

like Zoo said it was a small site then

it was very close nit where close friendships were made very quickly and tbh its still pretty much like that now but its grown and changed slightly but the principle is still the same

i joined to get info to softmod my wii , and was stagered at the knowledge on this forum and stuck around

Googled and joined to get help with my funcard. Got what i needed and more (considering i was a newbie) and was amazed at how helpful most of the folk were. Still feel i owe you guys something in return as ive received more that i have given.

I found you guy's when I was goggling about the home access grant.
There seem to be a lot mis information being posted on different sites.
But here I found what I was looking for.

i bought a modded box and had to have funcard done twice, so i thought "how hard can that be", alot of searching and 3 months and an awful lot of help on here and i did my first card.then progressed to an au card. used box for 2 years now its sitting in cupboard doing nothing.
but i still enjoy coming in here:Clap:

A mate of mine who was into ondigital pointed me at the site. I'd been viewing the bargain section as a visitor for a few weeks, but what got me to join was to post Pioneer giving away an £80 DVD player with a decent yet cheap car head unit...

was trying to find out as much as i could about what i could do with my dbox2 and i liked the freindly open way people treated each other on here. Even with the recent bitchfest I still think its the most laid back forum on the net.

thebigman

the Eurovox bought me here, but the other sections and friendly banter always brings a smile to my face, long may it continue !

I found gazers sight for OD codes Gazers sight had links to DW and i had a nose around. Met some guys like Rat zoo Munkeyspunks Cosmoss Davidh To name but a few.
Came a long way through the years. Learned a lot from a lot and have passed on some of what ive learned through the early years. Not now as there are too many clever fooker here now lol, I couldnt lace their boots now lol.
Sadly the site is going through a bit of a change at the moment (IMO) probably due too the cable scene dying off.

Hopefully things will get better soon. There are still a lot of good people around but sadly we have lost a lot of good people as well.
It would be nice if we could all forgive and forget and see everyone back but i fear too much has gone on for that to happen.

i was searching on info for funcard after being shafted by a trader, some great people on here then and now, have met and spoken to a couple of members also, amazing how people will go out of their way to help someone they have never met before...only on dw

I found this place when thoic went tits up and been here since. I visit almost everyday but I am not a prolific poster lol.

i found this place when i bought my first 500c and then i got another one direct from dvb and wanted to learn how to..blah blah blah .. and looking at the first box i got it had the gemini image on it so googled digitalworldz .........and if it wasn't for "rodbouy" i don't think i i would have stood a chance of understanding any type of box,

so thanx all who have helped me over the past year

i used to frequent allforums, and after i got burned for helping some one (de ja vu) gav12345 told me to come here. been here ever since. if i can ill help and put something on here other than that i mostly read stuff.

Back