Well done the French !

The aim is always to take them alive..that's always the brief,but in these situations your also told not to take any chances,your number one priority to to preserve the lives of the zeros(civvies) if that looks like it is under threat you go in.

Indeed and that is what will have happened in the UK, I really don't understand this UK bashing, the situation has / could occurred over here and would have been handled similarly.

Nope disagree . They already had plenty of intelligence on these people. The mistake is not taking these people out before they do harm. Prevention is better than cure

And I disagree with you. If there was so much intelligence then why did it happen in the first place ?

And I disagree with you. If there was so much intelligence then why did it happen in the first place ?
That's were the problem lies mate. It was the same on 9/11 lots of intelligence and no preventative action taken. We need to get smarter.

That's were the problem lies mate. It was the same on 9/11 lots of intelligence and no preventative action taken. We need to get smarter.

Exactly my point, going around killing the terrorists without at least trying to take them alive smacks of the lowest levels of stupidity.

It was no coincidence there is long history of Islam butting heads with Judaism.
Not that I want to get involved with this subject but surely you mean Muslims butting heads with Jews.

As far as I know Islam has no problem with Judaism and Judaism has no problem with Islam. They are both Semitic religions, as is Christianity. One revelation following the other, revealed in sequence over time as the followers veered off the guided path.

First Judaism (Old Testament), then Christianity (New Testament) and then Islam (Last Testament).

Not that I want to get involved with this subject but surely you mean Muslims butting heads with Jews.

As far as I know Islam has no problem with Judaism and Judaism has no problem with Islam. They are both Semitic religions, as is Christianity. One revelation following the other, revealed in sequence over time as the followers veered off the guided path.

First Judaism (Old Testament), then Christianity (New Testament) and then Islam (Last Testament).

A fine point, but an important one.

Glad you are not in charge of the operation. A dead terrorist is a dead terrorist, doesn't help anybody. A captured terrorist is a potential mine of information. I was reading something last year about the amount of information the live Boston bomber gave up.

IF I was in charge there would be a lot more dead active terrorist, unlike the do gooders of this world I would not have any problem taking them out, I would even take out the known suspects and hate preachers, instead of putting them on a no fly list I would put them on a no Live list and be done, if captured they will not give up information freely anyway and would therefore either have to be tortured or kept in prison for years at our cost, as said kill the scum and be done

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hacktivist group Anonymous has come out to avenge the attacks on the office of Paris-based magazine Charlie Hebdo in which 12 people were murdered.

The Belgian 'branch' of Anonymous posted a video message to YouTube describing a new campaign against jihadists, called #OpCharlieHebdo .

The video, which features someone wearing the Guy Fawkes mask and speaking with their voice obscured, explains (in French) that its members have decided to "declare war on you, the terrorists" - referring to Al-Qaeda and ISIS specifically.

"We will track you down - every last one - and will kill you,” the spokesman says. "You allowed yourselves to kill innocent people, we will therefore avenge their deaths."
The figure says that 'hacktivists' from around the world will track all of jihadist activities online and close down their accounts on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.

"You will not impose your sharia law in our democracies, we will not let your stupidity kill our liberties and our freedom of expression. We have warned you; expect your destruction."

The press release ends in typical Anonymous fashion:

"We will track you everywhere on the planet, nowhere will you be safe. We are Anonymous. We are legion.

"We do not forget. We do not forgive. Be afraid of us, Islamic State and Al Qaeda - you will get our vengeance."
A statement supporting the video has also been released onto the text-sharing website Pastebin, echoing the sentiment, but focuses more squarely on the attack on freedom of speech.

"Freedom of speech and opinion is a non-negotiable thing - to tackle it is to attack democracy.

"Expect a massive frontal reaction from us because the struggle for the defense of those freedoms is the foundation of our movement," says the statement.

Anonymous's pledge of vengeance follows a spate of cyberattacks on the websites of French towns, which had their homepages replaced by the ISIS flag.

Last edited by a moderator:

He got it right the first time, unless you have tried to read the Koran or learn about Islam please lets not try to mislead everyone.

The Koran id rife with anti-Semitism, cause and effect. Brainwash 4-5 year olds that Jews and Christians are apes and pigs and kill them everywhere you find them, then this is the consequence.

yet over the decades actions have proved louder than words, mostly famously the Iranian embassy siege, Gibraltar, plenty of times in Ireland and lots of domestic situations.

And I'm pretty sure the French tried to capture them alive so I am not sure what your point is.

And I'm not sure you were serious about that comment.

Over the decades............Exactly, before the PC brigade and the "violators have just as many rights as the victims" do-gooders took over.

As for the French Police trying to take the terrorists alive, No Chance !! the CRS Police have been notorious for their brutality since the early 70's and they wore the full face masks even back then, so that they could not be identified or singled out for blame (and I know that from very painful experience.
Their Army Special Forces, some of whom are drafted from the Legionnaires have even less regard for humanitarian rights and needs. And just to tip the scales, both units have the contemptible honour of being extremely racist.
And yes I am very serious about my comment !!

On the quiet the French are rather good at this sort of thing. As @AJT pointed out they would be seeking to minimise and contain but the indications are the shooter was psyching himself up for the final shootout.

Had they not gone in at that point the outcome would very likely have been considerably worse all round including total loss of hostages.

I can understand the argument about taking them alive but they're more scared of their handlers than they are torture. This scenario is different to Boston, this lot were managed and funded.

...unless you have tried to read the Koran or learn about Islam please lets not try to mislead everyone.

Good advice. Let's not.

Most of the people posting on this thread are sticking to the facts and offering their opinions. Let's not chuck in misinformation to muddy the waters and derail the thread.

Glad you are not in charge of the operation. A dead terrorist is a dead terrorist, doesn't help anybody. A captured terrorist is a potential mine of information. I was reading something last year about the amount of information the live Boston bomber gave up.

You had the truth in your statement above then covered it up with excessive wording..............

"A TERRORIST IS A POTENTIAL MINE" and the best way to deal with a mine is to eradicate it.

I don't remember reading much about any information given up by Dzhokhar Tsarnaev the Boston Marathon Bomber taken alive, other than he pleaded Not Guilty of the bombing and that Abdulbaki Todashev father of the bomber whowas killed came from Kazakhstan to the US and filed a lawsuit against the FBI for killing his other son.
Although, it has also been published that substantial intelligence about the bombers was held by the FBI and the CIA and that Russian Intelligence had also been tracking and intelligence collecting on both the bombers, so more a case of inaction causing the death of innocents........that seems to ring a bell.

He got it right the first time, unless you have tried to read the Koran or learn about Islam please lets not try to mislead everyone.
The Koran id rife with anti-Semitism, cause and effect. Brainwash 4-5 year olds that Jews and Christians are apes and pigs and kill them everywhere you find them, then this is the consequence.

As I said before in another post on this site, my hobby for the past 40 years has been the study of comparative religions, so yes; the way to study this subject is by reading the Bible and the Quran, many times over.

If you want to believe the rumors and old wife’s tails and repeat them without a shred of evidence, that’s your prerogative.

well up in the north of scotland the police have guns ,they stoped one man from dropping rubbish ,i think if they come here they should be killed quick and deport the full fam no matter what,if they want to die all they need do is go out to a war zone and die,not be sick sad scumbags who have guns and shoot people who dont ,if i had a gun and everyone around they would not be so quick to do this,butthen we would have the same problems usa has.

i was just dusting my gun and it shot 50 people lol ops wont happen again lol.
if they want to fight let them try it without a gun,bet the sick shits would not have the balls.

well done the french,give them hell,just not the ones who want to live a good lives.

As I said before in another post on this site, my hobby for the past 40 years has been the study of comparative religions, so yes; the way to study this subject is by reading the Bible and the Quran, many times over.

If you want to believe the rumors and old wife’s tails and repeat them without a shred of evidence, that’s your prerogative.

Unfortunately you wont convince me, ive seen, ive read and ive taken note. I trust Muslims in Islamic country's to know their own religion far better than you or me. Little video below always a good watch tho

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The holy Quran

Unfortunately you wont convince me, ive seen, ive read and ive taken note. I trust Muslims in Islamic country's to know their own religion far better than you or me. Little video below always a good watch tho

let’s look at this in context:

The Arabs represent 2% of the Muslim world, so that’s 98% of the Muslim world are non-Arabs.
Then, the people in this video are Palestinians or Egyptians and I don’t know what percentage of the Arab world are Palestinians and Egyptians but you can see they are a very small minority.

Now, I’m sure we all know what’s been going on in Palestine for the past 60 years, but let me give you the Palestinians argument:

At the end of the Second World War we (the British) decided to give the Jews, a small part of Palestine. Palestinians agreed and said “welcome they are our brothers from Father Abraham”. Then the Jews started killing and taking over Palestine with the backing of the USA and to some extent British.

So now, I don’t know about you but if I were a Palestinian, suffering in the hands of the Jews and the might of the USA for the past 60 odd years, I would probably teach my kids the same propaganda lessons that the video is doing to that Palestinian child.

Back