Android WhatsApp issue auto typing

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Something just started happening on my phone with WhatsApp that's bugging the t*ts off me. I've given up searching for the solution so can anyone help please.

When I go to the Gallery on my phone then select a picture to share I then select WhatsApp icon then tick the person in my WhatsApp contacts to send to then a full screen of the picture preview appears,
but, the speech bubble you type a message in would normally say "add a caption" but mine now has the word "WhatsApp" pre typed in the box so when I send the picture it arrives at the other end with the picture and the word "WhatsApp" added to the picture at the bottom of it.

I can delete the word WhatsApp before I send it but it's just friggin bugging me as to why it suddenly started doing it and I can't suss out were to auto turn it off this auto typed "WhatsApp".

Can someone please tell me if its in WhatsApp settings or Gallery settings and how I turn it off pre typing the word.

I've looked for an hour on my phone and Googled it but no joy 😡.

Just checked mine, it does not do that, i cant see a setting anywhere either.

I did have a similar problem with snapchat though.
Everytime i went to send a snap the text box had the previous message sent in it.
So i had to delete the whole lot before typing the new message.
I cleared the data and cache and its been ok since.
Maybe you could clear the cache on whatsapp?

Mine is still good saying "add a caption"
But I did notice the other that you now only send a 2 minute and 50 seconds videos now which is poor :(
I have sent 50+ minutes of a video before
:(

Last edited:
Ok thanks I'm gonna uninstall reinstall it. Like I say, there's no inconvenience just annoying

When you get to the stage of sending the picture if you long press on the speech bubble you can select a few options frequent phrases and auto-fill .
I've mooched in there but can't see for looking. The only previous changes I made to my phone was installing AVG but I've uninstalled that just and reinstalled WhatsApp but it's still the same

That's what I mean ...just bugging me not been able to delete or get rid

When you click on the message box do you see settings like this? Maybe there is something in there

photo_2023-03-29_09-38-26.jpg

Yeah I've been mauling in there and also the "auto-fill" bit but no luck. Im not sure if it's to do with Gallery settings kind of tagging the picture like it's saying which app it's going to be used to send it.ive looked Gallery settings but can't see anything to untick or remove.

Strange thing is, if I go into that's person's chat then select add picture (paperclip) it doesn't do it.
I've just got into the habit of going into gallery, select WhatsApp then if I'm sending it to a few people I tick their names.
Strange one this, I'll keeping looking.

Must be a gallery setting then
Yeah I've been mauling in there and also the "auto-fill" bit but no luck. Im not sure if it's to do with Gallery settings kind of tagging the picture like it's saying which app it's going to be used to send it.ive looked Gallery settings but can't see anything to untick or remove.

Strange thing is, if I go into that's person's chat then select add picture (paperclip) it doesn't do it.
I've just got into the habit of going into gallery, select WhatsApp then if I'm sending it to a few people I tick their names.
Strange one this, I'll keeping looking.

I'm thinking same but can I find it ? Can I hecker's

How would you read that,
There's an issue with everyone's or just mine, a comma would mean mine

Can I ask you can you send a video longer than 3 minutes? 🤔

Well I've looked everywhere on my phone cleared caches, deleted apps, deleted settings reset loads and it's still there so there's nothing more I can do.
I don't know anyone else with the problem so I take it it's an issue with the phone

I’m on iOS and everything thing seems to be working as usual

I’m on iOS and everything thing seems to be working as usual
I wonder if it has anything to do with your Gallery app inserting it?
Can either of you send a video longer than 3 minutes as I can't? or is it just me :(
Use to be able to send 50/60 minutes as long it was under a certain size in MB

Back