Well done the French !

The communists already tried that and it didn’t work, besides according to this old chart you are in a minority, the majority of the world’s populations don’t agree with you.

I'm sorry Idrob but I don't see how that old chart says the majority of the world's population don't agree with me.
It is a pie chart representing the percentage of the religious denominations through out the world, I and no doubt the majority of Europeans and Americans will make up the 33% slice that represents Christianity and in no way represents anyone's thoughts on Faith Schools.

Guys, just a reminder that we shouldn't insult another member over their opinions, I know that sounds hypocritical of me after a couple of my posts, which on reflection I have removed

But please, for the sake of forum harmony, keep our replies above board and within the rules, we all know what normal decent people think of such stupid statements, nuff said

Attack the post,not the poster ;)

I'm sorry Idrob but I don't see how that old chart says the majority of the world's population don't agree with me.
It is a pie chart representing the percentage of the religious denominations through out the world, I and no doubt the majority of Europeans and Americans will make up the 33% slice that represents Christianity and in no way represents anyone's thoughts on Faith Schools.

Forgive me if I got it wrong, I assumed by your statement that you were an atheist and didn’t believe in God. The old pie chart is telling us that at least 84% of the world’s population are Theists and do believe in God.

This is actually well f*cked up. We are all human at the end of the day breathing the same bloody air.

Was watching the news today and it's shocking. From both sides, not just one. What is the point. It's like schoolyard tit for tat.

For me, a British Muslim, who does believe in God and so what?? It gives me a bit of peace and strength at times of need. But I don't give a crap about what the guy next door believes in or does as long as we can live in the same Street. To me there are only two things that matter and that's my daughter and my wife, nobody else.

It seems like I'm being made to give a damn. I'm being made to think twice or being made to worry.
If you want to stop extremism then start with yourself. Have your beliefs and keep them to yourself. No need to impose it on others. From both sides. Not just one.

And as for freedom of speech, no such thing. You are deluded my friends.
But what's the point of it anyway. We have enough freedom to go about our daily lives,that's all the freedom I need.

This is actually well f*cked up. We are all human at the end of the day breathing the same bloody air.

Was watching the news today and it's shocking. From both sides, not just one. What is the point. It's like schoolyard tit for tat.

For me, a British Muslim, who does believe in God and so what?? It gives me a bit of peace and strength at times of need. But I don't give a crap about what the guy next door believes in or does as long as we can live in the same Street. To me there are only two things that matter and that's my daughter and my wife, nobody else.

It seems like I'm being made to give a damn. I'm being made to think twice or being made to worry.
If you want to stop extremism then start with yourself. Have your beliefs and keep them to yourself. No need to impose it on others. From both sides. Not just one.

And as for freedom of speech, no such thing. You are deluded my friends.
But what's the point of it anyway. We have enough freedom to go about our daily lives,that's all the freedom I need.

I see what your saying and it makes sense but we cant stick our heads in the sand and ignore the shit that goes on in the world. Some of these extreme factions of religion deny females basic human rights. That cant be ignored and there are many other examples of denial of basic human rights through religion. It is f*cked up and I don't know the answer.

A lot of good points in this thread from both sides tbh
Went a bit wonky but a good discussion and back on track

:)

The answers are in the study of the subject, but unfortunately the media acting like propaganda machine have molded our deep seated prejudice, so our preconceived ideas make it difficult to pick the truth out from the false ones.

You left out the hate preachers who spread their propaganda to the extremists.

The answers are in the study of the subject, but unfortunately the media acting like propaganda machine have molded our deep seated prejudice, so our preconceived ideas make it difficult to pick the truth out from the false ones.

I certainly agree with you about a media propaganda machine but for many I don't think it is prejudice, it is the need of self safety and despite some of the rhetoric, it is not secular.
The miscreants have a religeous prefix, but it is the "extremist", "jihadist", "bomber",etc that is the object of fear and hatred.
And it is those that are the problem and who the negativity is expressed at, unfortunately there will always be some that will extend that negativity to embrace a whole section of society.
Although perhaps not on the same scale but certainly in the same way and by the same means the unemployed in this Country have also suffered similar venom, on behalf of a similarly tiny minority.

You left out the hate preachers who spread their propaganda to the extremists.

In my opinion “hate preacher” is a contradiction in terms; one can’t be a preacher and hate at the same time.

These are new words that have been concocted together with some other words like fundamentalist to divide people; “hate preachers” as we call them today should be called “criminals” as they have nothing to do with religion.

And the word “extremism” should be more associated with political movements rather than religious ones.

Dress it up how you want , still the same shit happening.

In my opinion “hate preacher” is a contradiction in terms; one can’t be a preacher and hate at the same time.

These are new words that have been concocted together with some other words like fundamentalist to divide people; “hate preachers” as we call them today should be called “criminals” as they have nothing to do with religion.

And the word “extremism” should be more associated with political movements rather than religious ones.

Well they certainly do a good job hiding behind it mate

Anyone with half a brain cell knows it is not average decent Muslim people who are bad as seen in the Dentists postings in this thread and others, BUT on the other side of the coin we've seen other not so decent postings from other Muslim members that seem to justify, even support the extremist terrorists murdering and atrocities that have been carried out of late, and there lies the problem, seemingly normal Muslim members on here are actually openly supporting terrorist, so how does the normal "Westerner/European" know just who to trust and who not ? logic dictates that an extremist Muslim has at some stage been a decent law abiding Muslim

Anyone with half a brain cell knows it is not average decent Muslim people who are bad as seen in the Dentists postings in this thread and others, BUT on the other side of the coin we've seen other not so decent postings from other Muslim members that seem to justify, even support the extremist terrorists murdering and atrocities that have been carried out of late, and there lies the problem, seemingly normal Muslim members on here are actually openly supporting terrorist, so how does the normal "Westerner/European" know just who to trust and who not ? logic dictates that an extremist Muslim has at some stage been a decent law abiding Muslim

Forgive me but, If you are looking for a Muslim who will say:

“You are welcome, take all of Palestine, kill us all and give it to whoever you want” or one who will say “do whatever you want in Afghanistan or in Iraq, why don’t you take Iran while you’re at it” or "insult our Prophet all you want, its ok”.

I don’t think you will find a single one

“You are welcome, take all of Palestine, kill us all and give it to whoever you want” or one who will say “do whatever you want in Afghanistan or in Iraq, why don’t you take Iran while you’re at it” or "insult our Prophet all you want, its ok”.

No but we look for the ones that don't support terrorism or repression of basic human rights

Forgive me, so on that basis I don't like the extension my neighbour has built, should I blow it up and then murder him, he's wife and kids with an AK47 when he complains ?

Also we are not talking about Muslims from those countries, we are talking about British/European Muslims

Its interesting the last few posts...
thing is, we arent wrong here. but question is where do we stop. one group gets some guns then the next group gets bigger guns in retaliation. it will only take one group to actually lay down their guns before something will stop and in this case you have the one group that will say yeah lets the piss then the other group saying you cant take the piss and lets go killing people in retaliation. then another group saying we wont give in to these nutters and throw more insults and the cycle begins. None of it is right.
I dont think none of us are silly enough to think that we live in an idealistic world, truth is we will never get peace in this world and we will never get everyone living together in peace. there will always be conflict...if its not religion, it be poilitics, if its not that it be hooliganism etc etc etc.
but the way the world is run currently its to keep it hanging on a thread but only enough so that the thread dont break. (if that makes sense)

I dont have the answers, if i did i would be in politics. but what it means for me personally is that there is this dilemma. I have very strong british values and at the same time i am a muslim and have muslim values. To me there is no conflict. British values doesnt say to me i cant be a muslim and muslim values does not say to me that i cannot have british values. im actually proud to have both.
The dilemma, confusions occurs when both are in conflict, not because there is a need to be. One doesnt need to insult the other and the other doesnt need to go killing. British values to me is about respect and freedom.
For me, in this thread, i dont see many wrongs. I see people trying to justify. I think we need to sort a few things out before this current muslim extremism/terrorism is erradicated. I think we need start taking control and stop following the US.
I think muslims need to start educating themselves and start learning to live in the 21st century. i think we need to realise that all these laws they have in the middle east and especially saudi, thats all bullcrap. i think we need to have a good hard look at the situation in palestine. i think religion, and i mean the people of the religion need to realise that they aint living in the middle ages. we aint riding around in horses and using swords to fight...if you want to prove a point, if you want to show that you are part of a good religion then let actions speak, be a good person, show tolerance and intergration and show to the world that you as a muslim person are a good person then maybe people will have a better reflection of the muslim world. because at the moment, whether by press manipulation or their own stupidy, muslims aint doing themselves no good. responsibility lies on both sides to sort the issues out. do we want to fight for the right to insult or do we want to fight for freedom. because they arent both the same thing.

Forgive me, so on that basis I don't like the extension my neighbour has built, should I blow it up and then murder him, he's wife and kids with an AK47 when he complains ?

Also we are not talking about Muslims from those countries, we are talking about British/European Muslims

First of all please try and remember that we are not fighting, we are talking and sharing our views and opinions like we are doing with our satellite and cable CS. And we may say things without thinking or through ignorance or mistake, just like putting the N line in the wrong place.

And I am far from an expert on the subject of politics, or Britons or USA foreign policies, but I do know a little about theology. Namely: Judaism/Christianity/Islam.

As far as extensions are concerned, there are laws and council inspections, if an extension is not approved, the council will not allow you to build it. No need for an AK47 there.

There are laws about invading other sovereign countries as well, unless they are a threat to us and have weapons of mass destructions and there are inspectors for that as well.

The invaders are not from those countries either; they are Britons/Europeans/USA.

Back