Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well done the French !

Back off and think about it!

The right of free speech comes with a responsibility to use it wisely. Those who cause offence or insult should expect a response. That said, no-one should expect to be shot for expressing their opinion.

While I sympathise #JeSuisCharlie , I do wonder, if I thought you (generic you) an obnoxious bar-steward, should I publish or just smile tolerantly?

Serious thought.

I don't agree with the strength of johnybravos post but I respect his right to an opinion.

I don't agree with the strength of johnybravos post but I respect his right to an opinion.

I think johnnybravo was trying to express a concern I share. While we have the right to free speech, we should exercise that right wisely. While no reasonable person would advocate the massacre that the French experienced I must ask the question, does free speech give us that right?

Because, if it does, if we have the right to insult, then no-one can be excluded. We can insult gays, catholics, lesbians, transgender, UKip, binmen, Tesco...

Is that a World you want?

I think johnnybravo was trying to express a concern I share. While we have the right to free speech, we should exercise that right wisely. While no reasonable person would advocate the massacre that the French experienced I must ask the question, does free speech give us that right?

Because, if it does, if we have the right to insult, then no-one can be excluded. We can insult gays, catholics, lesbians, transgender, UKip, binmen, Tesco...

In a word "no" and on reflection you may have a point

@Bronto
I may have the wrong take on this , My view was that the whole Charlie Ebdo thing was about free and freedom of the press. My thinking is it would be hypocritical to sensor someones views in a thread relating to an issue related to free speech. I also find the content of the post to be extreme as no one deserves to get shot for exercising freedom of views or press.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Bronto
I may have the wrong take on this , My view was that the whole Charlie Ebdo thing was about free and freedom of the press. My thinking is it would be hypocritical to sensor someones views in a thread relating to an issue related to free speech. I also find the content of the post to be extreme as no one deserves to get shot for exercising freedom of views or press.

You should be able to say and publish ANYTHING you want, if what you say breaks any law then the law should deal with it not some scumbag muslim extremist with an AK47

Imagine how many people you could of killed if you killed every time someone offended you

This is not new though is it?
Salmen rushdie had a death warrant on him for the satanic verses. Its just that now the nutters are more radical and carry out their threats.

You should be able to say and publish ANYTHING you want, if what you say breaks any law then the law should deal with it not some scumbag muslim extremist with an AK47

Imagine how many people you could of killed if you killed every time someone offended you

The French are not exactly free with free speech are they? They arrested a comedian for espousing an opposite view? I would put it in the vein of Dirty Harry, "Nothing wrong with offending people as long as the right people get offended"

I know, that's kinda contrary. On the other hand, if you knew ***insert minority of choice*** he/she seemed okay and the majority were slagging them off what would you? Join the mob?

Sorry, if they're okay with me I'll stick by them.

you play with fire you get burnt..those people who were associated with the magazine and publishing the cartoon got what they deserved..there is a limit, eevn the pope has said there is a limit to respect every religeon yet these french twats who decided to print cartoons of the prophet stepped over the mark and paid the price..im for freedom expression and speech but not to insult billions of muslims around the world..sooner or later you gonna pay and they did..
Twat...........

@IANB Thats my opinion and my freedom of speech.

Thats my opinion mate..suddenly we brits Start liking the french..thoght we hated them Voß they always beat us in footy...protecting inoocent civvy lives...what a croc of shit..Do they protect innocent men, women and childrens lives in attacks in iraq, Afghanistan, syria, etc...No!...its regarded as collateral damage...stop measuring the sizes of yr dicks and get real ...Islam is the best religeon in the world..the truth..shame j a few are ruing it for others

Islam in my opinion is just a cult !! Nothing less..... It's followers pick and choose what they want to abide by when the time suits.

Btw, I do not have a religion - where there is religion you will find war.

all religion is bullshit . quicker we stop teaching this shit in schools and so on the better

Now there is a place to start !!!
Abolish all religious schools, Catholic, C of E, Islamic, Jewish, et al.
Then at least hard line opinions cannot be ingrained in the academic day.

Now there is a place to start !!!
Abolish all religious schools, Catholic, C of E, Islamic, Jewish, et al.
Then at least hard line opinions cannot be ingrained in the academic day.

The communists already tried that and it didn’t work, besides according to this old chart you are in a minority, the majority of the world’s populations don’t agree with you.

Attachments

• rel_pie.gif
    rel_pie.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 75
Thread is closed.
Whilst we encourage healthy debate this topic has become out of hand.

Posts about religion, politics, and other contentious subjects are tolerated. However, these threads may be heavily moderated or removed without warning.

Thread has been re-opened..
Please let's keep to sensible debate.

Last edited:
Guys, just a reminder that we shouldn't insult another member over their opinions, I know that sounds hypocritical of me after a couple of my posts, which on reflection I have removed

But please, for the sake of forum harmony, keep our replies above board and within the rules, we all know what normal decent people think of such stupid statements, nuff said

Back