Why Did You Come To DW?

I never found it, I was brought here by a member called pyroneus. I came to learn how to hack cable, I learnt, and stayed. Been enjoying the forum and banter since.

i was looking for lemonparty and came across dw

done a google and found a thread by a member called janobi about cross dressing.

Came here to find out how to get a dbox2 working.

Took me 7 hours to work out that I needed to turn of the wifi on the laptop to ifa with an xover cable.

Someone else was struggling so I posted what I had found and been here ever since.

My user name is my dogs name and the year I got her but I messed up as it should be ellie1999 but I typo'd :) .

like most of the other old timers i found via gazers site looking for ondigital codes, (that box is still going Ma has and is using as a freeview box) much water under the bridge and thousands of posts later still here, nip on most days and have a look at what is going on, sometimes logon from palm at work when waiting for couriers to deliver my parts.

mind you i miss a lot it will be all ok one day and then the next there are people fighting in the play ground, pulling hair and swinging handbags then there are loads of pink people :)

do miss the place when dont log on for any reason...

i ended up here after i bought a 500c from my friend, who then moved to spain, and eventually i got the black screen, lol, then i noticed there was a website on the boot logo of my box, think it was dw 1.6 not certain though, 2 days later i had my cable back on and that was me hooked, on here everyday now, dont know what id do without it!!

great site and great people!!!!!!

No reminiscing for me, no stories of days gone by. Just came here for no reason at all and stuck. Registered on few other forums but most i managed was about 10 posts and got bored.

This place has its ups and downs but as with anything, the bigger you get, more problems. Its managed very well though.

best dbox section on the net ....by far !
fab members too ... easy and relaxed atmosphere (most times , despite what some members say)
i used to ONLY post in the dbox section..i now post in most sections ..
Long Live DW and my DW family xx

I came for all the info on tomtom but got deeper into the whole thing it seems the norm to log in most days view and make, add the occasional input

she was jokin i think...cos her avatar says 1998 also??
do it once is ok but twice...lmao

I'm a he, ellie is my dog.
I did consider correcting it but i'm used to the typo after 5 years.
The avatar was done for me by a kind member years ago.

I'm a he, ellie is my dog.
I did consider correcting it but i'm used to the typo after 5 years.
The avatar was done for me by a kind member years ago.

the amount of times over the years ive seen that correction/mistake lol.

you should have a sig..."im a he!"

used to program the ONDigital goldcards for myself and mates,

never been in a cabled area myself, but was looking for codes or something for my mate who was cabled up, when his box went down, thats when i joined.

got involved doing the freeview codes on here for youse guys / gals lol, had to give something back to DW.

can still do codes for tvx lol

now into sat stuff.

Last edited:
joined to look and learn bout dbox but before that was a guest just looking when i had subbed box, found out a few other things since but always bit scared il mess it up so all i do is keep readin, sure if i need it i would get help tho :Clap:

not a lot of posts on my part mainly cos everyone else knows more than me ha ha

been on a few other forums but this is the most helpful and informative plus had loads of free stuff as well :D

I came in search of dbox knowledge and boy did i find it.

There are far too many knowledgeable members to mention but I am going to mention one that very rarely gets a mention nowdays...cable demise I guess.

If it wasn't for Fergalsworld and his posts and help then many a person would still be stuck, his posts certainly helped me. I remember reading how he sorted out the log files and thinking...fek me is there nothing this fella doesnt know, I was hooked from then on.

It's mainly habit that has kept me here over the years, I have met a lot of friends here.

i came here to find wally :roflmao:

me mate used me pc to find info to sort me dbox out,many moons ago
and i just went into the history tabs on pc to see where he been
i came across this and a couple of more forums,so i joined up then started
learnin more about them,then started to learn about modems but still in with
the dboxes then movin onto dreamboxes,i even learnt on how to create
an image for dbox,and test images for various image creaters like team commando,njlworld,gav12345,and others,also learnt some knowledge of pt-1,renwich,paphosal,hunter,boswell,nj and fergalsworld

I came in search of dbox knowledge and boy did i find it.

There are far too many knowledgeable members to mention but I am going to mention one that very rarely gets a mention nowdays...cable demise I guess.

If it wasn't for Fergalsworld and his posts and help then many a person would still be stuck, his posts certainly helped me. I remember reading how he sorted out the log files and thinking...fek me is there nothing this fella doesnt know, I was hooked from then on.

It's mainly habit that has kept me here over the years, I have met a lot of friends here.

Totally agree with you there Jim, when i first come on here it was only for Dbox info and this guy was a legend and a shit hot avatar to boot.

Back